Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pay sites

Started by rangertaunton, September 14, 2016, 09:52:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rangertaunton

Which one do you guys think is the best? 247? Thinking of joining one to go along with the awesome reporting from Mr Davenport.
Mess with the boar,get the tusks!!!

trashcan maN

They do a good job at Rivals. Pay the 10 bucks if you want the best coverage.

247 is like 3 bucks a month, and you get access to other teams' sites. Probably a better value overall if you like looking into what other teams' beat writers are talking about.

PorkRinds

I'll be honest. I loved RD's service at first. Then they had an issue that started locking people out of their accounts and I fell victim. After multiple calls to the tech support I just gave up.  Maybe when they get all of those issues worked out I'll try it again. But I loved the content on WHS. But I don't have time to spend to get
Their pay service to work, that's their job.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 14, 2016, 10:27:32 pm
I'll be honest. I loved RD's service at first. Then they had an issue that started locking people out of their accounts and I fell victim. After multiple calls to the tech support I just gave up.  Maybe when they get all of those issues worked out I'll try it again. But I loved the content on WHS. But I don't have time to spend to get

Tons of posters have complained about that, I think for two days I had to click on the site twice to enter, I've really never had any problems. It just seems to me that there's less info there, then what he was doing previously, I could just be me, though.

OnTheHillHogFan

I'm a member of Rivals and WholehogSports(came over from scout). Trey and Danny at Rivals do a really good job breaking down the games and the practices/scrimmages in the fall and spring. Danny does a pretty good job at the recruiting side of it but he ins't as good as RD when it comes to football or Dudley when it comes to basketball.

So far I'm a fan of the wholehog/scout merger. Yes they have had some technical issues but from my POV they seem to have been fixed.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

rangertaunton

Im really looking more for our beat writers and razorback content than other teams. My problems with being locked out of a lot of content from wholehogsports is what stems this desire. I used to could get my fill from RD,but since they have switched over i have had nothing but problems getting in myself. Thanks guys

trashcan maN

Trey1981

My vote is Rivals. I think that they are behind 247 with their rankings but Danny is candid with his recruiting news.  Sometimes maybe too candid but I find his coverage the most interesting (and that is not a knock on RD as I love his coverage as well).

Richard Davenport

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 14, 2016, 10:27:32 pm

Merging two sites with so many moving parts was a chore. Everything I can tell, the kinks have been worked out.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: rangertaunton on September 15, 2016, 11:22:28 am
Im really looking more for our beat writers and razorback content than other teams. My problems with being locked out of a lot of content from wholehogsports is what stems this desire. I used to could get my fill from RD,but since they have switched over i have had nothing but problems getting in myself. Thanks guys

Have you tried recently? Like I said above, I believe the kinks have been worked out. The traffic has been huge.

rangertaunton

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 15, 2016, 12:33:55 pm
Have you tried recently? Like I said above, I believe the kinks have been worked out. The traffic has been huge.
Thanks for responding Richard. I tried about 20 minutes ago and still cant get on. Ill log on with my home PC to see if i can get on that way. Maybe its a problem with my phone

Richard Davenport

Quote from: rangertaunton on September 15, 2016, 12:39:19 pm
Thanks for responding Richard. I tried about 20 minutes ago and still cant get on. Ill log on with my home PC to see if i can get on that way. Maybe its a problem with my phone

Are you a subscriber?

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on September 15, 2016, 01:07:32 pm
Not a pay site, but decent content...

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas

Since the merger, this is were I've been going.  I miss RD's articles. 

Does anyone else have other free sites other then Hogville, SEC Country, SI, ESPN that they go to for Razorbacks Info?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 15, 2016, 12:32:24 pm
Merging two sites with so many moving parts was a chore. Everything I can tell, the kinks have been worked out.

I haven't tried in a couple of weeks. I'll give it a shot when I get home. 

Seebs

You could wait for the first Thursday in February and see who has been signed and read it with the rest of the world. Until then it is speculation and hoping kids keep their word.

Oh and the site is still screwed up. Not being able to log in is not a kink, it is essential.

Enter email and user name.

My username already is being used - okay then

CRetae a new user name - nope - that email is attached to the user name seebs.

What a crock of untested crap RD

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Biggus Piggus

The 24/7 people have the best nationwide recruiting information. On Rivals, Danny West works a little harder than Otis Kirk on 24/7 does, but they all get similar info at the same time.

The WholeHogSports people have good info on recruits but no national recruiting ratings.
[CENSORED]!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 15, 2016, 12:32:24 pm

Still not working.  And I don't want it to seem like I'm being crappy towards you Richard, as I know you don't have much to do with the technical side of it. I'm just super frustrated with it.  I guess I'll make a 3rd call to tech support at some point but I feel like it is way too hard to get something working when I'm paying for the service.  Again, not trying to be negative towards you in any way, just very frustrated at the entire ordeal after being told it was fixed twice. 

Richard Davenport

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2016, 09:33:31 pm
Still not working.  And I don't want it to seem like I'm being crappy towards you Richard, as I know you don't have much to do with the technical side of it. I'm just super frustrated with it.  I guess I'll make a 3rd call to tech support at some point but I feel like it is way too hard to get something working when I'm paying for the service.  Again, not trying to be negative towards you in any way, just very frustrated at the entire ordeal after being told it was fixed twice. 

Sent you a DM.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Seebs on September 15, 2016, 04:53:10 pm
You could wait for the first Thursday in February and see who has been signed and read it with the rest of the world. Until then it is speculation and hoping kids keep their word.

Oh and the site is still screwed up. Not being able to log in is not a kink, it is essential.

Enter email and user name.

My username already is being used - okay then

CRetae a new user name - nope - that email is attached to the user name seebs.

What a crock of untested crap RD

DM me your info and I'll forward it.

Biggus Piggus

My login was refused tonight. Bizarre. Never know when it will crap out.
[CENSORED]!