Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Well Got the Steelers +4 and went in for a dime. Would always take either team in that series +4.

Not playing any college tonight.
Let's make some waves.

la20688

Quote from: scottagee on September 11, 2014, 05:02:30 pm
Good number on that game.

I agree. I played A State @ +17.5 and was mad because it started at 19.

la20688

Guess I'm going opposite most on NFL tonight. Just think Ravens will sell out to not start out 0-2 at home to division teams. More of a line bet than anything.

Ravens -3.  2u

In college:

N Texas -4  1u

widespreadsooie

Saturday card finalized:

ARK +2
GA So. +21
FL -18.5
OU -20.5
A&M/Rice o71.5

Almost made the cut: ECU +10, WVU +3.5, UGA -6

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: la20688 on September 11, 2014, 06:19:37 pm
I agree. I played A State @ +17.5 and was mad because it started at 19.

One of my Gus gave me 14.5 but I bought that half point.  Had two others that offered 15.
Let's make some waves.

Really gonna suck if Antonio Brown can't return. First drive turnover not a good sign either!
Let's make some waves.

justmakeit2thebcs

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 11, 2014, 08:02:23 pm
Really gonna suck if Antonio Brown can't return. First drive turnover not a good sign either!

Rothlesberger is having issues with the routes and blitz packages, which is rare. 

SPAL

Had an mlb play tonight. Had the nats over the mets... Good to get that streak started again.

arkfanchip

Quote from: arkfanchip on September 10, 2014, 01:46:22 pm
6-7 on the year.
2-0 most confident picks

This week I am going with
UMass plus 17.5 10 units (only bet 10 units 5 times)
South Alabama plus 14.5 1 unit
Tulsa pick 1 unit
La. Tech plus 5 5 units

And although I have never bet on arkansas my most confident pick is arkansas plus 2.5 5 units

La. Tech looks good so far up 42-7. I'm adding a few to my
list

Best bet
UMass +17
Arkansas money line +110

Next tier
South Alabama +14.5
Tulsa pick
Arizona state -14
Indiana -4.5

1 unit leans I played
Note dame -27.5
Baylor -33

onebadrubi

Well that hurt with stealers not even keeping it close. 

Melorock089

Petrino's teams always seem to win the spread during his team at Arkansas from what I remember

la20688

Quote from: Melorock089 on September 11, 2014, 10:30:06 pm
Petrino's teams always seem to win the spread during his team at Arkansas from what I remember
He won the games he was favored in. Pretty sure he never ost a game at Arkansas that he was favored in. However, not sure if he had a great spread record. Might have to do some honework tomorrow.
With that said, I do like Louiville this week. Bobby seems to have some talent to play with up there....and he does know what to do with playmakers.

onebadrubi

Quote from: la20688 on September 11, 2014, 10:51:56 pm
He won the games he was favored in. Pretty sure he never ost a game at Arkansas that he was favored in. However, not sure if he had a great spread record. Might have to do some honework tomorrow.
With that said, I do like Louiville this week. Bobby seems to have some talent to play with up there....and he does know what to do with playmakers.

And he has a great Defensive cordinators with stud defensive players

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 11, 2014, 09:14:49 pm
Rothlesberger is having issues with the routes and blitz packages, which is rare. 

Fumbles didn't help either. Haley is gonna have to throw deep if only to stretch the defense. That dink and dunk is getting receivers blown up.
Let's make some waves.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 11, 2014, 11:05:20 pm
Fumbles didn't help either. Haley is gonna have to throw deep if only to stretch the defense. That dink and dunk is getting receivers blown up.

It's also why he lost his previous coaching gig.  I'm gonna have to have a knock it out of the park weekend now or I may really slow it down for the season

yraciv

I don't have anything locked in yet, but here are my early leans.

Toledo +12
OSU -32
SC +6.5
Purdue +27.5
Rutgers +3
Washington -13.5

jkstock04

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 11, 2014, 10:27:41 pm
Well that hurt with stealers not even keeping it close. 
Yep...they really sucked it up. Not the team they were 3 or 4 years back. I think some of those guys are getting too old or out of their prime.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Tai_Mai_Shu

Quote from: yraciv on September 11, 2014, 11:32:17 pm
I don't have anything locked in yet, but here are my early leans.

Toledo +12
OSU -32
SC +6.5
Purdue +27.5
Rutgers +3
Washington -13.5

I'm curious why you are leaning towards Purdue. The Irish just beat shutout Michigan who is far superior to Purdue. 

yraciv

September 12, 2014, 08:40:00 am #6921 Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 10:12:42 am by yraciv
Quote from: Tai_Mai_Shu on September 12, 2014, 08:19:00 am
I'm curious why you are leaning towards Purdue. The Irish just beat shutout Michigan who is far superior to Purdue. 

Hunch, I'll still be rooting for the Irish. That's a lot of points, Notre Dame is prone to the let down, they only beat them last year by 7, rarely blow them out, and the rivalry is put on hold after this year, so Purdue should be up for it.  Plus it's a neutral site game.

onebadrubi

Quote from: yraciv on September 12, 2014, 08:40:00 am
Hunch, I'll still be rooting for the Irish. That's a lot of points, Notre Dame is prone to the let down, they only beat them last year by 7, rarely blow them out, and the rivalry is put on hold after this year, so Purdue should be a up for it.  Plus it's a neutral site game.

I'd support this if Central michigan didn't just run it between the tackles right down their throat last week.  Golson probably won't play the second half, which would justify taking purdue and the points, but I think Notre dame might still Nichols st purdue. 

yraciv

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 12, 2014, 08:55:09 am
I'd support this if Central michigan didn't just run it between the tackles right down their throat last week.  Golson probably won't play the second half, which would justify taking purdue and the points, but I think Notre dame might still Nichols st purdue. 

Notre Dame is that team I root for, but can see without the homerism.  Let's just say, we'll see and I'd be surprised if if they are covering by half.   This has all the makings of their let down game, and Notre Dame has had tons of those throughout the years.  I have a hard time trusting them at neutral venues, off of big wins.

widespreadsooie

Your last statement is one reason I would lean Purdue too. Public perception of ND right now is real high after that Michigan game, Vegas knows that.

Tai_Mai_Shu

Thanks Guys, not sure if I'm going to bet on that game.

DadVader1

I added New Mexico St. +11 for 1/2 unit, so this is what I've done so far (1/2 unit each on):

Penn St. -3
Louisville -6.5
NIU -10
NM St. +11

I was planning on taking Tulsa as a pick'em, but my line had moved to Tulsa -2, so I passed.

As I mentioned earlier I'm leaning Purdue as well.  For starters Michigan is not "superior" to any d-1 team really.  I'm an Irish fan. Catholic guy and blah blah.

It's a lot of points for a ND/Purdue game period no matter how up or down either team is.

In two weeks the Irish have Stanford. That's the real focus.

Now the Irish may win by 50, but have you noticed that even against a garbage team they never score 60 or 70?

If I bet the game I'm going Purdue but wanting a convincing Irish win.
Let's make some waves.

arkfanchip

Quote from: arkfanchip on September 11, 2014, 10:24:01 pm
La. Tech looks good so far up 42-7. I'm adding a few to my
list

Best bet
UMass +17
Arkansas money line +110

Next tier
South Alabama +14.5
Tulsa pick
Arizona state -14
Indiana -4.5

1 unit leans I played
Note dame -27.5
Baylor -33

I'm adding south Carolina +7. Bought .5 point

arkfanchip

Hawgndaaz

Melorock089

aTm (-29) vs Rice

Sumlin typically has no mercy for the little guy.

SPAL

Sticking with the great american past time again tonight...

Going nats runline +1.5 over the metropolitans

la20688

Wow, just got done looking over all the lines and there are quite a few I like. 8 to be exact. Usually don't like to play that many, but it early so I'm gonna just go with some minimums and hopefully have a little fun.
Thrusday night Ravens put me 1 u up for the year, so here goes:

Duke -14
L-ville -7 2 units
Oregon -43
Iowa St +12
B. College +17. Mobile QB, & USC cross country let down- 2 units
Marshall -21
W Vir +4
Georgia/S.C u59.  Georgia never seems to score much at S.C & if Spurrier get the lead in 2nd half he seems to take the air out of the ball. 2units

Considering N Ill -10
                  La.monroe +31
                  Arizona -15
For late games
Good luck everyone!

widespreadsooie

Quote from: la20688 on September 13, 2014, 01:05:40 am
Wow, just got done looking over all the lines and there are quite a few I like. 8 to be exact. Usually don't like to play that many, but it early so I'm gonna just go with some minimums and hopefully have a little fun.

Duke -14
L-ville -7 2 units
Oregon -43
Iowa St +12
Marshall -21
W Vir +4
Georgia/S.C u59.  Georgia never seems to score much at S.C & if Spurrier get the lead in 2nd half he seems to take the air out of the ball. 2units

Considering N Ill -10
                  La.monroe +31
                  Arizona -15
For late games
Good luck everyone!

Not a bad looking card, if you can grab Zona at 15 I think it's a good number. 18.5 on my book.

arkfanchip

SPAL

September 13, 2014, 08:27:02 am #6937 Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:20:50 am by sir-pigs-a-lot
Playing lite today...

east Carolina +10 for 2 units

Leaning
Uva +5
Rutgers +4

Probably will not pull the trigger

Louisville -6.5 / Dime
Georgia - 5.5 / Dime
Penn ST -3 / 5 units bought hook
UCLA - 6.5 / 5 units bought hook
Vols +21.5 / 5 units
Purdue +29.5 / 5 units
Let's make some waves.

yraciv

September 13, 2014, 10:20:45 am #6939 Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 01:09:47 am by yraciv
3 units:
Arkansas Pk W
Ohio St -31 W

2 Units
Purdue +29.5 W
UCLA -7 L
Washington -13 W

1 Unit
South Carolina +7 W
Rutgers +3.5 W

YTD 15-12, +8 Units

Hogs might win but I don't see how you guys are putting money on them! :)
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

Virginia +5       2 units
Standford -20   1 unit
Rutgers +4.      1 unit
UCLA -9            1 unit

la20688

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 13, 2014, 10:35:06 am
I agree... The Hogs always have always screwed me in the past no matter which way I went. So now that is rule number 1: leave the Hogs alone

la20688

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 13, 2014, 01:17:04 am
Not a bad looking card, if you can grab Zona at 15 I think it's a good number. 18.5 on my book.
Wow, you're right about Zona. It was 15.5 on Thrusday. I put it at 21. Now it's at -20.5. That kinda takes it out of my range. I snoozed on that one.

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

la20688

Quote from: la20688 on September 13, 2014, 01:05:40 am

Duke -14
L-ville -7 2 units
Oregon -43
Iowa St +12
Marshall -21
W Vir +4

Considering N Ill -10
                  La.monroe +31
                  Arizona -15
For late games
Good luck everyone!
Minus 1unit so far, with B.C still to play.

Gonna play a late parlay for 2 units

Nebraska -13
Arizona -20

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 13, 2014, 10:35:06 am

I had the game pegged as an 8-10 point win for the Hogs, I figured the spread would be Arkansas -5 to -7. Anytime I see value in one of my picks like that, I'm jumping on it no matter who it is. But, in ordinary circumstances, I don't bet the hogs.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

hollywood hog

Quote from: yraciv on September 13, 2014, 10:20:45 am
3 units:
Arkansas Pk
Ohio St -31

2 Units
Purdue +29.5
UCLA -7
Washington -13

1 Unit
South Carolina +7
Rutgers +3.5

Nicely done Civ

yraciv

Quote from: hollywood hog on September 13, 2014, 10:59:07 pm
Nicely done Civ

Yep! Last week was a disaster, but that makes 2/3 really strong weeks so far.  Hope I can hold the momentum next week.

SPAL

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 13, 2014, 08:27:02 am
Playing lite today...

east Carolina +10 for 2 units....W

Leaning
Uva +5
Rutgers +4

Probably will not pull the trigger

11-8