Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

VYPE Playrr of the year D.Whaley

Started by Terryproy, May 19, 2016, 04:30:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogMantheIntruder

"He competed in five different events (100-meters, shot put, long jump, 4X100-meter relay, and 4X200-meter relay), so he was a busy man during track season. He recorded five first-place finishes (four individual and one relay), including four at the Beaumont ISD/YMBL Invite. He also advanced to the 5A Region III track meet. He and his teammates (Dailon Gants, Calen Ragsdale, and Patrick Thomas) finished 10th in the 4X100-meter relay."

I had forgotten how dominant he was in track. What an athlete! I'm already sad about him leaving early for the draft in three years. 
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

AFWarrior83

Watching his highlight video I also seen visions of DMAC coming out of high school. Let's hope he has the same level of success! I don't want to overhype the kid, but he looks like a solid RB prospect, and it seems like he has an awesome family to help keep him headed in the right direction. CBB and his staff have the capability to make him a star, as long as he does his part.
Hogville member since 2005.

The Kig

"He competed in five different events (100-meters, shot put, long jump, 4X100-meter relay, and 4X200-meter relay)..."

Not surprised he excelled in track, especially with his speed.  However, SHOT PUT?  While the required balance, burst and footwork would make sense, usually your shot put guys from the football team are linemen who get the footwork down enough to use their strength/bulk to power the shot. 

Congrats DW!  Can't wait to see you break a big one and take it to the house in a Hog uniform.
Poker Porker