Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret Bielema is NOT the problem!!!

Started by Hoggle, November 05, 2017, 06:01:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

draftkings33

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 07, 2017, 09:26:39 am
I didn't know fans are paid to make these decisions.  When do we get our checks?

I never thought it was a good idea.  In fact, I said from the time Long hired John L. Smith that he had self-imposed the death penalty on Arkansas football.  Guess what?
I know several who thought John L Smith was the biggest joke ever when he was hired and several who didn't like the BB hire.  What I always said if you lose 3 games in the Big10(weakest it had ever been) with Russell Wilson you are always gonna lose more than 3 games a year at Arkansas.  Always

farmhawg

Quote from: draftkings33 on November 07, 2017, 09:20:07 am
Jimmy Dykes the worst hire of all time
Yep, but some of 5he experts on here was touting him as th3 next men's coach.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

longtimeHogfan

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

hoglady

Quote from: elksnort on November 05, 2017, 06:17:13 pm
At the time I think most of us thought it was a good hire. 

Most of us do what most fans do - pray it's a good hire and hope for the best.
Every new coach deserves support until they show they don't.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Grizzlyfan

Funny I could have sworn Bret Bielema was coaching the team.  Crazy me.

KennyForAD

Quote from: MartinGit on November 05, 2017, 06:37:19 pm
Wow!! Thanks for that - I don't think anyone on this board has ever expressed that before

Who are you, the thought police?   Or just another Jeff Long Flunkie?

1highhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 05, 2017, 07:37:38 pm
Wrong.Mike has the basketball program in great shape.took the refs to keep him from beating the national champion UNC in the NCAA. it's one of the few good things Long has done. nice try Anderson hater.

Anderson has had 1 good year in how many FCJ?

BigK_HogHeaven

I'm calling BS on most people who say they KNEW Bielema was a bad hire at the time.  Easy to say now...

code red

Quote from: Sundog on November 05, 2017, 06:28:08 pm
Speak for yourself, fella.
Agreed.  Living in Mizzou country I asked several friends how they thought CBB fit at Arkansas.  None of them understood it....I didn't understand it either.  Arkansas only wins when we outscore folks.  Our defense has never been good enough to run smash mouth football.  Especially in the best division of college football in the nation.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 07, 2017, 11:11:28 am
I'm calling BS on most people who say they KNEW Bielema was a bad hire at the time.  Easy to say now...

There were some, but they were few.  And most were just hungover from the Petrino firing.

I thought the hire was a home run.  I missed that call; the ball hooked in front of the foul pole.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

1highhog

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 07, 2017, 11:11:28 am

You are new on here.  I remember quite a few people not liking the hire when it was made.