Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benintendi update

Started by GolfNut57, May 17, 2016, 12:01:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

The Red Sox have promoted OF prospect Andrew Benintendi to Double-A Portland.
At the time of his call-up, Benintendi was second in the Carolina League with 32 RBI and fourth in batting average (.341). The 21-year-old has done nothing but hit since joining the Red Sox organization as a first-round pick in 2015. In 88 minor league appearances he's hit .324 with 18 steals and a .559 slugging percentage. Benintendi is MLB.com's 22nd-ranked prospect.
Source: Boston Globe

Thought some here might be interested.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

clutch

Saw the other day on MLB network where he was one name that kept popping up as a possible trade piece.

GolfNut57

The Red Sox expect him to be a major talent down the road so the only way he will be involved in a trade is if he is part of a deal to get a #1 or 2 quality starting pitcher. Right now their outfield is pretty well set up with youth with Bradley and Betts and if Castillo learns to hit consistently the trio will be around for the next 3-4 years. Of course if Castillo keeps struggling Boston may send him down the road in a trade deal and just stick with Holt in LF for 2016. No way will Benintendi be ready to join a major league roster this year though. In fact I expect he will at best, start 2017 in AAA ball at Pawtucket. Who knows though, he may be Bostons version of Mike Trout in a couple years.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

lefty08

Benny could very well find himself in the bigs later this year. Not sure why you think that he wouldn't be ready. It all hinges on what he does in AA. If he continues to hit there, he is ready for whatever they throw at him. It wouldn't be a miracle or something we have never seen before
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

GolfNut57

http://m.redsox.mlb.com/news/article/193108364/red-sox-prospect-andrew-benitendi-in-the-show/

Well Lefty. I guess we are going to find out if he is ready. Apparently the Red Sox are promoting him up to the big show. Personally I think they are rushing the kid. After hitting .341 in single A he was down to hitting .295 in Double A ball.

Dropkick

Quote from: GolfNut57 on August 02, 2016, 12:26:08 am
http://m.redsox.mlb.com/news/article/193108364/red-sox-prospect-andrew-benitendi-in-the-show/

Well Lefty. I guess we are going to find out if he is ready. Apparently the Red Sox are promoting him up to the big show. Personally I think they are rushing the kid. After hitting .341 in single A he was down to hitting .295 in Double A ball.
In the middle of a pennant race no less. Hope he is up to the challenge.

GolfNut57

He came in and pinch batted tonight in the seventh vs the M's and hit weak groundout to second to end the inning then took over in LF for rest of the game. Struck out in the ninth on three pitches to end the game. He is scheduled to start the Wed night game in LF.

GolfNut57

Well the kid got his first and second base hits of his major league career last night as he went 2-3 at the plate with 2 singles. He is 2-5 on his young season total.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on August 04, 2016, 08:16:24 am
Well the kid got his first and second base hits of his major league career last night as he went 2-3 at the plate with 2 singles. He is 2-5 on his young season total.

He should retire today as a career .400 hitter.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Steve Spurrier, Florida football coach, telling Gator fans that a fire at Auburn's football dorm had destroyed 20 books: "But the real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet." (1991)