Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Leach is 6-0 and he just made another Woodstock reference in the post game

Started by RedSkiesAtNightHog, October 07, 2017, 10:41:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RebHog

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 14, 2017, 08:40:55 am
My only problem is that he shouldn't have bashed his players like that after the game.....it's okay to say, "they were to eager to buy into the noise" and "they just didn't perform well", but he kinda just bashed his O-line and WR's......that something you should lay into them about at practice......that's something nearly everyone on this board has had a problem with out of Bielema this season, that he blames the players more than the coaches.....and let's face it, it's the coaches job to make sure your team doesn't buy the noise.....that's one of the reasons Saban's teams rarely get upset, he doesn't let them for a moment think they are the #1 team in the land, if you upset 'Bama it's not because Bama isn't play top notch football, it just means the underdog school is playing that much better just for a chance to say, "We beat 'Bama"........unlike what is going to happen tonight in that 'Bama game.......

I am fine with it they got their asses kicked he didn't single out players like our staff is doing he said they all sucked. That being said I don't want a coach that doesn't carry a single tight end on the roster.

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: rzrbcksooie on October 14, 2017, 09:06:54 am
Dumb. He put Washington State in the top 10.  Not many could do the same. Arkansas needs a coach that is smart enough to do something other than try to play power football in the SECW.

Exactly

There's a bunch of fickle girls with short attention spans on this board.  Heaven forbid a coach lose a game and get removed from the short list of elites that are suitable for hire.

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 14, 2017, 09:17:57 am
Wazzou. 1 conference title in it's entire history. And that was with a great coach , Mike Price,  and a super bowl QB, Drew Bledsoe, iirc.

Leach has them doing this with a walk-on 2* QB. Who threw like 7 picks last night. HOW is that on Leach? LMFAO. Damn, Arkansas fans. Ya'll never cease to amaze me.

So, he didn't recruit his roster?? Isn't that the line always used??

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: 100%Razorback on October 14, 2017, 07:02:32 am
I sure hope so. Just blows my mind at the people who want Leach. He's winning games (until last night, where his team got blasted) in a weak Pac-12 conference this year and people are falling all over themselves wanting him. Smh...

Quote from: haystack on October 14, 2017, 08:21:39 am
At least he said they got outcoached...

Sorry, but I had no desire to see him here until AFTER the press conference. The dude is straight up honest, and he sounds like Saban..
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

The NewEra

For those that didn't watch this game last night it was a total and absolute butt kicking.  The WSU O-line looked as bad, if not worse than ours.  I think Cal had something like nine sacks.  The WSU defense was pushed all over the field.  It wasn't even a contest, which the score confirmed.

ChicoHog

Quote from: The Boar War on October 14, 2017, 09:30:08 am
Cal has lost (in the past three weeks) by 10, 21, and 31.  Such a powerhouse.

Nobody is excusing Clemson's loss.  But if we're comparing, one coach has a nc and lost by three on the road and the other is fielding a team of 2 stars in year 6 with a .500 record. 
You kind of make my argument against Leach in your statement about 2 stars.  Leach is a poor recruiter.  Obviously Pullman is a tough place to recruit. But you will never be a top 10 team with a bunch of 2 star players.  We need someone who can recruit and coach.  Leach has done a good job doing more with less.  We need someone who can do more with more.  I know we will never be at Bama or Auburn's level of recruiting but we need to stay in the top 25 at worst in order to compete because our competition in the SEC are mainly in the top 25 also in recruiting. 

ricepig

Quote from: The NewEra on October 14, 2017, 09:39:53 am
For those that didn't watch this game last night it was a total and absolute butt kicking.  The WSU O-line looked as bad, if not worse than ours.  I think Cal had something like nine sacks.  The WSU defense was pushed all over the field.  It wasn't even a contest, which the score confirmed.

So......hire Cal's coach this week, huh??

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: RebHog on October 14, 2017, 09:36:24 am
I am fine with it they got their asses kicked he didn't single out players like our staff is doing he said they all sucked. That being said I don't want a coach that doesn't carry a single tight end on the roster.

I'm more concerned with the coaches overall system than knit picking individual positions. I figure you let him recruit to what he does, and in a wide open passing attack large lumbering receivers don't fit well.  No need in recruiting players that aren't needed (Having half a team full of tight ends certainly doesn't appear to be paying huge dividends currently)

latrops

Quote from: 100%Razorback on October 14, 2017, 07:02:32 am
I sure hope so. Just blows my mind at the people who want Leach. He's winning games (until last night, where his team got blasted) in a weak Pac-12 conference this year and people are falling all over themselves wanting him. Smh...

He wouldn't be my first choice, but he has turned a couple of lousy P5 programs into winners.  Seriously doubt he is on Long's shortlist, but there is some basis for intrigue.

Roaringboar

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 14, 2017, 09:34:50 am
He does that all the time.  Last year after they lost to Boise he said they were playing like a girls softball team.  Personally I thought it was funny but in today's society you should not do that.  He throws his players under the bus all the time.  Still, my main problem with Leach is his style of football.

I don't like his style either, but I just don't think you should throw your players under the bus like that.....not in public anyways.....I mean, yeah they sucked it up, and it's probably because the players did under-estimate Cal, but you shouldn't bash your players......it's one thing to say "We had some O-line problems and our WR's didn't break away to make any plays" and another to blatantly say, "Oh they thought they were big stuff and they're not" and "They just aren't tough"......I just think that's a real weak cup of tea.....sure he said it was the coaches fault, but I watched the game last night and they said going into the game he said he thought his players had a poor week of practice.....he was already prepared to throw them under the bus in case they lost......just not something I want out of our head coach......and I don't think he sounds like Saban at all.......Saban will say the offense or defense needed to step it up, but he doesn't jab and insult them........he gives credit to the other team for winning rather than bash his players for losing......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 14, 2017, 09:40:36 am
You kind of make my argument against Leach in your statement about 2 stars.  Leach is a poor recruiter.  Obviously Pullman is a tough place to recruit. But you will never be a top 10 team with a bunch of 2 star players.  We need someone who can recruit and coach.  Leach has done a good job doing more with less.  We need someone who can do more with more.  I know we will never be at Bama or Auburn's level of recruiting but we need to stay in the top 25 at worst in order to compete because our competition in the SEC are mainly in the top 25 also in recruiting.

Newsflash... the recruiting issue is not going to improve dramatically purely on a coaching hire. Our problem there is demographics and coaches don't change that.   We will always be playing with smaller guns than the better teams in the SEC.

That said coaching is critical. We need someone who coaches up what they get and does things differently.

The Boar War

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on October 14, 2017, 09:50:52 am
Newsflash... the recruiting issue is not going to improve dramatically purely on a coaching hire. Our problem there is demographics and coaches don't change that.   We will always be playing with smaller guns than the better teams in the SEC.

That said coaching is critical. We need someone who coaches up what they get and does things differently.

Until he runs into a team with "Cal" talent.

The NewEra

Quote from: ricepig on October 14, 2017, 09:41:21 am

I can see where you might think that way.  It wouldn't be my suggestion.

HogHomer

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 14, 2017, 09:40:36 am
Problem is even if we were top 25 (let's say 20-25) you are still 9th or 10th in the SEC.

The NewEra

Quote from: HogHomer on October 14, 2017, 10:03:42 am
Problem is even if we were top 25 (let's say 20-25) you are still 9th or 10th in the SEC.

That's where a very good coach makes the difference.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: haystack on October 14, 2017, 08:21:39 am
At least he said they got outcoached...

He didn't blame his kicker or the talent on  his offensive line? 
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

HogHomer

Quote from: The NewEra on October 14, 2017, 10:05:47 am
That's where a very good coach makes the difference.
Yes but that being said we do need a coach that can do more with less. Because in the SEC more often than not we will have less talent than the teams we play in conference

The NewEra

Quote from: HogHomer on October 14, 2017, 10:08:12 am
Yes but that being said we do need a coach that can do more with less. Because in the SEC more often than not we will have less talent than the teams we play in conference

I agree!

David†

Quote from: JOKERHOG on October 14, 2017, 10:06:02 am

He called his team terrible and pathetic.

I think Bret should be fired but If Bret said that hogville would be in an uproar.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: JOKERHOG on October 14, 2017, 10:06:02 am

No, he blamed everybody on the team and the coaching staff. He gave more blame to his players than Bielema has. The difference is, he isn't our HC so everyone looks at it and admires him for being honest in a loss. Bielema does it and everyone attacks him for "throwing the team under the bus".
Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

They lost 1 game so be quiet about how bad they are. We not been winning of in the Top 10 since Bobby was here.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

longpig

Leach out Wilcox in. Over/Under for Wilcox threads is 3.
Don't be scared, be smart.

ricepig

Quote from: The NewEra on October 14, 2017, 09:57:27 am
I can see where you might think that way.  It wouldn't be my suggestion.

It's more the flavor of the day mentality of HV, it won't matter who I would want as a coach, they won't be asking me.

longpig

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 14, 2017, 10:25:22 am
They lost 1 game so be quiet about how bad they are. We not been winning of in the Top 10 since Bobby was here.

Yeh, be quiet.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Karma on October 14, 2017, 09:32:37 am
You said Leach bears no responsibility for the loss. That's crazy. If you want to say Leach is a great coach, has his team overperforming this year, would be great for Arkansas - all that is fine.

But you said a coach of a top 10 team shouldn't be blamed for losing 37-3. That's crazy.

Arkansas is an underdog tonight, not a favorite. Our talent isn't nearly Bama. Let's see if Arkansas gets blown out and Allen throws 7 interceptions if anyone will blame the coaching.
your analogy only makes sense if BAMA is the one who gets blown out and if they throw 7 picks will Bama fans blame Saban or Hurts? They'll blame hurts, because Bama fans arent retarded.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

does he have the success year after year of Leach?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogRealism

Quote from: BILLYBOB on October 14, 2017, 06:57:25 am
Wow! That's a worse asswhippen than we got from South Carolina. Maybe this will quell some of the RIDICULOUS Leach-to-Arkansas talk.

Agreed you end right back where you started in 3 or 4 years...Leach couldn't put together a defense that would be successful in the SEC either

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 14, 2017, 10:55:32 am
does he have the success year after year of Leach?
Don't know, also don't call this year after year of success....

Washington State Cougars (Pac-12 Conference) (2012–present)
2012   Washington State   3–9   1–8   6th (North)         
2013   Washington State   6–7   4–5   T–4th (North)   L New Mexico      
2014   Washington State   3–9   2–7   T–5th (North)         
2015   Washington State   9–4   6–3   3rd (North)   W Sun      
2016   Washington State   8–5   7–2   2nd (North)   L Holiday      
2017   Washington State   6–1   3–1   (North)         
Washington State:   35–35   23–26   

Next1_04

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 14, 2017, 10:25:22 am
We not been winning of in the Top 10 since Bobby was here.

You haven't been winning the English language ever.

David†

pick on the guy with bad grammar. You're a winner and fighter. Good job 👍

HossHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 14, 2017, 09:13:22 am
man, you guys....

THAT TEAM was picked to win 6 games pre-season and it's best recruiting class was like 64th. They were on the road at a team with more talent on the roster. They are a top 10 teanm with all 2 *s. These morons now think Leach sucks. Who are the stubborn reactionaries really?

Who was it really. The 2*s, or teh hall of fame coach. Coach took the blame in the press conference b/c he is a hall of fame coach.
Hold up, so you guys say you want a coach that can recruit, but y'all are begging to get a guy who, if what you say is true, hasn't had a top 50 recruiting class???

Next1_04

Quote from: David† on October 14, 2017, 11:27:47 am
pick on the guy with bad grammar. You're a winner and fighter. Good job 👍

Call it as I see it bud! WPS

Ben

one loss and some of you are putting Leach in as a fraud coach...If it was up to you guys to hire Nick Saban after he lost to UAB or Monroe, we would have missed out
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Tusks

I don't want Cal's coach, I want their AD.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

David†

Quote from: Ben on October 14, 2017, 11:44:05 am
one loss and some of you are putting Leach in as a fraud coach...If it was up to you guys to hire Nick Saban after he lost to UAB or Monroe, we would have missed out

Quote from: ricepig on October 14, 2017, 11:08:01 am
Don't know, also don't call this year after year of success....

Washington State Cougars (Pac-12 Conference) (2012–present)
2012   Washington State   3–9   1–8   6th (North)         
2013   Washington State   6–7   4–5   T–4th (North)   L New Mexico      
2014   Washington State   3–9   2–7   T–5th (North)         
2015   Washington State   9–4   6–3   3rd (North)   W Sun      
2016   Washington State   8–5   7–2   2nd (North)   L Holiday      
2017   Washington State   6–1   3–1   (North)         
Washington State:   35–35   23–26   

Quote from: David† on October 14, 2017, 10:18:38 am

I think Bret should be fired but If Bret said that hogville would be in an uproar.

Roaringboar

Not throwing him under the bus, just facing reality.......he is a good coach, I'll give him that, but he's not an SEC style coach......that air-raid system would crumble underneath almost any SEC defense.......Wazzou hasn't really played a top notch defense this season yet, and Cal had been playing terribly before last night and still came up with a huge win and managed to shut Falk out of the end-zone..........
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

ricepig

Big difference, Nick had already won a NC at LSU.

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 14, 2017, 10:54:29 am
your analogy only makes sense if BAMA is the one who gets blown out and if they throw 7 picks will Bama fans blame Saban or Hurts? They'll blame hurts, because Bama fans arent retarded.
So you think Arkansas has better talent than Bama? Your original point is that you can't blame Leach for a loss when his talent isn't as good as his opponent. Let's see if Bielema gets that excuse tonight.

Albert Swinestein

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 14, 2017, 09:17:57 am
Wazzou. 1 conference title in it's entire history. And that was with a great coach , Mike Price,  and a super bowl QB, Drew Bledsoe, iirc.

Leach has them doing this with a walk-on 2* QB. Who threw like 7 picks last night. HOW is that on Leach? LMFAO. Damn, Arkansas fans. Ya'll never cease to amaze me.

Last Five Coaches at Washington State Winning %:
Mike Leach is the .500.

Washington State Conference Championships in PAC10/12:  4

OneTuskOverTheLine™

He said they believed their own hype and didn't play tough. He said they thought they could just walk out there and look the part and win. You're pretty pathetic though...  ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

David†

2:28 "terrible" 2:58 "pathetic"

Thanks for playing

Boardon Hamsay

Yes. Syracuse HC to be D.C. At least until their next losses. Then, we'll be on to the next guy to win a big game.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

David†

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 14, 2017, 12:17:12 pm
Yes. Syracuse HC to be D.C. At least until their next losses. Then, we'll be on to the next guy to win a big game.

So if by some chance (like .000000000000000000000000001)
Bret wins today will he be the next hot commodity on the board?

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: David† on October 14, 2017, 12:20:55 pm
So if by some chance (like .000000000000000000000000001)
Bret wins today will he be the next hot commodity on the board?

Yes. Especially to Delta and Guv.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

GoHogzzGo

We would be lucky to have mike leach and I doubt he would come anyway. Dude is killing it a Wazzou. Not a traditional top 25 team.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Sweet Feet

Quote from: ricepig on October 14, 2017, 11:53:53 am
Big difference, Nick had already won a NC at LSU.
Not when he lost to UAB at LSU

ricepig

Quote from: Sweet Feet on October 14, 2017, 12:42:24 pm
Not when he lost to UAB at LSU

Ok, I thought he didn't know who Bama lost to his first year there. Yeah, kick the SOB to the curb!

Sweet Feet

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 14, 2017, 11:49:24 am
Not throwing him under the bus, just facing reality.......he is a good coach, I'll give him that, but he's not an SEC style coach......that air-raid system would crumble underneath almost any SEC defense.......Wazzou hasn't really played a top notch defense this season yet, and Cal had been playing terribly before last night and still came up with a huge win and managed to shut Falk out of the end-zone..........
I seem to recall he fared well against Auburn in 2013, the year they went to the national title game. They had 344 yards passing. Even in his two years at Kentucky as an OC they put up some points and won some games.

TNRazorbacker

I think what you are allowed (or excused) to say depends on the equity you've earned with the base.  Bielema hasn't earned any. Leach took an absolute bottom feeder to top 10 in the nation. There's a difference.

woodhog14

Quote from: Sweet Feet on October 14, 2017, 12:52:15 pm
I seem to recall he fared well against Auburn in 2013, the year they went to the national title game. They had 344 yards passing. Even in his two years at Kentucky as an OC they put up some points and won some games.
They still lost to Auburn though. Who cares if he had a "fare showing".