Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dalton Wagner commits to Hogs (quotes included)

Started by Peter Porker, July 29, 2016, 10:29:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Wildhog

Boooooooooooooooooooooooom.  Huge pick up.  Literally.

Tallest OL in football! WPS!
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

ricepig

Justifiable Hogicide

Coach B showering us with good news!
Huge pickup and huge guy.
WooPig :razorback:

ricepig

The_Boot_stops_here

Nice pickup.  Big kid already who has the frame to likely add more good weight.  Need numbers at OL and getting a kid like this helps

wholehog92

Huge kid.  Great pick up.  Been an awesome week in recruiting.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

jjdlc

WPS, welcome to the hill.

#19, and it isn't even August.  Coaches going to be able to give the targets for those last few spots a LOT of attention.

Trey1981

That kid is a monster and will fit right in.

From the sounds of it his frame could hold more weight.  I wonder if he redshirts for a good year of learning scheme and weight training with Herb.

jackflash

this recruiting season keeps getting better and better

FraggleHog

Commitments coming at ya so fast it'll mess you up!
Calling the Hogs from DFW

jry04

If you use 247's player rankings, our class is ranked #14 in the country right now. Using the composite rankings we are #19. We have four 4* recruits by 247's evaluation.

bigdaddyhawg

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

TNhawgfan

Best summer in recruiting I've seen for the hogs. I wouldn't mind if all 25 are in early
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

rzrbk4life

Welcome aboard Mr Wagner! Coaches are absolutely killing it on the recruiting trail! WPS
Let's call those hogs!!!!

The_Boot_stops_here

ricepig

Quote from: Trey1981 on July 29, 2016, 10:43:38 am

From the sounds of it his frame could hold more weight.  I wonder if he redshirts for a good year of learning scheme and weight training with Herb.

I hope he redshirts and we are only replacing 1 starter on the O-line.

Arkamedes

Yes!!! Looks like we now have a tackle tall enough to allow us to keep the fourth-and-twenty-five play in the playbook for a couple more years! As if Mr. Freeze and the bland sharks didn't have enough to worry about already. Welcome to your new family, Mr. Wagner! Woo Pig!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

Bacon_Bitz

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1687330-five-three-stars-who-could-be-nfl-players

"OT Dalton Wagner - Richmond-Burton (Ill.)
Wagner has a massive frame at 6-foot-8 and watching him on film, he can really get off the ball in the run game and plays with pretty good pad level for a kid so tall. He plays in a run heavy offense, however, so he is still developing in pass protection. He got out on the camp circuit a little bit this offseason, including the U.S. Army All-American Combine, where we could see some of the raw tools he has. Once he gets to college, develops in the weight room, and continues that progression as a pass blocker, he could certainly end up playing beyond college because he some attributes not many have."

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on July 29, 2016, 11:47:42 am
http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1687330-five-three-stars-who-could-be-nfl-players

"OT Dalton Wagner - Richmond-Burton (Ill.)
Wagner has a massive frame at 6-foot-8 and watching him on film, he can really get off the ball in the run game and plays with pretty good pad level for a kid so tall. He plays in a run heavy offense, however, so he is still developing in pass protection. He got out on the camp circuit a little bit this offseason, including the U.S. Army All-American Combine, where we could see some of the raw tools he has. Once he gets to college, develops in the weight room, and continues that progression as a pass blocker, he could certainly end up playing beyond college because he some attributes not many have."

Cool.  Good find (even if it is from Scout, ha)

IronMountainHog

Dalton is gonna be cleaning up for the double deuce (#22 Rawleigh Williams). "He's good, he's real good".

IronMountainHog

Dalton "Road House" Wagner. Welcome to the Razorbacks.

Hawgzinbowlz

ckhawgu

This is awesome news for the OL! WPS!!! :razorback:

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

oldfart

Looks like a good replacement for Skipper.... some good looking OL in this class

supersaint

Quote from: IronMountainHog on July 29, 2016, 12:08:09 pm
Dalton is gonna be cleaning up for the double deuce (#22 Rawleigh Williams). "He's good, he's real good".

This is a fantastic post.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

FraggleHog

"Prospect with an All American future." That's a bold statement from a highly respected recruiting analyst...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: FraggleHog on July 29, 2016, 02:11:00 pm
"Prospect with an All American future." That's a bold statement from a highly respected recruiting analyst...
He is a future Pro.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

GoHogzzGo

Good lord Bielema and staff are working hard this off season.

Jokingly I thought they could say better get onboard before we are full, that is a real option to promote with now. Wow wow.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

tampahog

what is most exciting to me is that the coaches can focus more time on coaching this fall and will have more capacity to focus on closing strong with the final few slots vs. just trying to fill the class.  Just gotta keep resellling the program to the ones already committed when they start to second guess their options.  Go hogs !!!

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

1highhog

We're going to have our full allotment by the time September rolls around if this keeps up.  I don't think in all of my born days I've seen us fill up in recruiting so fast, it just is messing me up!

1highhog

Congrats Dalton Wagner on being the 19th commit in the 2017 recruiting class for the Hogs, we're all proud to have you in the Razorback family.

HogFansReunited

I just can't believe that we have 19 commits this early in the year. Welcome to the family young man.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

go hogues

Quote from: TNhawgfan on July 29, 2016, 10:53:35 am
Best summer in recruiting I've seen for the hogs. I wouldn't mind if all 25 are in early
Closest similarity to the summer of '07, IIRC. (Childs, Gragg, Wright) We saw what class went on to do.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Hoggish1

Quote from: tampahog on July 29, 2016, 03:12:00 pm
what is most exciting to me is that the coaches can focus more time on coaching this fall and will have more capacity to focus on closing strong with the final few slots vs. just trying to fill the class.  Just gotta keep resellling the program to the ones already committed when they start to second guess their options.  Go hogs !!!

The best thing about early fill up, and the ability to get the best recruits for the last few spots, is the staff can concentrate on future years (2017, 18 and beyond...)!

jgphillips3

PonderinHog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on July 29, 2016, 12:09:46 pm
Quote from: IronMountainHog on July 29, 2016, 12:08:09 pm
I thought he'd be bigger...

Sivad

Quote from: Trey1981 on July 29, 2016, 10:43:38 am
Yep. We've got our own "Manster" now.
Glad he's a Hog.

gibby

Anybody else catch this and appreciate the approach by Coach Anderson?

Quote"He once again explained his philosophy about his coaching," Wagner said. "He's not going to be the guy that beats you down. His words were, 'he's going to give you the grace to fail so you can learn from it, and you can be better.'  That's one of the things that draws me."

No wonder these OL players and recruits are drawn to him.  He treats them with respect and dignity instead of animus and venom.

ZERO

Kelley is going to be our starting QB sooner rather than later. He's going to be the only guy who can see over this monstrous offensive line we're concocting.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

SamBuckhart

Wooo Pig, Mr. Wagner!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

pigture perfect

It's going to be fun watching these guys stats during their Sr. year of high school. These guys are going to get better and better.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Razorbacker79

Big, huge, monstrously Goliath get!!  Welcome to the Hill, good sir!  WPS!!! :razorback: ::hornsdown::
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

MGB1229

Quote from: IronMountainHog on July 29, 2016, 12:09:46 pm

Williams wears the Double Deuce even so he can make sure to protect him