Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

VYPE Playrr of the year D.Whaley

Started by Terryproy, May 19, 2016, 04:30:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Hog_Father

That's awesome Uncle Terry, please tell Devwah congratulations and please give my best to the Family. 🙌🏻🐗

VirginiaHog

Congrats. Well deserved. The Hog Nation was glad to help.

Terryproy

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on May 19, 2016, 04:33:42 pm
That's awesome Uncle Terry, please tell Devwah congratulations and please give my best to the Family. 🙌🏻🐗
will do

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on May 19, 2016, 04:33:42 pm
Under your avatar, .... great quote buddy!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

BornaHog

Happy that he won and Will be glad when he gets to the HILL! I'll make sure I get his autograpgh on a football at fan day too! If you're there, maybe we can meet up and visit, never know, might have to go to the Catfish Hole too!   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

hoglady

Yes - happy for him.
Very deserving.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

LRrazorback

Didn't hv also help Austin Cantrell to a POY win?  There's probably more. Does anyone know?

TrueBlue

Congrats! I have a feeling there are many more awards and accolades to come!!

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: LRrazorback on May 19, 2016, 07:03:06 pm
Didn't hv also help Austin Cantrell to a POY win?  There's probably more. Does anyone know?

Yes and no... We played by the rules and the OK Vype Owner decided to change the rules after the voting was over and give it to another player going to an OK School.

Btw, the voting wasn't even close.... I'm sure someone will come along and further fill in the details but those are the broad strokes.  :razorback:

jjdlc

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on May 19, 2016, 07:07:28 pm
Yes and no... We played by the rules and the OK Vype Owner decided to change the rules after the voting was over and give it to another player going to an OK School.

Btw, the voting wasn't even close.... I'm sure someone will come along and further fill in the details but those are the broad strokes.  :razorback:

That pretty much sums it up, Cantrell won the voting by a landslide, nearly 3 to 1.  At one point they even mysteriously extended the voting, I guess hoping the other guy would catch up.  In the end, they posted some lame excuse about how even though Cantrell won the public vote, he wasn't really eligible for the award.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Terryproy on May 19, 2016, 04:30:37 pm
http://vype.com/setx/2016/05/19/beaumont-centrals-devwah-whaley-is-vypes-poy/  :razorback:  :razorback:
I hope he still remembers that when he is SEC Freshman of the Year one year from now
:razorback:

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jjdlc on May 19, 2016, 07:20:24 pm
That pretty much sums it up, Cantrell won the voting by a landslide, nearly 3 to 1.  At one point they even mysteriously extended the voting, I guess hoping the other guy would catch up.  In the end, they posted some lame excuse about how even though Cantrell won the public vote, he wasn't really eligible for the award.
Austin Cantrell - Sr. LB/RB/TE Rolland (People's Choice) (52%, 4,865 Votes)
Jeremy Lewis - Jr. RB Lone Grove (People's Choice) (10%, 948 Votes)
Mason Fine - Jr. QB Locust Grove (10%, 925 Votes)
Dalton Wood - Sr. QB/LB McAlester (8%, 749 Votes)
Blake Summers - Sr. QB Davis (7%, 614 Votes)
Will Sunderland - Sr. FS Midwest City (3%, 260 Votes)
Kyle McLaughlin - Sr. RB/LB Skiatook (3%, 256 Votes)
Will Collins - Sr. QB Lawton MacArthur (3%, 248 Votes)
Michael Anderson - Sr. DE Owasso (2%, 169 Votes)
Grant Martin-Jr. RB Harrah (Wild Card) (2%, 155 Votes)
Mason Farquhar - Sr. QB Union (1%, 125 Votes)
Jace Sternberger - Sr. LB/TE Kingfisher (1%, 63 Votes)
Jalin Barnett - Sr. OL Lawton (0%, 34 Votes)
Total Voters: 9,411

Lewis went to OU instead of arkie so he "won" instead. PATHETIC.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

PORKULATOR

That's awesome Uncle Terry, tell him we're proud he's one of ours and congrats.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Terryproy

Quote from: BornaHog on May 19, 2016, 05:57:53 pm
  Happy that he won and Will be glad when he gets to the HILL! I'll make sure I get his autograpgh on a football at fan day too! If you're there, maybe we can meet up and visit, never know, might have to go to the Catfish Hole too!   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
I'll be up there for sure and I'll shout you out. Catfish Hole is on my list.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

jjdlc

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 19, 2016, 08:12:06 pm
Austin Cantrell - Sr. LB/RB/TE Rolland (People's Choice) (52%, 4,865 Votes)
Jeremy Lewis - Jr. RB Lone Grove (People's Choice) (10%, 948 Votes)
Mason Fine - Jr. QB Locust Grove (10%, 925 Votes)
Dalton Wood - Sr. QB/LB McAlester (8%, 749 Votes)
Blake Summers - Sr. QB Davis (7%, 614 Votes)
Will Sunderland - Sr. FS Midwest City (3%, 260 Votes)
Kyle McLaughlin - Sr. RB/LB Skiatook (3%, 256 Votes)
Will Collins - Sr. QB Lawton MacArthur (3%, 248 Votes)
Michael Anderson - Sr. DE Owasso (2%, 169 Votes)
Grant Martin-Jr. RB Harrah (Wild Card) (2%, 155 Votes)
Mason Farquhar - Sr. QB Union (1%, 125 Votes)
Jace Sternberger - Sr. LB/TE Kingfisher (1%, 63 Votes)
Jalin Barnett - Sr. OL Lawton (0%, 34 Votes)
Total Voters: 9,411

Lewis went to OU instead of arkie so he "won" instead. PATHETIC.

Wow, it was even more lopsided than I remember.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jjdlc on May 19, 2016, 10:08:04 pm
Wow, it was even more lopsided than I remember.
pretty bad move on their part. Classless.

smb

May 20, 2016, 04:58:13 am #22 Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 07:32:30 am by smb
Welcome to the hogs where men become UNCOMMON! Thanks for your family joining the hog family.
GeorgiaHOG

jgphillips3

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: jjdlc on May 19, 2016, 07:20:24 pm

I'd love to see that excuse.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on May 20, 2016, 11:40:13 am
I'd love to see that excuse.
The website still says Cantrell was "The People's Champ".

greenie

This is all similar to the feeling I had when Alex was on his way to Fayetteville.  Exciting!

TDHawgs

WPS!! Congrats Devwah Whaley on winning!!

staffhog

Uncle T, tell Devwah that he gained an additional family when he signed with Hogs and we are all very proud of him.  We can't wait until he puts on those pads and steps out on the field @RRS.  WOOOOOOOOOOOO PIGGGGGGGGG.

Arkamedes

Congratulations, Devwah and family! We do like to support our Hogs! Woo Pig!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

Iwastherein1969

no rush to start this kid...he will be put into situations where the defenses have tired legs and will be able to show his unique talents in open space...no need to make the kid do the hard running between the tackles right now as we have Cody Walker to handle those chores....this young man may not have quite the wiggle that Alex had but neither will this kid get caught from behind as Alex did on occasion...Devwah reminds me of a stronger Felix Jones....this kid has a bright future ahead of him as long as he stays out of CBB's 'dog house' and listens to and abides by Coach Herbert's conditioning regimen....the sky is the limit, young man
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

SamBuckhart

Congratulations, Mr. Whaley. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

ChitownHawg

May 21, 2016, 09:39:41 am #32 Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:55:06 am by ChitownHawg
Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 21, 2016, 01:46:36 am
no rush to start this kid...he will be put into situations where the defenses have tired legs and will be able to show his unique talents in open space...no need to make the kid do the hard running between the tackles right now as we have Cody Walker to handle those chores....this young man may not have quite the wiggle that Alex had but neither will this kid get caught from behind as Alex did on occasion...Devwah reminds me of a stronger Felix Jones....this kid has a bright future ahead of him as long as he stays out of CBB's 'dog house' and listens to and abides by Coach Herbert's conditioning regimen....the sky is the limit, young man

I get where you are coming from, but...

I think DW's freshman season is going to be exactly like AC's. Hopefully RWIII can become JWill. I like Kody, but he hasn't proven he can stay on the field. Or juke someone for big gains. When CBB says DW has the potential to be his best back ever then I feel CBB is going to get him on the field early.

Just like RWIII, DW seems to have the family foundation to keep his head on straight. I think he can handle the pressure of being needed early in the season. The good ones usually thrive on that kind of pressure.

Let's get excited!

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 21, 2016, 01:46:36 am
DW reminds me more of DMac. He seems to run angry, and it appears he has similar speed. TJ reminds me a lot of Felix. He has that wiggle and quickness. I could definitely handle another duo like that in the backfield. Wishful thinking, I know, but I think they both have that kind of potential.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Poppa Tart on May 21, 2016, 09:39:33 pm
DW reminds me more of DMac. He seems to run angry, and it appears he has similar speed. TJ reminds me a lot of Felix. He has that wiggle and quickness. I could definitely handle another duo like that in the backfield. Wishful thinking, I know, but I think they both have that kind of potential.

I think Dmac is a pretty good comparison. DW's highlight video shows he isn't going down with a one arm tackle and has incredible balance.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

PorkRinds

Has Devwah decided on a number? Is he going to try to keep 12?  Love this kid. He runs like an animal.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 22, 2016, 07:57:34 am
I think Dmac is a pretty good comparison. DW's highlight video shows he isn't going down with a one arm tackle and has incredible balance.
Agreed. And there's something intangible there as well. It's like every time he runs he fully expects to take it to the house. He seems to will himself through tackles and hits that would bring most running backs down. It's like he just can't accept that he's been tackled. Very reminiscent of DMac. I know the comparison puts a lot on a kid who hasn't played a down of college football, but he's got that "it" factor.

And let's be real, I know it's not popular to say anything positive about fan bases (including our own), but this is Arkansas, and one thing we do know is running backs, and it's just about a consensus among us that he's going to be a great one. I can't wait to watch it unfold.

Is it September yet? 
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

BornaHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 22, 2016, 03:39:35 pm
Has Devwah decided on a number? Is he going to try to keep 12?  Love this kid. He runs like an animal.

If I'm not mistaken, he posted on twitter that he was going to wear #21, but I'm sure Terry will know.   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

Terryproy

bondhue

Congratulations young man.   One of many awards to come.  I'll be on the edge of my seat for his first game as a Hog.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/737399745904291840

QuoteMary and Steven actually dated when they were high schoolers in Beaumont themselves, but Mary called off the relationship when she thought it was interfering with her prolific track career.

"He was a senior; I was a sophomore," Mary recalled. "My coach said I needed to stay focused."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

SEC intriguing freshmen: Arkansas Razorbacks

QuoteRB Devwah Whaley

Whaley, the No. 6 running back in the 2016 recruiting class, is a summer enrollee but has a chance for early playing time... Whaley, whom Bielema called one of the most impressive running backs he signed in his career, has a good chance to be an instant-impact player.

McTelvin "Sosa" Agim is also featured
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

JaxFlaRazorback

Quote from: BornaHog on May 22, 2016, 08:37:59 pm
  If I'm not mistaken, he posted on twitter that he was going to wear #21, but I'm sure Terry will know.   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Number 21 has a great history.  Most notable to me was "Lighthorse" Harry Jones racing with blazing speed on sweep plays.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/751150495788662789

QuoteWhaley, from Beaumont, Texas, was one of the most highly-recruited running backs in the recruiting class of 2016, choosing to play at Arkansas over offers from the likes of Alabama, Georgia, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Texas, among many others. With record setter Alex Collins now playing for the Seattle Seahawks, Whaley will have every opportunity to be Arkansas' top rusher as a true freshman. He'll compete with Rawleigh Williams III and Kody Walker for that title, and there's little doubt that Whaley has the most upside among the three.

In each of Bret Bielema's 10 seasons as a head coach — seven at Wisconsin and three at Arkansas — he's had a 1,000-yard rusher...

DOGALUM

Doesn't he just look like a great guy?

Already one of my favorite current hogs.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

gmarv

that's awesome news congrats Devwah.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

Hawgzinbowlz

We're ready to watch him do work behind our HOG OL. "GO HOGS"

jgphillips3

I'm thinking he goes for at least 1,300 yards this year.  Looking forward to seeing him running through that "A" for the first time.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jgphillips3 on July 09, 2016, 06:39:37 pm
I'm thinking he goes for at least 1,300 yards this year.  Looking forward to seeing him running through that "A" for the first time.
that would equal Madre Hill's sophmore effort. We get that from Whaley and AA isn't a literal pick-6machine than we will be a 9-10 win team.