Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who do you want as next coach?

Started by root_hawg, October 07, 2017, 06:28:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgmasta

Quote from: san1981 on October 07, 2017, 06:47:48 pm
Frost will be at Nebraska, Morris at Tennessee and Chip Kelly at UCLA.

Kyle Whittingham at Utah is an interesting name

Whittingham would be gold.

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 07, 2017, 07:06:07 pm
Chip Kelly

How do you know Chip Kelly works with Boosters and I'm tired of NFL guys. We don't recruit the players to play pro style and need to run a college type of offense. This pro style stuff is shown to be a failure under Bielema

rzrbackramsfan

Roaringboar

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on October 07, 2017, 06:31:52 pm
You mean we're allowed to talk about this in this forum now?

I think so, Lanny just started a post saying everyone needed to be fired by January 1st 2018, so I think he's cool with it......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: SemperHawg on October 07, 2017, 06:33:07 pm
What about Matt Campbell at Iowa St?

He's in my top 3.

For me, on coaches we realistically could get it goes 1. Leach 2. Campbell 3. Guy from Purdue 4. Gundy

Roaringboar

Quote from: root_hawg on October 07, 2017, 06:28:37 pm
How about Mike Leach?

The only problem is that, though Leach did do great with Texas Tech and is doing wonderously with Washington State, that's not the SEC. He was in the Big 12 when the Big 12 was still pretty tough, but not SEC tough, and the Pac-12 really isn't that tough of a conferance. Leach is good, but I just don't know if he could turn us into his next Washington State.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

dc10x5555

texas tush hog

Let's face it, Bielema will be here for two more years, like it or not, so give it up.

Qui Gon Jinn

A coach that hires good coordinators and assistants that give us the best chance to win in the SEC.  I don't know who that is yet.  I like the idea of a defensive minded coach that will hire a O Coord that runs an O with a dual threat QB.  Doesn't have to be a true spread style, but we've got to do something different.  I just can't say for sure who that is.  Venables maybe.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Boarsnest

Someone with a fire in their belly to win, can recruit and wants to be the coach at Arkansas. Not some retread that wants a huge paycheck and buyout to sit on his arse!!!

hawgmasta

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 07, 2017, 07:54:00 pm
Let's face it, Bielema will be here for two more years, like it or not, so give it up.

I don't know. . I was thinking he would be as well but now it's looking like we may only win 1-2 more games this year. That's pretty awful and would warrant paying that buyout.

checkraiser88

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: hogfooey on October 07, 2017, 06:44:18 pm
Scott Frost all day, everyday
Absolutely agree! UCF Head Coach and former offensive coordinator at Oregon, young up-and-comer.

RebelliousHog

Young up and comer seems to feel right.  Someone with experience is not coming here. Not Chip for sure. Too many better gigs.

Same for most of the others.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Pigdiana Jones

I want a uptempo spread offense. This slow tempo supposed run but can't run is stupid. Enough is enough.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Captain Morgan on October 07, 2017, 07:46:43 pm
How do you know Chip Kelly works with Boosters and I'm tired of NFL guys. We don't recruit the players to play pro style and need to run a college type of offense. This pro style stuff is shown to be a failure under Bielema
Chip Kelly doesn't run a pro style offense. I'm guessing you don't remember him at Oregon?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

rzrbackramsfan

Our next coach is up 20-10 on the road to a good Oregon team. 

Dr. Starcs

The_Iceman

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 07, 2017, 08:03:18 pm
Art Briles

I hope this is a joke. I'd rather keep Bielema than have a man that condoned rape and sexual assault, and then attacks the victims when they try and come forward.

The_Iceman

October 07, 2017, 09:29:50 pm #71 Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 09:53:14 pm by The_Iceman
Mike Leach. He runs the type of system you have to run when you are at a disadvantaged program.

MDGoHawgs

Quote from: hawgmasta on October 07, 2017, 07:05:53 pm
Whittingham would be gold.

Don't think we could get him. He is Utah (state of) through and through. BYU graduate and Utah coach going East? Don't see it.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Hillary Clinton. She is available.

MDGoHawgs

Quote from: Captain Morgan on October 07, 2017, 07:46:43 pm

What??? I guess you missed Oregon and Marcus Mariota?

Lard

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

bigyellowdog

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 07, 2017, 07:50:41 pm
The only problem is that, though Leach did do great with Texas Tech and is doing wonderously with Washington State, that's not the SEC. He was in the Big 12 when the Big 12 was still pretty tough, but not SEC tough, and the Pac-12 really isn't that tough of a conferance. Leach is good, but I just don't know if he could turn us into his next Washington State.....

Have you watched the SEC recently? It's not the conference you remember.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

GoldCoastHog

Mike MacIntyre at CO, Willie Fritz at Tulane ( formerly at GA Southern)

hview

Go get Doctor Hill. I have no clue as to what kind of foot ball coach he'd be, but surely he'd be better than what we have.

pigmania

We'll probably have to settle for an up and comer. You'd think an SEC West team wouldn't have to settle for an up and comer. If that's what we have to settle for, then maybe the SEC is not for us.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 07, 2017, 07:50:41 pm

He has shown he can turn terrible programs around in a short amount of time. He has built teams up.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hview

Just joking about Doctor Hill, but I like to hear him talk about the issues on the hill. :)

Polecat

Mods said we can't talk about that in this forum until there is an opening. Lmao
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

JaketheSnake

Would Mike Leach actually come here?  If he can get WSU in top12, why would be leave to come here?   But yes, I'd love to have him.

MDGoHawgs

If we are EVER going to get more than the typical 3 star and occasional 4 star guy to Fayetteville we're going to have to do the following: 1.) change the scheme (fast tempo, spread) and 2.) hire a name. Some offensive innovator who's currently an OC somewhere will not get it done. My three guys: Chip Kelly (preferred), Mike Leach (still good) or Kyle Whittingham.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: pigmania on October 07, 2017, 09:43:28 pm
We'll probably have to settle for an up and comer. You'd think an SEC West team wouldn't have to settle for an up and comer. If that's what we have to settle for, then maybe the SEC is not for us.

What do you mean? Besides Saban, Beliema, Jones and maybe Sumlin almost every school in the league has up and comers that are coaching their schools.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hview

Well I hope they do something before the Earle QB leaves for LSU or Baylor.

David†

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: MDGoHawgs on October 07, 2017, 09:47:02 pm
If we are EVER going to get more than the typical 3 star and occasional 4 star guy to Fayetteville we're going to have to do the following: 1.) change the scheme (fast tempo, spread) and 2.) hire a name. Some offensive innovator who's currently an OC somewhere will not get it done. My three guys: Chip Kelly (preferred), Mike Leach (still good) or Kyle Whittingham.

Agreed.  However, I don't see any of those coaches coming here.  We need innovators on both sides of the ball.  I like a faster paced O, but gotta play D.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

BrooklynRoss

I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

V-town Hog

I like Leach. Broke records as Kentucky's OC, Texas connections, just the right kind of crazy.

Hogman2

Someone who believes in a running QB and a passing game!

MDGoHawgs

Quote from: Hogman2 on October 07, 2017, 09:52:56 pm
Someone who believes in a running QB and a passing game!

And someone who isn't tied to the Allen family  :)

MDGoHawgs

sowmonella

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 07, 2017, 07:49:16 pm
He's in my top 3.

For me, on coaches we realistically could get it goes 1. Leach 2. Campbell 3. Guy from Purdue 4. Gundy

Might add the Easter Bunny as well. Same probability as 1-4. Maybe in 2019 there will be a change.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

fullfan

Tusks

Go for Leach and if you can't get Leach then get Norvell.  Norvell is a younger Leach as far as a football mind goes.  I'd go after Norvell first but I get the appeal of Leach.

If its Norvell then give him money to hire a top 10 defensive coordinator and don't stop until you get one.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit