Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ellis, Sprinkle, and Wise to be the student-athletes at the SEC Media Days.

Started by ricepig, July 06, 2016, 02:04:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Bacon_Bitz

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on July 06, 2016, 03:49:29 pm
Good picks. I thought Morgan or Skipper might get the nod.
I'm glad Skipper isn't going. (and it's for a good reason)  He's way to valuable here in town.  During this no contact period with the coaching staff, Dan has taken over the OLine.  He's a great leader and this young line looks to him for guidance.  He's come so far in his time here on and of the field. I believe he will rewarded with a great senior campaign and I'm excited to see it start.  As far as Jeremy, Brooks, and Deatrich are concerned, that's three high talent/high class young men representing the program in Hoover. Dan and Drew fit that mold as well.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Hog-Corleone

I noticed Alabama did not sent Cam Robinson or Hootie Jones. 

Probably because there will be AC there....
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Only 3 schools out of 14 are sending a QB.  Seems low to me.  Could this dearth of upper classmen or lack of name QBs signal a "down" year for the SEC.

I looked back at the past 3 years and here are the # of QBs attending by year.

2015 - 5
2014 - 5
2013 - 9
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

LRHawg

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on July 06, 2016, 05:12:52 pm

Haha, you win  ;D

bennyl08

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 06, 2016, 06:03:31 pm
Only 3 schools out of 14 are sending a QB.  Seems low to me.  Could this dearth of upper classmen or lack of name QBs signal a "down" year for the SEC.

2015 - 5
2014 - 5
2013 - 9

SEC isn't known for having a dearth of talent at the QB position.

2010: 6 players passed for over 2500 yards, 3, arguably 4 were big names.
2011: 3 players over 2500, 2 of them were new starters.
2012: 9 players over 2500, with 4 over 3000, and 3 of them over 3500. 2 were new to the scene.
2013: 5 players over 2500, all over 3000 with manziel topping 4k.
2014: 7 players over 2500, 4 over 3k, only about 2 of them known from before.
2015: 4 players over 2500, all over 3k. 
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

supersaint

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on July 06, 2016, 05:12:52 pm

Gold
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: bennyl08 on July 06, 2016, 07:44:35 pm
SEC isn't known for having a dearth of talent at the QB position.

2010: 6 players passed for over 2500 yards, 3, arguably 4 were big names.
2011: 3 players over 2500, 2 of them were new starters.
2012: 9 players over 2500, with 4 over 3000, and 3 of them over 3500. 2 were new to the scene.
2013: 5 players over 2500, all over 3000 with manziel topping 4k.
2014: 7 players over 2500, 4 over 3k, only about 2 of them known from before.
2015: 4 players over 2500, all over 3k. 

One, I did not say dearth of talent, only lack of upperclassmen or name QBs that are going to media days since the coaches are only taking 3.

One thing that is interesting is that there is a slight correlation between the numbers you posted and the # of QBs making media days the next year.

2012 seemed to be the peak year of SEC QB performance with 9 topping your numbers.

2013 coaches took 9 QBs to media days.

As that number has declined so has the number making media days.

2015 is the low point with only 4 being over that number and for 2016 media days only 3 QBs are making the trip.

The talent may very well still be there but the experience across the league is lacking. I'm sure some will surprise but the overall lack of QB experience could also mean the league as a whole may not be as strong this year as in past years. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

longpig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 06, 2016, 06:03:31 pm

2015 - 5
2014 - 5
2013 - 9

Last year was expected to be a down year for QB performance in the SEC, too. 
Don't be scared, be smart.