Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TCU Visitor Tweets WooPig (Eastern lean)

Started by GoHogzzGo, September 13, 2016, 10:29:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogzzGo

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/trents-trough-arkansas-commit-korey-hernandez-scores-three-different-ways-in-huge-game

Nice read. First part talks about CB commit Hernandez from GA having an incredible game.

Second section mentions a TCU recruit visitor being impressed with us instead. And oh we happen to be recruiting him, also he is a highly ranked TE.

Not bad.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

WriterWrong

September 13, 2016, 10:53:47 am #1 Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:04:32 am by WriterWrong
 :razorback:

gmarv

i like it when recruits say we when talking about our hogs.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: gmarv on September 13, 2016, 11:27:45 am
i like it when recruits say we when talking about our hogs.

Agreed. It appears to indicate "buy in"

Paul

HogMantheIntruder

This recruiting class is looking pretty darned good if you ask me. I'll be very interested to see how these guys are rated after their senior seasons.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

AugustaHog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on September 13, 2016, 11:46:50 am
Agreed. It appears to indicate "buy in"
It's a good sign that he's coming on his own dime for the tex st game too.

trphog

PorkRinds

Seeing Henry and now Sprinkle dominate should certainly help...

secneahog

People taking notice of how well Catntrell is blocking too.  Very very physical tight end play.   
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

PorkRinds

Yep. Cantrell will be the guy that replaces sprink as our stud.  Unless Gragg or O'Grady come along fast. Which they just might. They're both studs too.

navyhog24

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 14, 2016, 04:02:03 pm
Yep. Cantrell will be the guy that replaces sprink as our stud.  Unless Gragg or O'Grady come along fast. Which they just might. They're both studs too.

Grayson Gunter or Antwine will probably be the no. 2 TE next year.

trphog

Quote from: navyhog24 on September 14, 2016, 04:26:52 pm
Grayson Gunter or Antwine will probably be the no. 2 TE next year.

Don't forget Jeremy Patton (sp)

PorkRinds

I wonder if someone like O'Grady could be turned into a WR when we lose some of our WR depth next year. By all accounts he's got great hands. Could be a good mismatch possession reciever.

gibby

Wonder if TCU backs off him now?

Paul

With Patton coming in, we'll still be looking for a clear #2 who can stretch the field a la AJ 2 yrs ago $ Sprinkle last yr.  Cantrell is a good H back but doesn't have the speed to get downfield

ridgehog23

Quote from: Paul on September 14, 2016, 09:35:24 pm
With Patton coming in, we'll still be looking for a clear #2 who can stretch the field a la AJ 2 yrs ago $ Sprinkle last yr.  Cantrell is a good H back but doesn't have the speed to get downfield

He ran a 4.58 when we were recruiting him,  that's good speed to me.

Amityvillehogger

He's got plenty of speed
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 14, 2016, 05:32:06 pm
I wonder if someone like O'Grady could be turned into a WR when we lose some of our WR depth next year. By all accounts he's got great hands. Could be a good mismatch possession reciever.
I really like this idea. I mean reeeeally like this idea.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

MissippHog

Do you even football?

6'4", 265+ lbs with a 4.5x forty time is plenty fast to get downfield and a load to bring down.   

blu

Ran on their 4x100m relay team - as stated, plenty of speed.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on September 14, 2016, 11:16:33 pm
He's got plenty of speed
Too much speed, so much that Austin missed him for wide open TDs in both games. ;D

Paul

Quote from: ridgehog23 on September 14, 2016, 09:47:28 pm
He ran a 4.58 when we were recruiting him,  that's good speed to me.
Yes it is

ChicoHog

Quote from: blu on September 16, 2016, 09:53:30 am
Ran on their 4x100m relay team - as stated, plenty of speed.
You may be right but wasn't that about 30 or 40 pounds less weight on him?

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Cardinal Browne

I live in the community where he plays high school football and tweeted him with a #wps during the pre-game for the TCU game (I was in the stands) and he "liked" the tweet, in which I mentioned that TCU wasn't nearly as good an opportunity as was Arkansas... so, it was nice to see he was receptive and positive towards the hogs.  Ridge Point H.S. is a relatively new school in the greater Houston area but they've been very impressive in their first 5 years or so, putting several kids on D1 squads.

Quote from: MS_HogFan on September 14, 2016, 08:23:34 am
http://247sports.com/Player/Mustapha-Muhammad-87487

Yes please.

DeltaBoy

He would a great one to get.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

razorbackfanatic

Cantrell has plenty of speed at the TE spot to "get down field". Yeah he ran a 4.58 in high school, but that was at about 240 not 260, but he's still got good speed to be the #1 TE in this system and he can be a dominating blocker also. He's going to have a great career. I wouldn't be surprised though if he does get the #1 job next season that he doesn't play closer to 255/260 than 265/270. Meaning I don't think he will continue to gain more weight or bulk up more, I think he will probably shed 5-8lbs in that new role where he's running more routes and that will keep him a little more agile.

razorbackfanatic

Also I wouldn't be shocked to see Jamrio Bell make a serous move into some serious playing time next season, especially if O'Grady doesn't get his act together. Bell looks like a carbon copy of Sprinkle in pads. They are built so similar. Long legs and very athletic.