E  Billy Ray Smith, Jr. 50 22 72
1980 T  Richard Richardson, So. 40 48 88
1979 LB Mike Massey, Sr. 46 38 84
LB Teddy Morris, So. 59 25 84

Torqued pork

SoCal Hog

Ronnie Caveness, Cliff Powell, Larry Jackson, Caleb Miller

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

bphi11ips

Dennis Winston, Leotis Harris, Greg Koch, R.C Thielman, Dan Hampton,  Tony Cherico, Scott Bull, Chuck Dicus, Dickey Morton
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

k.c.hawg

Bill Montgomery, Bill Burnett, Bruce Maxwell, Mike Reppond, Joe Ferguson, Ben Cowins, Gary Anderson, Brad Taylor, Bobby Duckworth, Michael Forrest, Ike Forte, Donnie Bobo, Bo Busby, Jon Richardson, Steve Korte, Freddie Douglas, Roland Sales
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Inhogswetrust

Heck that's not old.......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Jackrabbit Hog

John Eichler, Ronnie South, Gordon Norwood, Hartford Hamilton, Mike Saint, John Rees, Terry Stewart, Glen Ray Hines, Mike Boschetti, Jerry Moore
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

bphi11ips

Jackrabbit Hog

I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

k.c.hawg

Pat Summerall, Bill McClard, Steve Little. Gotta have some kickers.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Hog_Swanson

Is there a reason for this? ??? ??? ???
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

k.c.hawg

June 23, 2016, 03:29:06 pm #11 Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 03:42:38 pm by k.c.hawg
Quote from: Hog_Swanson on June 23, 2016, 03:27:27 pm
Is there a reason for this? ??? ??? ???

Boredom. Looks like it started with listing players with unassisted and assisted tackles with total tackles for a season.

cosmodrum

I thought I posted in this. Must have been deleted.
Go away, batin'

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 23, 2016, 03:14:44 pm
Dean Garrett

His brother Wade was a badazz cooler in Roadhouse.

bphi11ips

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on June 23, 2016, 03:41:04 pm

Don't think so.  He was my father-in-law, though.  Had paws a grizzly would be proud of.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 23, 2016, 03:56:26 pm
Don't think so.  He was my father-in-law, though.  Had paws a grizzly would be proud of.

Sorry you missed the joke.  This should help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMDdy2gfCfM

Ted77

1972-74 G Tom Reed  Team Captain, All SWC, All American, Drafted by Atlanta Falcons and played 2 seasons

bphi11ips

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on June 23, 2016, 04:00:12 pm
Sorry you missed the joke.  This should help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMDdy2gfCfM

I got the joke.  Forgive the deadpan response.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on June 23, 2016, 03:41:04 pm

Right up until the point he got stabbed and died...............

26.2Hog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 23, 2016, 02:58:18 pm
John Eichler, Ronnie South, Gordon Norwood, Hartford Hamilton, Mike Saint, John Rees, Terry Stewart, Glen Ray Hines, Mike Boschetti, Jerry Moore

Hartford Hamilton.  The best Doctor of Veterinary Medicine you will find. The least expensive too. Been using him for 40 years.

And let's not forget Bambi.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 26.2Hog on June 23, 2016, 05:14:28 pm
Hartford Hamilton.  The best Doctor of Veterinary Medicine you will find. The least expensive too. Been using him for 40 years.

For the youngsters on here Bambi is Lance Alworth.

bphi11ips

Muscles Campbell and Clyde Scott

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: 26.2Hog on June 23, 2016, 05:14:28 pm

Hartford was my hero as a little kid because he was from my home town and his family went to our little church.  Quiet, thoughtful guy, but he was a beast on the field.  His daddy, Ray, was a Hog too, playing alongside Jim Benton to form the best pass catching ends in the SWC back in the late '30s.  (No, I don't remember Ray's playing days)

GuvHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 23, 2016, 05:33:50 pm
Hartford was my hero as a little kid because he was from my home town and his family went to our little church.  Quiet, thoughtful guy, but he was a beast on the field.  His daddy, Ray, was a Hog too, playing alongside Jim Benton to form the best pass catching ends in the SWC back in the late '30s.  (No, I don't remember Ray's playing days)

I had the sad duty of laying Jim Benton to rest. He was very well thought of and had a huge funeral.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on June 23, 2016, 06:02:50 pm
I had the sad duty of laying Jim Benton to rest. He was very well thought of and had a huge funeral.

Same with Ray.  Sadly, in his last few years he had dementia and wasn't able to be around people much, but until he was in his mid '70s he was a fixture at Lonoke football practices and at games.  When he was still in his 60s, one of his favorite things to do was to challenge whoever was the fastest player at the time to a 40 yard dash.  More times than not he'd beat the player.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 23, 2016, 05:27:26 pm
Muscles Campbell and Clyde Scott

That's Clyde "Smackover" Scott to us mere mortals..................

oldhawg

Jackrabbit Hog

Gerald Skinner, Max Peacock, Jim Hodge, Quentin Caver, Ivan Jordan, Doug Yoder.

PonderinHog

No Dick Bumpas or Rodney Brand ???

LB15QB

Andy Bolton
Nick Avlos
Matt Morrison
Barry Campbell
Arthur Lucky
Donnie Prince
Mark Miller
Mike Burlingame
JR Ross
Larry Brown
Kenny McCullough
Ronnie Collins
John Sutton
Archie Bennett
Brad Sheffield
Mike Arthur
Chris Warren
Donny Bobo
Allen Petray
Houston Nutt
Bama
Steve Elliott
Larry Cope
Douglas Yoder
Harvey Hampton
Johnnie Meadors
Ronnie Wren
Danny Armstrong
Tommy Harris
Brad Thomas
William Watkins
Walter Nelson
Mike Reppond
Jim Long
John Sutton
Stan Audas
Billy Burns
Danny Rhoades
Marsh White
Mike Kirkland
Steve Hedgepeth
Dean Webber
John Taylor

Razorbacks#1

Steve Cox, former Razorback, with a stint in the NFL, lived in Jonesboro, where I met him when working at Lowes. Awesome guy.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ricepig

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on June 29, 2016, 07:16:17 pm
Steve Cox, former Razorback, with a stint in the NFL, lived in Jonesboro, where I met him when working at Lowes. Awesome guy.

Still does, he's a hoot.

3Scoreand10

Reggie Freeman
1978 Orange Bowl MVP

Bacons Rebellion

Geno Mazzanti
Don Christian
Dave Hanner
George Walker
Preston Carpenter
Ronnie Underwood
Joe Paul Alberty
Marlin Epp
George Bequette
Donnie Stone
Walter Nelson
Floyd Sagely
Jim Rhinehart

FANONTHEHILL

Kody Walker! Oh wait he's not old school, he's just old!
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

greenie

Wait...did someone say Arthur Lucky?
This can't be the same Arthur I know from McGehee. Great guy. Great family. He'd get a kick out of being mentioned here.

lwillin

Steve Atwater, Kenny Hamlin, Martine Bercher, Ken Hatfield, Kevin Scanlon, Ron Calcagni

bphi11ips

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on June 29, 2016, 08:00:39 pm
Geno Mazzanti
Don Christian
Dave Hanner
George Walker
Preston Carpenter
Ronnie Underwood
Joe Paul Alberty
Marlin Epp
George Bequette
Donnie Stone
Walter Nelson
Floyd Sagely
Jim Rhinehart

Dang.  That's a pretty good list.

Don Christian had a son named Drew who was a pretty good QB himself as a youngster in LR. 

I was in love with Ronnie Underwood's daughter, Lee Anne, in about the first grade.  We were in Ms. Pritchett's class at Williams Elementary. 

bphi11ips

Has anyone mentioned "The Toe", Mickey Cissell? 

ricepig

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

TOM "tbw1"

Arkansas was never behind on the scoreboard when Muscles Campbell was in the game.

Always remember The Thumper
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

bolo

R.I.P OTR
R.I.P PRJ
2023 March Maddest Champion with a little help from my friends

DeltaBoy

This is my oldest HOG shirt.

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SamBuckhart

Steve Korte, Tom Mabry and Rick Kersey
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Inhogswetrust

Just a thought I had because of this thread title. I wonder who is the oldest living former Hog football player?

rowdyhog

Johnny Cole
Billy Kyser
Billy Joe Moody
Terry Hopkins

bolo

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 04, 2016, 02:50:12 pm
Just a thought I had because of this thread title. I wonder who is the oldest living former Hog football player?
barry switzer? just a guess
R.I.P OTR
R.I.P PRJ
2023 March Maddest Champion with a little help from my friends

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bolo on July 07, 2016, 04:31:18 pm
barry switzer? just a guess

I think he's already embalmed........................just still walking or should I say stumbling around.

Just kidding.