Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did YOU Cry When Bobby Petrino Was Fired?

Started by KennyForAD, October 23, 2017, 10:42:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyForAD

Nope.  No one here, among thousands who care the most, CRIED when Petrino was fired.  Why would you?  Its not like your mother died.   Let me clue you into something:

NEITHER DID JEFF LONG.   

Wake up.  If we can't rid ourselves of that dude, nothing else will matter.

ADavisTheGOAT

Yes, I knew we'd never reach the level of success of '10 and '11 again.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

BrooklynRoss

I most certainly cried when BP was fired and how dare you suggest otherwise.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

KennyForAD

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on October 23, 2017, 10:44:02 pm

Did you CRY?

KennyForAD

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on October 23, 2017, 10:45:52 pm

I doubt it.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hoglady

I didn't cry - but I dang sure had a sick feeling in the bottom of my stomach.

Petrino brought more excitement with him than any coach in a long time.
And that excitement left with him.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

KennyForAD

Watch this grandstanding NOW.   Can you see it NOW?

Hogsolo

The exact same thing I said.   Unfortunately due to my health I predicted I'd never see the Hogs in a New Years 6 bowl again.   Looks like it's coming true only worse than I dared think.

I certainly didn't dream the wreck of year one or this year.   Something is wrong in the football offices.   Would love a little inside insight.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on October 23, 2017, 10:48:43 pm
I threw a party when Petrino was fired.

I cried when we made the mistake of hiring him.

KennyForAD

Why was he crying around the six minute mark?   Would YOU have been crying?  No.  You wouldn't.  HE WASN'T CRYING EITHER.   He is...  a fraud.  Wake the Hell up.

870hogfan

Nope cause he did it to himself. My gosh people worship the guy like he's a God when he's struggling in the ACC....

hoglady

Quote from: KennyForAD on October 23, 2017, 10:50:33 pm
Watch this grandstanding NOW.   Can you see it NOW?

Long sure made a name for himself with that presser.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Hog Milanese

I felt like crying. Stupid mistake. Jeff Long is cancer for this program.

KennyForAD

I know trial lawyers who can cry on demand.  That's what Long was doing, but he's not real good at it.  FAKE.  Totally fake.  Wake the Hell up.

HogRyder

Did not cry, but I have low expectations of seeing a good football team on the hill

Calling All Hogs

I remember when the wreck occurred I realized that if something ever happened to Petrino all of our success would immediately go down the drain. I was grateful he was OK. It never occurred to me that Long would fire him even after the affair surfaced. I was shocked when he did.

KennyForAD

Quote from: hoglady on October 23, 2017, 10:55:45 pm
Long sure made a name for himself with that presser.

Yes he did!  That's all he was trying to do, and it worked with the media and the NCAA power brokers who wanted Petrino out at Arkansas...  Long made himself a star with THEM, and a pariah among coaches.  We CANNOT hire a good coach with that con man at the helm.

WoooPigBrewie

I just hate that Petrino is struggling with the Heisman Trophy winner.

Would really like to see him break through the 9 win barrier.

Must best tough when Boston College (3-4) rushes for 364 yards on your home turf.

He is a good football coach, but his prime is over.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

VirginiaHog

KennyForAD

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on October 23, 2017, 11:02:20 pm

Must best tough when Boston College (3-4) rushes for 364 yards on your home turf.

That ship has sailed.  And it matters not whether Petrino SHOULD have been fired or not.  Jeff Long made the spectacle worse and made matters worse for his coach AND more importantly, for his school, just so he could promote himself.  He LIED about aspects of the situation and PRETENDED to cry so that he could promote himself.   He has been since, and always will be, an AD for whom NO coach with other options will work.   

870hogfan

Quote from: KennyForAD on October 23, 2017, 11:09:23 pm
That ship has sailed.  And it matters not whether Petrino SHOULD have been fired or not.  Jeff Long made the spectacle worse and made matters worse for his coach AND more importantly, for his school, just so he could promote himself.  He LIED about aspects of the situation and PRETENDED to cry so that he could promote himself.   He has been since, and always will be, an AD for whom NO coach with other options will work.

Now get over it and move on.....

KennyForAD

If you can't see it, ask yourself:  Would I have cried on tv when I announced Petrino's firing?    No.  Of course not.  Neither did he.  He was faking.   Its OBVIOUS.   He put his own stature above all else and did everything he could to promote himself in our hour of darkness.  Wake up.

HawgWyld

Cry? Nope. I just felt like Rob Schneider in "The Waterboy."

KennyForAD

Quote from: 870hogfan on October 23, 2017, 11:12:01 pm

Now get over it and move on.....

Wrong!   The problem is still here.  Petrino had to be fired.  He created an intolerable embarrassment to the UofA.  That is NOT the point.  Jeff Long made matters WORSE, even to the point of LYING about the laws governing the situation, and fake crying on TV, just to promote himself.  ALL of the coaches out there know this.  That is why Long is so reluctant to fire BB, despite his plain and COMPLETE incompetence as a football coach.  Long KNOWS he can't hire anyone worth hiring after what he did. 

Wake up.  See reality as it is.

KennyForAD

Quote from: 870hogfan on October 23, 2017, 10:53:13 pm
Nope cause he did it to himself. My gosh people worship the guy like he's a God when he's struggling in the ACC....

-sigh-   YOU HAVE TOTALLY MISSED A POINT THAT COULD NOT BE MORE CLEAR.   Try again.

Tick Hog

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on October 23, 2017, 11:02:20 pm

Funny you think this. Doesn't matter if you like him or not, think he should have been fired or not, that man is a top 5-10 coach and that's not going to change anytime soon.

island hog

Quote from: KennyForAD on October 23, 2017, 11:16:25 pm
Wrong!   The problem is still here.  Petrino had to be fired.  He created an intolerable embarrassment to the UofA.  That is NOT the point.  Jeff Long made matters WORSE, even to the point of LYING about the laws governing the situation, and fake crying on TV, just to promote himself.  ALL of the coaches out there know this.  That is why Long is so reluctant to fire BB, despite his plain and COMPLETE incompetence as a football coach.  Long KNOWS he can't hire anyone worth hiring after what he did. 

Wake up.  See reality as it is.
I guess I'm confused about what Long "did" that would keep a top flight coach from coming to the UA. 

jkstock04

Quote from: island hog on October 23, 2017, 11:31:26 pm
I guess I'm confused about what Long "did" that would keep a top flight coach from coming to the UA. 
I think his point is that while Petrino did have to be fired...Jeff Long purposefully made a huge spectacle about it, lied about timelines of when he knew certain things, and fake cried.

In the end this indeed did propel his career while the football program burned to the ground.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

KennyForAD

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 23, 2017, 11:34:52 pm
I think his point is that while Petrino did have to be fired...Jeff Long purposefully made a huge spectacle about it, lied about timelines of when he knew certain things, and fake cried.

In the end this indeed did propel his career while the football program burned to the ground.

Beautiful!  Right on the money.  Long also LIED THROUGH HIS TEETH about the potential of lawsuits against the UofA if Petrino was not fired.  His lawyers told him that was not the case, but Long was free to lie about it because lawyers don't come out and say their client is lying his ass off...

JEFF LONG IS A SNAKE.  Wake up.

Also, and MOST IMPORTANT, coaches know that Long grandstanded when his coach was in trouble, made matters WORSE for his coach, and his school, so that he could promote himself and no decent coach will EVER work for Long if he has any other choice.

Jeff Long KNOWS this.  That is why he will never fire BB, unless forced, even though BB has plainly demonstrated that he has no clue how to coach football.  Long KNOWS he can't hire a good coach.  His name is MUDD, and deservedly so.

You can take it from me (I KNOW) or you can continue to be a darned fool.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

kp72204

Cry? No. Heavily upset, YES!!!!! Will I live to see SEC Championship. Probably not at football

husker71

bunch of wimps here  "cried when he got fired"  "knew we would never reach the level of success in 10 and 11"  "should never have fired him"    what has this place turned into.  We are 1 hire from being good again and better the 10 and 11"   If we get the right coach in here (and he is out there) and he fits in with the culture here this program could be really good again.  We have the money, we have the facilities, we have the fans and we border talent rich states in Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana and Missouri.  I agree that this hire may be the biggest in a long long time for this program.  I am telling you this is an attractive job for the right guy.  Oh yea get to live in a area others just dream about.  That is why I get angry with people wanting someone like Kiffin.  He would never appreciate this place.  Find someone who is hungry and innovative and appreciates what this job has to offer.  You a--es end your pity party.  I am pissed right now at the direction of our program but I am not going to cry about it. That is all    over and out 

leroyhawg

Ditto, I knew we were headed south but I didn't think it would be worse than Nutt!
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

sickboy

East Clintwood

I didn't cry at the time.

But I would have cried if I'd known how successful Jeffy would be in neutering the football program.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

tlmack

Kenny for da or ad, who are the ncaa power brokers and why on earth would they care if BP stayed or left Arkansas? And talk about reality, Arkansas has never been and will never be a destination job like a Texas or Ohio State. No matter who the AD is the top elite coaches are not coming here.

Torqued pork

I would've cried had I known the Hogs were about to sink to where they are now.

haystack

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 23, 2017, 11:00:25 pm
I remember when the wreck occurred I realized that if something ever happened to Petrino all of our success would immediately go down the drain. I was grateful he was OK. It never occurred to me that Long would fire him even after the affair surfaced. I was shocked when he did.
Anyone that thinks winning should be a goal of a football program was shocked. I got drunk as Hell the day he got fired... I knew the end of us being competitive was likely. Can you see the Alabama AD doing this? Of course not. If this happened in Tuscaloosa...

"Here at the University of Alabama, we're family. Coach Saban is dealing with some personal issues right now, working through some mistakes right now. He's human just like the rest of the Crimson Tide family. We're going to give Coach any time he needs to take to handle this situation with his family, and we're going to be here to support him."

haystack

Quote from: haystack on October 24, 2017, 04:05:05 am
Can you see the Alabama AD doing this?
And as what most would consider a casual fan, I don't know the name of the Alabama AD. As it should be. Many know Long's name, which tells you all you need to know about the firing of CBP.

Hawg414

right.  and no one has yet to figure out why you hang around a razorback message board and pretend to be a fan.  you hate everything about the most success we've had in 25 years.

Pork Twain

No, because I am an adult.  I also agree that after he lied and tried to get a trooper to cover for him, he forced the issue and made it to where he had to be fired.  Funny everyone gets mad at Long, but the anger should be focused on Petrino.  But for his actions, none of this would have ever happened.  You guys sound like a group of BLM protesters that will blame the cop, the DA and the judge, but not the poor criminal.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hoglady

Quote from: Hawg414 on October 24, 2017, 04:18:05 am
right.  and no one has yet to figure out why you hang around a razorback message board and pretend to be a fan.  you hate everything about the most success we've had in 25 years.

Zeke hates Mallett most of all.

Inhogswetrust

Crying over a coach getting fired? Some need to get a grip. Even thinking that is a good question is crazy.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The OTR

I remember the day it happened. I was at Atlantis playing Pai Gow Poker and I was up (not sure how much but quite a bit). I certainly didn't cry.  I got a text, put my phone back in my pocket, and didn't think another thing of it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on October 23, 2017, 10:45:52 pm

Where was this dude when 4 posters thought Jeff was awesome and the rest of us thought it was a dumb move? The reason people are being a-holes about Jeff Long goes all the way back to that point. I'm never an a-hole either way, but even my sunshine pumping ass clearly thought firing CBP was dumb.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

harrisburghog

smb

GeorgiaHOG

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: harrisburghog on October 24, 2017, 07:15:35 am
Petrino did nothing illegal. Here's the link explaining it.

https://ogc.byu.edu/NACUANotes/NACUANote-2012May30.pdf

I don't remember anyone saying he did do anything illegal. Some speculated he might have put the school in danger of a lawsuit.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi