Dustin Thomas

Started by Like it is, January 20, 2018, 05:16:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Like it is

Anyone know what the deal is with Dustin Thomas ? He dressed , but never played

SSFrazorback

Cook gives you better minutes.

Like it is

Oh , I totally agree ! Just wondered what happened. We can't afford distractions! We have enough to worry about

Beaverfever

I think Thomas is better than Cook but Cook is a better at staying in his lane.  If Thomas is on the court he's going to be active for better or worse.  Cook knows he's not the go-to playmaker. 

TebowHater

https://twitter.com/SportsTalkwBo/status/954854697726304256

Anderson: It was a coaches decision not to play Dustin Thomas today. No suspension or injury.

Not saying I didn't like it, but that is odd. Got to be something more. Especially when Hall/Bailey both had 4 fouls that he went from starter to not even seeing the floor.

TebowHater

Mike also said "Osabuohien would "without a doubt" play in his first SEC game today" yesterday. Didn't happen either IIRC

lynbug

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 20, 2018, 05:41:17 pm
I think Thomas is better than Cook but Cook is a better at staying in his lane.  If Thomas is on the court he's going to be active for better or worse.  Cook knows he's not the go-to playmaker.
An he got a couple of layups for his efforts.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: TebowHater on January 20, 2018, 05:50:51 pm
Mike also said "Osabuohien would "without a doubt" play in his first SEC game today"
I think this guy is an urban legend, like sasquatch. Starting to believe we have no such player
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

lynbug

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 20, 2018, 06:24:54 pm
I think this guy is an urban legend, like sasquatch. Starting to believe we have no such player
HA HA! I'm starting to believe the same.

The_Iceman

Mike also said "Osabuohien would "without a doubt" play in his first SEC game today" yesterday. Didn't happen either IIRC

Getting the Nick Babb treatment.

Like it is

MA seems to do that a lot ! I think he does that in order to keep guys from thinking about transferring

hog.goblin

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 20, 2018, 07:12:41 pm
Getting the Nick Babb treatment.

Forgot about him.  He sure is filling up the stat line these days at Iowa St.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 20, 2018, 07:58:32 pm
Forgot about him.  He sure is filling up the stat line these days at Iowa St.

Yeah, shame we don't have a PG with these numbers: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/66/iowa-state-cyclones
All Gas, No Brakes!

AirWarren

Quote from: Like it is on January 20, 2018, 05:16:43 pm
Anyone know what the deal is with Dustin Thomas ? He dressed , but never played

Internal issue per my source.

hog.goblin

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 20, 2018, 08:09:28 pm
Yeah, shame we don't have a PG with these numbers: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/66/iowa-state-cyclones
Funny when you click on his BIo on ESPN it has a Hog!

He just doesn't seem to be as good a shooter as I thought he would be, but he is long, athletic, and all of a sudden is filling up the assist bucket this season, does a good job on the boards also.

Beaverfever

Nick Babb and Jimmy Whitt would be seniors next year if they had stayed.  Remember that next year when everyone says we lost all our experience.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 20, 2018, 09:11:58 pm
Nick Babb and Jimmy Whitt would be seniors next year if they had stayed.  Remember that next year when everyone says we lost all our experience.

We would be a better team with them right now. Mike mismanaged his roster once again.

Leadbelly

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 20, 2018, 05:41:17 pm

Neither one should be on the floor for very long! Play some of the younger kids.
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

hogsanity

Same way Mike jerked Babb around a few years ago.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Jborohog09

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 20, 2018, 09:11:58 pm

Babb would have been a senior this year.

hawgdavis

Quote from: lynbug on January 20, 2018, 07:01:41 pm
HA HA! I'm starting to believe the same.

I have a very fuzzy video of him on the floor early this year. Not sure if it's real or fake.

jchill

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 20, 2018, 09:35:40 pm
We would be a better team with them right now. Mike mismanaged his roster once again.

Man I hate this. Both players are making an impact at the respective schools.