Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Daniels back on the market

Started by Airforcehawg, September 26, 2017, 08:29:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Airforcehawg

I know our guys made a strong push for him late in the process...will be interesting if they go after him again. 

https://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2017/9/25/16364368/texas-dt-chris-daniels-transferring-from-the-program

RazorPiggie

Ham Ham Pigelow

There's a reason why Arkansas backed off in the first place.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Ham Ham Pigelow on September 26, 2017, 09:10:29 am

We went after him pretty hard at the end?

outlawhogeywells

If he can contribute then you still take him.  I don't think we are in the position to turn down talented players. 

King Kong

jackflash

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Ham Ham Pigelow on September 26, 2017, 09:10:29 am

I believe that Daniels didn't qualify until right before NSD. We put a full court press on him and sent like the entire defensive staff down to see him.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 26, 2017, 10:54:30 am
I believe that Daniels didn't qualify until right before NSD. We put a full court press on him and sent like the entire defensive staff down to see him.

Your correct. 

HardingHog

I'd take him. We can never have enough big, talented d linemen. When would he be eligible to play?

Ham Ham Pigelow

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 26, 2017, 10:54:30 am
Quote from: East TN HAWG on September 26, 2017, 11:24:34 am
Correct, but the staff wouldn't touch him because they didn't think he would qualify. They ultimately took a chance because, well, this staff knew they were under pressure to win quickly.  They did the same with Brandon Martin, who is who everybody thought he was.  So I got the order wrong, but the principle was the same on Daniels.  Daniels had a reputation of being lazy on/off the field. 

hawgmasta

Weren't we pretty much in his top 3 before his decision? You would have to think we're still in it.

greenEGnHAWGS

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a little early for him to be already be ready to transfer?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

HardingHog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on September 27, 2017, 09:33:08 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a little early for him to be already be ready to transfer?

This is his second season there, and he was recruited and signed by the previous staff so it makes sense to see him heading out. I'd also imagine Strong and Herman are rather different coaches to play for

KlubhouseKonnected

He got his feel hurt when Arkansas did not give him a committable offer until he had qualified. Doubt he is going to do an about face now
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Muskliketusk

He'll be a hog an make up for missing out last time.  ::hornsdown::
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

onebadrubi

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on September 27, 2017, 09:33:08 pm

Supposedly Herman and Orlando have really been giving the d line guys strict workouts and they are dropping like flys.  Completely my guess, they are trying to trim them down and get them more pre pared to plat more snaps.  Their brand of football now is going to require a high stamina defense

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: HardingHog on September 27, 2017, 09:41:47 pm
This is his second season there, and he was recruited and signed by the previous staff so it makes sense to see him heading out. I'd also imagine Strong and Herman are rather different coaches to play for

Wow...has it been 2 signing periods already since the Chris Daniels drama?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?