Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What would the purse need to look like to attract a coach of Malazahns caliber?

Started by Sourpuss, November 17, 2017, 01:42:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkSoda

Quote from: pigasaurus on November 17, 2017, 03:51:53 pm
This thread=I see some numbers in my a$$. I think I will pull them out.
well unless you can provide us with a copy of the foundation balance sheet and the minutes from the recent BOT executive session, then I'm not sure where you expect people find the numbers.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

edt

Quote from: GuvHog on November 17, 2017, 01:49:39 pm
Yes, but he isn't worth 5 Million a year. Norvell or Venables would be just as good at 4.5 Million a year.
No, they would not.

GuvHog

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 17, 2017, 03:51:16 pm
on the back of some unlikely clutch play by Brandon Allen, which has yet to be repeated by anyone.

Hey, CBB was the HC so I'll take a win any way they can get it.

Seriously though, there is no way I'd put him in the same category with Gus.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

For the benefit of Gov and Hawginj, here are the loss records of Gus and Bret since they both started in 2013 as SEC HCs.

2013 losses:    Gus:  LSU & FSU
                      Bret:  Rutgers, A&M, FLA, SC, BAMA, OM, MSU, Aub, &LSU

2014:             Gus:  MSU, A&M, GEO, BAMA, & WIS
                     BRET:  AUB, A&M, BAMA, GEO, MSU, & MO

2015:             Gus:  LSU, MSU, ARK, OM, GEO, BAMA
                    BRET:  TOL, TT, A&M, BAMA, & MSU

2016:            Gus:  CLEM, A&M, GEO, BMA, AND OK
                   BRET:  A&M, BAMA, AUB, LSU, MO, & VT

2017:           GUS:  CLEM, LSU
                  BRET:  TCU, A&M, SC, BAMA, AUB, LSU

There you go.  It is true that Gus and Bret can have similar records if you pick and choose what you wish to show. 

SOME DIFFERENCES:  Gus has lost 20 times and Bret has 32 losses.  Gus doesn't have an ugly lose on his resume unless its OM in 2015.  Bret has Rutgers 2 times, Toledo, Texas Tech, and MO 2 times.  Personally I believe TCU this year was an ugly loss because they were never as good as advertised and not good at all the day we played them, very average. Bret is 1-4 against Gus.  Gus had better talent in every one of these games.  Unless I counted wrong, Gus is 43-20 overall and Bret is 29-32 overall.  Gus, in the 4 complete years he has head coached n the SEC, has an overall average of finish of 3.88 out of the 14 teams.  Gus is n the top 28 percent of all SEC teams/coaches over the past 4 complete years and Bret is in the bottom 28 percent during the same time.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 17, 2017, 03:53:14 pm
well unless you can provide us with a copy of the foundation balance sheet and the minutes from the recent BOT executive session, then I'm not sure where you expect people find the numbers.

$74.4m or so at the Foundation, as of June 30, 2017.

The minutes of the executive session;

Chairman: Who wants to keep Jeff?

Trustee 1: nyet
Trustee 2:  לא
Trustee 3: Nada
Trustee 4:  non
Trustee 5: bourbon
Trustee 6: I'm abstaining, on the wagon
Trustee 7: keep him, I like my free suite
Trustee 8: yes
Trustee 9: hang him

majp51

Quote from: GuvHog on November 17, 2017, 01:49:39 pm
Yes, but he isn't worth 5 Million a year. Norvell or Venables would be just as good at 4.5 Million a year.

Well don't you know, Norvell has also been the OC on a National Championship team, a Sucesssful head coach at 2 stops, be the Head Coach in a National Championship, and is one of a very few coaches that has a winning SEC record.

So naturally he objectively the better coach because he can be had for less :)

majp51

Quote from: GuvHog on November 17, 2017, 02:27:54 pm
He's a good coach but not as good as the other ones listed. Look at his record the last 4 years.

Looking at records GUv he is vastly superior to Harbaugh. Meyer and Saban are a cut above, sure.

Hogs-n-Roses

HogT

I heard the offer which was/is going to be made was 6.2 M. per year
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

tusksincolorado

Just hire Gus so every gussie will shut up....and if he fails we won't hear their beetchin again!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!