Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Now you see what Mike Anderson has been up against. other teams buying players

Started by forrest city joe, February 23, 2018, 10:26:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 27, 2018, 12:47:50 pm
Because I'm a Hog fan and sports fan in general.  Hopefully, this will help level the playing field a little bit and let the honest guys, like Mike, actually compete with their abilities, instead of guys who would normally come to Arkansas being bought by a shoe company and sent to Miss St.

Guys who would normally come to Arkansas? So we will still be sitting waiting on the state to produce an exceptional player or players. I want a coach that can go where the players are and get them.

If people are sitting around thinking that any Arkansas Razorback team, in any sport, is going to be built on instate talent they are going to be waiting a long long time to win anything of importance.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

steveaustin69

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 27, 2018, 12:47:50 pm
Because I'm a Hog fan and sports fan in general.  Hopefully, this will help level the playing field a little bit and let the honest guys, like Mike, actually compete with their abilities, instead of guys who would normally come to Arkansas being bought by a shoe company and sent to Miss St.

When have we let serious in state talent go to Mississippi State?  Maybe I'm forgetting someone obvious but that seems an odd team to pick.

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogsanity on February 27, 2018, 01:10:40 pm
Guys who would normally come to Arkansas? So we will still be sitting waiting on the state to produce an exceptional player or players. I want a coach that can go where the players are and get them.

If people are sitting around thinking that any Arkansas Razorback team, in any sport, is going to be built on instate talent they are going to be waiting a long long time to win anything of importance.

It is my opinion that if not for them being paid by external sources, Monk, Allen, and Perry would be at Arkansas.  I'm not a big fan of Allen, as everyone probably knows by now, but I think Monk and especially Perry would've really helped our program on the court.

The Hogfather

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 27, 2018, 01:20:50 pm
When have we let serious in state talent go to Mississippi State?  Maybe I'm forgetting someone obvious but that seems an odd team to pick.

Reggie Perry would be at Arkansas if not for being paid by external sources to go to Miss State.

steveaustin69

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 27, 2018, 01:33:52 pm
Reggie Perry would be at Arkansas if not for being paid by external sources to go to Miss State.

His dad played at MSU. He's from Georgia. Is every kid that decommits getting paid?

Maybe he did get paid. You or I don't know if he did or not.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

FineAsSwine

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 27, 2018, 01:42:27 pm
His dad played at MSU. He's from Georgia. Is every kid that decommits getting paid?

Did you read the love letter that Reggie Perry wrote to Razorback Basketball when he committed to the Hogs? Something definitely stinks about that turnaround.

steveaustin69

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 27, 2018, 01:47:34 pm
Did you read the love letter that Reggie Perry wrote to Razorback Basketball when he committed to the Hogs? Something definitely stinks about that turnaround.

I did not.

It doesn't really matter if it stunk if him, MSU, or Howland aren't implicated in anything. We'll see when all this FBI stuff ravels out.

Isn't MSU an Addidas school, though?  ;)

The Hogfather

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 27, 2018, 01:42:27 pm

OMG.  Guys like you crack me up.

The Hogfather

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 27, 2018, 01:53:25 pm
I did not.

It doesn't really matter if it stunk if him, MSU, or Howland aren't implicated in anything. We'll see when all this FBI stuff ravels out.

Isn't MSU an Addidas school, though?  ;)

Yeah, try to put 2 and 2 together.  Howland = Cheater, Adidas = Cheaters, MSU = Cheaters, Reggie Perry calls Arkansas his dream school, then randomly switches to MSU, an Adidas school with Howland as its head coach.  Bunch of cheaters and this scandal will only expand.

hogsanity

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 27, 2018, 01:32:35 pm
It is my opinion that if not for them being paid by external sources, Monk, Allen, and Perry would be at Arkansas.  I'm not a big fan of Allen, as everyone probably knows by now, but I think Monk and especially Perry would've really helped our program on the court.

Monk would have helped for his 1 yr, but then again, who's points would he have taken away? Barford? Macon? Hannahs? If Monk was coming here would Barford have come?

The Hogs program is not going to be built on one and done players. Can those players help for one yr, sure, but what happens when they leave? Just look at what is likely to happen IF Gafford leaves. There is no big in the next class, and no where else to go get one.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogsanity on February 27, 2018, 02:12:17 pm
Monk would have helped for his 1 yr, but then again, who's points would he have taken away? Barford? Macon? Hannahs? If Monk was coming here would Barford have come?

The Hogs program is not going to be built on one and done players. Can those players help for one yr, sure, but what happens when they leave? Just look at what is likely to happen IF Gafford leaves. There is no big in the next class, and no where else to go get one.

I will take one-and-dones and deal with consequences.

steveaustin69

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 27, 2018, 02:11:49 pm
Yeah, try to put 2 and 2 together.  Howland = Cheater, Adidas = Cheaters, MSU = Cheaters, Reggie Perry calls Arkansas his dream school, then randomly switches to MSU, an Adidas school with Howland as its head coach.  Bunch of cheaters and this scandal will only expand.

I did put two and two together. Hence the  ;)

Doesn't matter if they don't get caught. We'll see if they do.

The Hogfather

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 27, 2018, 02:17:54 pm
I did put two and two together. Hence the  ;)

Doesn't matter if they don't get caught. We'll see if they do.

Guy on Yahoo, who is leading the charge, said under the current rules, he would bet his house on over 5 power 5 head coaches losing their jobs.  He said he thought it would be more like 20-25.  I would bet Howland will be one of those guys.

steveaustin69

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 27, 2018, 02:28:35 pm
Guy on Yahoo, who is leading the charge, said under the current rules, he would bet his house on over 5 power 5 head coaches losing their jobs.  He said he thought it would be more like 20-25.  I would bet Howland will be one of those guys.

Is the below what you're referring to? Dan Wetzel didn't write the article.

Anyways.

Cool. Do you want a cookie?  We'll see how it plays out.

The Hogfather

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 27, 2018, 02:44:14 pm
Is the below what you're referring to? Dan Wetzel didn't write the article.

Anyways.

Cool. Do you want a cookie?  We'll see how it plays out.

Yes, Dan Wetzel.  He didn't write the article, but he works for Yahoo.  He said "20, 25.......under the current rules".

I'll take a cookie once Ben Howland gets fired or it comes out that Adidas helped funnel players to MSU.

steveaustin69

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 27, 2018, 02:47:00 pm
Yes, Dan Wetzel.  He didn't write the article, but he works for Yahoo.  He said "20, 25.......under the current rules".

I'll take a cookie once Ben Howland gets fired or it comes out that Adidas helped funnel players to MSU.

Lots of people work for Yahoo. He didn't write the article. He's been in South Korea the past three weeks.

I'm not aware of Pat Forde or Pete Thamel making similar claims.

Wouldn't surprise me if that many names  are to some extent implicated.

Wouldn't surprise me if only a couple are proven complicit.

We'll see how it plays out.

The Hogfather

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 27, 2018, 02:52:57 pm
Lots of people work for Yahoo. He didn't write the article. He's been in South Korea the past three weeks.

I'm not aware of Pat Forde or Pete Thamel making similar claims.

Wouldn't surprise me if that many names  are to some extent implicated.

Wouldn't surprise me if only a couple are proven complicit.

We'll see how it plays out.

Yeah, I'm sure he doesn't talk to his colleagues at Yahoo.  Probably just pulled that number out of his arse without any sort of discussions with the guys who did write the article.

Jim Harris

Quote from: jacksonhawg on February 24, 2018, 09:51:04 am
.... and allow every team we play to have the best offensive game of the season.

Vanderbilt had its worse offensive game of the season against Arkansas. I'd list more good Arkansas performances but I don't have the time. If you just remember the bad performances, it will fit your argument though.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

hawganatic

Quote from: Jim Harris on February 28, 2018, 04:36:52 pm
Vanderbilt had its worse offensive game of the season against Arkansas. I'd list more good Arkansas performances but I don't have the time. If you just remember the bad performances, it will fit your argument though.

Vanderbilt, as in the team that finished second from the bottom this season?  Not really a good example to use...