Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michigan cancels Arkansas series to renew Notre DAME rivalry

Started by Murr, July 06, 2016, 11:27:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The following teams show openings for their season openers in 2018/2019 when we had Michigan scheduled, who would you choose to play?

Florida State
Michigan State
Georgia Tech
Virginia
TCU
Wake Forest
Air Force
Navy
Univ of Central Florida
Tulane

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Mr. Porkleone

Bacons Rebellion

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on September 12, 2016, 02:43:26 pm
Seems quiet.
SEC says it has to be a Power 5 school. They might as well just schedule Kansas and have our fans travel 5 hours to see our Hogs destroy a Power 5 school. Then we can demolish them at home. I would assume they would be fine with the ticket sales they would get in Lawrence.

alohawg

How about Nebraska, OU? Or out west, Arizona, Washington, Cal-Berkeley?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

rljjr

I thought wholehogsports just said we're playing Florida A&M as our 4th and final NonCon for 2017. Did I read that wrong? What year is it now? I want to watch Matlock!!!

Bacons Rebellion

Oh, replacement on the FOOTBALL SCHEDULE. And I had gotten my hopes up.

DeltaBoy

Did Michigan back out of our Home and Home deal???
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

Hogs run wild

hope SEC would wave the power 5 mandate since Meshegan backed out. wasn't our fault. most schools have their schedules made many years in advance. i know texas owes us a home game or we could play that school to the east. oh btw, next game contracts should be like 8 million dollar penalty if you back out. just saying.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

wholehog92

Can we swap with Canada for Quebec or something like that?
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hobhog

Quote from: rljjr on September 12, 2016, 03:03:06 pm
I thought wholehogsports just said we're playing Florida A&M as our 4th and final NonCon for 2017. Did I read that wrong? What year is it now? I want to watch Matlock!!!

This is correct. if NCAA doesn't like it we can just take a forfeit from wolverines and take the Power 5 win!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

AugustaHog

Nebraska is the one I would love to see on the schedule at some point.  They are a traditional power, but waaaaay down.  You get an easy win and it looks a lot better than it actually was.  I'd love a home and home because that'd be a fun roadtrip.  I'd settle for the neutral site arse whipping though.  OU and Okie St. are the way too obvious matchups.  I'd take a game vs. Illinois (on their way up with Lovie) in Soldier Field.  There'd be a ton of logistics there to work out, but that'd be an eye opener nationally due to the venue.  N'western in their stead would do fine too.  It makes sense because CBB is from Illinois and would have some good storylines with him going back home to face a B1G team. 

Exit Pursued by a Boar

The Michigan games were for 2018 & 2019.

EFBAB

Mike_e

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Captain Morgan on September 12, 2016, 02:58:40 pm
SEC says it has to be a Power 5 school. They might as well just schedule Kansas and have our fans travel 5 hours to see our Hogs destroy a Power 5 school. Then we can demolish them at home. I would assume they would be fine with the ticket sales they would get in Lawrence.

Agree. Make it Kansas or Iowa St. Do a home and home. Many Hog fans in the KC area believe it or not. Many would make the trip. 
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Hogtimes

Louisville...for obvious reasons

Clemson...good team...fresh opponent.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Hogtimes on September 12, 2016, 03:50:03 pm

yes, but... in DWRRS first!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

WizardofhOgZ

Hawghiggs

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

SPAL

Quote from: Hogtimes on September 12, 2016, 03:50:03 pm

I want no part of Louisville while Jackson is there.

hogsanity

My guess is any team even close to Mich is going to want a home and home AND we have to go there 1st. As long as they are not from the state of Texas or Oklahoma I ma fine with whoever they get.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Sir Oinksalot

Love Matlock ...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on September 12, 2016, 03:03:35 pm
Oh, replacement on the FOOTBALL SCHEDULE. And I had gotten my hopes up.

...great job, you surely dint go to scool in arkansaw ...

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Biggus Piggus

I vote for Kansas, Iowa State, Virginia, Rutgers, or Purdue.
[CENSORED]!

The_Bionic_Pig

Georgia Tech for recruiting purposes in a very fertile ATLANTA!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jlhogfan

Hawgar The Horrible

Most everyone has dates for 2017 already. Long will need to find a good looking, money hungry, ho that wants to be seen on the dance floor to break her date. But it's going to cost him. 
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Smokehouse

Quote from: AugustaHog on September 12, 2016, 03:33:32 pm
Nebraska is the one I would love to see on the schedule at some point.  They are a traditional power, but waaaaay down.  You get an easy win and it looks a lot better than it actually was.  I'd love a home and home because that'd be a fun roadtrip.  I'd settle for the neutral site arse whipping though.  OU and Okie St. are the way too obvious matchups.  I'd take a game vs. Illinois (on their way up with Lovie) in Soldier Field.  There'd be a ton of logistics there to work out, but that'd be an eye opener nationally due to the venue.  N'western in their stead would do fine too.  It makes sense because CBB is from Illinois and would have some good storylines with him going back home to face a B1G team. 

Okie St keeps scheduling home and homes with programs like CMU (which is not only odd, but really didn't work out for them). What I don't know is if this means they're fine with continuing to play those level of schools to have a softer schedule, or if they're scheduling home and homes with them because they can't get anyone else on the schedule and they'd jump at the chance to put an SEC school on the calendar.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Hogtimes

Quote from: Smokehouse on September 12, 2016, 05:29:40 pm
Okie St keeps scheduling home and homes with programs like CMU (which is not only odd, but really didn't work out for them). What I don't know is if this means they're fine with continuing to play those level of schools to have a softer schedule, or if they're scheduling home and homes with them because they can't get anyone else on the schedule and they'd jump at the chance to put an SEC school on the calendar.

Those games like CMU you speak of have been two for one games....not home and home.

JayBell

They'll probably have to look outside of the Power 5, especially if they want to set up another home-and-home.  I say go big.  Boise State is always desperate for someone to give them a chance.  Houston and BYU likely have space in their schedules.

Temple, South Florida, Cincinnati, San Diego State, Arkansas State.....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on September 12, 2016, 05:07:19 pm
Most everyone has dates for 2017 already. Long will need to find a good looking, money hungry, ho that wants to be seen on the dance floor to break her date. But it's going to cost him. 

ho's always do cost...................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

alohawg

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 12, 2016, 04:50:29 pm
I want no part of Louisville while Jackson is there.

Yep, don't need anymore reasons to not like BP.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on September 12, 2016, 05:02:33 pm
Georgia Tech for recruiting purposes in a very fertile ATLANTA!!

I'd kinda like to see what our defense could do against the triple option.
This is my non-signature signature.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Boardon Hamsay

Last I heard, there wasn't a whole lot of P5 schools with available slots. Kansas and Syracuse and maybe BYU were the best that had room. I'd be good with any of those. Wouldn't mind playing Akransas either.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: flagstaffhog on September 12, 2016, 08:29:46 pm
I think Az St or Az would be perfect.

Go HOGS Go!

ASU...you bet. Home & home with the uh, yeah, Sun Devils. But only if they bring out the "Curtain of Distraction".
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Murr

HogCzar1

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Captain Morgan on September 12, 2016, 02:58:40 pm
Wrong. Sankey said since Michigan left us with short notice the requirement is waved.

Pigsknuckles

Many of us old farts still think Okie State would be a great OOC game.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on September 12, 2016, 10:48:32 pm
Many of us old farts still think Okie State would be a great OOC game.
I could get behind that. A home and home sounds like fun.

tannerstahl

Quote from: JayBell on September 12, 2016, 07:57:30 pm
They'll probably have to look outside of the Power 5, especially if they want to set up another home-and-home.  I say go big.  Boise State is always desperate for someone to give them a chance.  Houston and BYU likely have space in their schedules.

Temple, South Florida, Cincinnati, San Diego State, Arkansas State.....

Did you just say Arkansas state...?! 😳😳

Btw, jay bell is one of my favorite baseball players of all time 👍🏻
i love the hogs....so very very much