Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A look back at the recruitment of Deatrich Wise

Started by Richard Davenport, August 29, 2016, 11:56:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gmarv

good stuff, hope Deatrich has a great year.
thanks Richard.

Papawhog

RD, I do remember his recruiting process. The line that stuck with me all these years was his coach saying " they just really don't realize what kind of football player they are getting." Don't quote me to be exact, please. He talked of his work ethic, room to grow, as in body growth, the type of person he was and the potential to be great by the the time he left his mark at the U of A. Don't know if you can find that article also. I would say his coach definitely knew what he was talking about.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Papawhog on August 29, 2016, 04:42:33 pm
RD, I do remember his recruiting process. The line that stuck with me all these years was his coach saying " they just really don't realize what kind of football player they are getting." Don't quote me to be exact, please. He talked of his work ethic, room to grow, as in body growth, the type of person he was and the potential to be great by the the time he left his mark at the U of A. Don't know if you can find that article also. I would say his coach definitely knew what he was talking about.
Surprise, surprise....and yet another player who, while having some D-A offers, wasn't exactly the kind that drew much, if any, attention from the 'Bama's, LSU's, Ohio State's, etc. of the world. A very solid high school player in whom our staff saw great potential, work ethic and character and decide to recruit him. And wallah, out comes a very solid All-SEC caliber player going into his senior year. How come I'm totally not shocked?

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Papawhog on August 29, 2016, 04:42:33 pm

I remember seeing Deatrich at the Arkansas camp before his senior year. He passed the eye test with ease. You saw the frame and athleticsim and knew he had a chance. 

farmhawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 29, 2016, 06:45:39 pm
Surprise, surprise....and yet another player who, while having some D-A offers, wasn't exactly the kind that drew much, if any, attention from the 'Bama's, LSU's, Ohio State's, etc. of the world. A very solid high school player in whom our staff saw great potential, work ethic and character and decide to recruit him. And wallah, out comes a very solid All-SEC caliber player going into his senior year. How come I'm totally not shocked?
Who recruited him?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 29, 2016, 06:45:39 pm

Yep, it happens sometimes. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

I guess that far back, all are gone. I really hope he has a breakout year this year.
From theflyinghog

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

farmhawg

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 29, 2016, 09:39:41 pm
John L. Smith.
Slappy! He thought he was recruiting kids to Alabama so I am not sure that counts....
From theflyinghog