Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 08, 2014, 09:52:11 pm
It's not like him to go awol.

If he's had luck like the rest of us then maybe a bookie took care of him

DadVader1

Ha!  Jeff is solid with his bankroll management & discipline.  If anything, a bookie got tired of paying for his vacations. 

SPAL

If I know jeff, he was on the steelers -7 for a nickel ar least.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 08, 2014, 09:42:39 pm
I never saw his picks or heard from him. I even looked at the spam website and didn't see anything.

I talked to him Friday evening, he had some work stuff this weekend and didn't sound too thrilled about anything on Saturday.  But yes very uncommon of him not to holler at one of us to post his picks. He told me he would text me Saturday if anything caught his eye.

StuartDavin

I know they played awful Sunday, but the Chiefs getting 14 in Denver seems a bit much.

WILL CLINTON

Sounds to me that Jeff may have been one of the smart ones and just not put anything down when nothing really grabbed him.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Hawgndaaz

He just told me he had a dime on Tenn and Kentucky, and hit both.

ur

Anyone know why Baylor is off the board on some books?

widespreadsooie

Quote from: scottagee on September 09, 2014, 12:59:31 pm
Tenn didn't cover.

I didn't think so either. Getting them below 15 would have been a hell of a number.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: ur on September 09, 2014, 01:12:43 pm
Anyone know why Baylor is off the board on some books?

I wonder if Petty is starting/playing.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: scottagee on September 09, 2014, 12:59:31 pm
Tenn didn't cover.

Tenn did cover.  Got them at 14. KY covered as well.  I lost a dime on that garbage AZ game. Sorry guys had a short ban. Was justs released from it today.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 09, 2014, 12:23:22 am
If I know jeff, he was on the steelers -7 for a nickel ar least.

Dude I was sitting at a bar waiting for Steeler game and was gonna play them for a dime if I could find at -6. Best I could find was -6.5 and didn't wanna buy it down on a bet that big.  Was kicking myself the first quarter and a half fr not playing it anyway.  Good thing I was only on my 5th beer of the day or I would have bet that damn game.
Let's make some waves.

I played zero pro games and very little in Sat. Just looked like a crap card.  I text Dazz on Zona and Thought I did the other two, but when I looked back I sent those to Mclovin. 

I really haven't looked at this week yet, but looks like some better possibilities.
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 10, 2014, 12:25:27 pm
I played zero pro games and very little in Sat. Just looked like a crap card.  I text Dazz on Zona and Thought I did the other two, but when I looked back I sent those to Mclovin. 

I really haven't looked at this week yet, but looks like some better possibilities.

Good to have you back!

But please sweet baby 7lb 8oz baby jesus, stay out of MMQB!!

You are too smart and condescending for those arguments. I am the same way so I stay out of it.

Also, post the pic of BB and Kingsbury you sent me!

McKdaddy

arkfanchip

September 10, 2014, 01:46:22 pm #6868 Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:37:24 am by arkfanchip
6-7 on the year.
2-0 most confident picks

This week I am going with
UMass plus 17.5 10 units (only bet 10 units 5 times)
South Alabama plus 14.5 1 unit
Tulsa pick 1 unit
La. Tech plus 5 5 units

And although I have never bet on arkansas my most confident pick is arkansas plus 2.5 5 units

DadVader1

I'm still going small for the next week or two.  I'm waiting on a few more rating systems but, so far, I've done 1/2 unit each on:

Penn St. -3
Louisville -6.5

WILL CLINTON

onebadrubi

WNBA is where it's at right now.  Picked up a nickel but that's just covering my arse from taking a beating in this dang FIBA crap.  Got 2 units left in that then I think I'm done. 

Uams +17.5 is tempting.

In looking at Louisville hard as well.  Mizzou was tempting but moved too much for me I think. 

A few others look really good as well.  I think I'll play the steelers again Thursday night along with BYU. 

hawgwild child

La tech +4
Byu game over 51
Ark +3
Miss -27 bought 1/2 pt

OnYourToes

2-2 on the year, didn't have any play week 2 that I laid money on
Up money wise due to plays

Thoughts/Leans/3rd cuts on my board

E Carolina @ Va Tech -11
Miami Ohio +31 @ Mich
Georgia -5.5 @ South Carolina
UL Monroe +31 @ LSU
Kentucky +18 @ Florida
Tenn +20.5 @ Oklahoma
Penn St -3.5 @ Rutgers

Thoughts?
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 10, 2014, 01:18:34 pm
Good to have you back!

But please sweet baby 7lb 8oz baby jesus, stay out of MMQB!!

You are too smart and condescending for those arguments. I am the same way so I stay out of it.

Also, post the pic of BB and Kingsbury you sent me!

Ask and you shall receive.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Let's make some waves.

widespreadsooie

widespreadsooie

Quote from: OnYourToes on September 10, 2014, 03:09:00 pm
2-2 on the year, didn't have any play week 2 that I laid money on
Up money wise due to plays

Thoughts/Leans/3rd cuts on my board

E Carolina @ Va Tech -11
Miami Ohio +31 @ Mich
UL Monroe +31 @ LSU
Kentucky +18 @ Florida
Tenn +20.5 @ Oklahoma
Penn St -3.5 @ Rutgers

Thoughts?

I would leave VT alone after coming off last week's win. ECU played SC well and is probably still thirsty for an upset.

SPAL

I'm on a 9-0 run in MLB. Probably my best sport as a capper...

So I'm throwing this out to see if I can keep the streak alive...

Oakland/ Chicago o8.5

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 10, 2014, 06:52:24 pm
I'm on a 9-0 run in MLB. Probably my best sport as a capper...

So I'm throwing this out to see if I can keep the streak alive...

Oakland/ Chicago o8.5

I can't win a MLB wager if my life depended on it. 

What's everyone doing for the three football games Thursday night?  I liked the steelers when I line opened but I drug my feet and now it's close

SPAL

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 10, 2014, 07:37:38 pm
I can't win a MLB wager if my life depended on it. 

What's everyone doing for the three football games Thursday night?  I liked the steelers when I line opened but I drug my feet and now it's close

I think I lose ever bet involving the steelers

Not playing anything Thursday night as of now. If I could get Steelers +3.5 I would jump all over it. Those games are always decided by 3 or less.
Let's make some waves.

HogFanInBryant

Would someone tell me why I shouldn't totally load up on West VA +3.5 against Maryland?  To me this looks way too good to be true...not sure West VA doesn't win outright by 14 or more.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 10, 2014, 08:15:24 pm
Would someone tell me why I shouldn't totally load up on West VA +3.5 against Maryland?  To me this looks way too good to be true...not sure West VA doesn't win outright by 14 or more.

I've been looking at West Va too, I like the play...not sure if I'll take it though.

onebadrubi

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 10, 2014, 08:15:24 pm

I'm all over that one myself!! 

I can get the steelers at +3.5 for -125

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 10, 2014, 08:31:46 pm
I've been looking at West Va too, I like the play...not sure if I'll take it though.

This has "trap bet" written all over it...kinda like Mizzou last week did but they covered easily.  Who knows?

Teams I am looking at early

Penn ST
USC
Georgia
Purdue
Vols
UCLA
Louisville
Let's make some waves.

mckinneyhog5

Played a $50 parlay taking North Texas -3 1/2, Arkansas +1 and over 66.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

DadVader1

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 10, 2014, 10:43:37 pm
Teams I am looking at early

Penn ST
USC
Georgia
Purdue
Vols
UCLA
Louisville

It's still too early to put much weight in the spreadsheet trends, but they like Penn St. & Louisville.  Most of the ringers at Tigerdroppings (who hit in the 60-70% range) love Georgia.

jkstock04

My favorite spread bets in college this week are:

Hogs +3 @+100 (5 unit bet)
Tennessee +21 (3 unit bet)
A&M -31 (3 unit bet)

I oughta be shot for putting $500 on the Hogs to cover in this game lol, if you would've told me that over the summer (or even 2 weeks ago) id probably had said you were crazy. But I have gone back and watched both of T Techs games this year and am convinced (surprisingly) that they are in even worse shape than we are.....and I think the Hogs get the W. Best way to describe their team is small & slow.  I honestly say this with zero Hogville bias, If you got the +3 or better I think it's one of the best bets of the week.

Also betting the Steelers +3 (3 units).
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hawgndaaz

rant for the day: I am so tired of hearing about Ray Rice on sports radio/tv. I feel like we don't know jack crap about the NFL after week 1 because they refuse to actually talk about the games. All you hear is the drama bull and it is getting old. Last night I went to Fox sports radio, ESPN radio, and ESPN2 radio. All three were rambling on about Ray Rice.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 11, 2014, 08:56:06 am
rant for the day: I am so tired of hearing about Ray Rice on sports radio/tv. I feel like we don't know jack crap about the NFL after week 1 because they refuse to actually talk about the games. All you hear is the drama bull and it is getting old. Last night I went to Fox sports radio, ESPN radio, and ESPN2 radio. All three were rambling on about Ray Rice.

Over/Under on Rice mentioned tonight and the situation?  I say O/U 150

I picked up Steelers at +4.5

I put a little much on Golf again this weekend, hedging against my awful football bets.  So I may not make any huge wagers this weekend, but one would be on Louisville and I think I would take Oklahoma -21.  I think stoops will want to destroy the SEC up and comer.

DadVader1

I added 1/2 unit on Northern Illinois -10, so for now, I'm doing 1/2 unit on the following:

Penn St. -3
Louisville -6.5
NIU -10

I'm looking at New Mexico St. at +11 but haven't pulled the trigger on it.  Most of the action is on UTEP, so I'm hoping to get maybe another 1/2 point or so.

widespreadsooie

McKdaddy

My non-Jeff picks....

UVA  +7  1u
OU  -21  1u
VT  -10  1u

Hawgndaaz

hogs are down to +1.5 and moneyline is -105. I am thinking about playing the ML instead of the spread because I think we win outright either way. thoughts?

OnYourToes

Jeff picked 3 that I had,  good enough for me.

Tenn +20.5 @ Oklahoma
Penn St -3.5 @ Rutgers

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

scottagee

Good number on that game.

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 10, 2014, 12:20:06 pm
Tenn did cover.  Got them at 14. KY covered as well.  I lost a dime on that garbage AZ game. Sorry guys had a short ban. Was justs released from it today.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 11, 2014, 02:58:29 pm
My non-Jeff picks....

UVA  +7  1u
OU  -21  1u
VT  -10  1u

I would lean with you on OU, but VT just had a big win last week so be careful of a letdown this week, especially with ECU playing so well last week against SC.

McKdaddy

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 11, 2014, 05:30:35 pm
I would lean with you on OU, but VT just had a big win last week so be careful of a letdown this week, especially with ECU playing so well last week against SC.

I feel the same way regarding VT, Will. I'm trailing Phil Steele on this one or wouldn't have picked it myself.

onebadrubi

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 11, 2014, 05:30:35 pm

VT showed they have a pretty good defense, one that I do not believe USC does.