Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long is out

Started by OtterHog, November 15, 2017, 08:13:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on November 15, 2017, 09:02:28 am
His lack of coaching ability was certainly hidden by his record a Wisky. On the surface, it seemed to be a pretty good hire at the time.

It was hidden by Barry. He controlled that program.

PRJ

BigK_HogHeaven

Trey Schaap now reporting JL is gone on Twitter

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: tusked on November 15, 2017, 09:16:35 am
Eddie had more than just the drink issues

I believe he liked the booger sugar as they say.

PRJ

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 15, 2017, 09:18:03 am
It was hidden by Barry. He controlled that program.

PRJ

That was clearly the case.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Tusks

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 15, 2017, 09:19:36 am

PRJ

amen brotha
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

(notOM)Rebel123

KNWA now reporting as well.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Razorbackers

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 15, 2017, 09:07:42 am
Very few are beating that drum, many are just tired of others beating the dead horse that is that dammed ole carpetbagger that is trying to destroy the UofA. 

If Long has to go, in order for CBB to go, I am ok with that.  I am not in favor of change for the sake of change though.

Pretty much. If Long refused to fire BB then he had to go, but I just don't think he was that dense.

Represented the UA well, CFB playoff chairman, made some good hires and not so good hires. Improved facilities and donations.

Hopefully we have someone ready to come in soon, because coaching searches with ADs never go well.

EastexHawg

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 15, 2017, 09:17:41 am
Wow! Today blew up quick! Rumors of a cleaned out office, funneling money to the RF to avoid foia, and now an 11 am presser! Wow

The thought of that crocodile tear crying, "Integrity Goes A LONG Way" t-shirt printing, dirty laundry airing, self promoting, football moron getting the axe for shady dealings is almost too rich.  If I were Petrino I would call him up and play "How Do You Like Me Now."

It's a great day for Arkansas athletics.

AFBack

hawgon

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 15, 2017, 09:21:07 am
Pretty much. If Long refused to fire BB then he had to go, but I just don't think he was that dense.

Represented the UA well, CFB playoff chairman, made some good hires and not so good hires. Improved facilities and donations.

Hopefully we have someone ready to come in soon, because coaching searches with ADs never go well.

The new coach will be Norvell or Malzahn.  Norvell wants the job and thus, he will take it regardless of the AD.  Malzahn won't come back unless he is made king of the football program and thus, the AD is irrelevant.

Tusks

rzrbk4life

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 15, 2017, 09:21:27 am
The thought of that crocodile tear crying, "Integrity Goes A LONG Way" t-shirt printing, dirty laundry airing, self promoting, football moron getting the axe for shady dealings is almost too rich.  If I were Petrino I would call him up and play "How Do You Like Me Now."

Couldn't of said it better myself
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Granny fan

MissippHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 15, 2017, 09:21:07 am

I'm thinking that's exactly what happened.

grayhawg

Tusks

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: hawgon on November 15, 2017, 09:23:26 am
The new coach will be Norvell or Malzahn.  Norvell wants the job and thus, he will take it regardless of the AD.  Malzahn won't come back unless he is made king of the football program and thus, the AD is irrelevant.
When Gus was at stAte it was like the AD (Dean Lee) worked for him.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 15, 2017, 08:56:11 am
Forgive me for:

1. Not buying a speculative word from anyone (save for a select few) on an anonymous message board.
2. Not buying the words of someone who posts almost exclusively in the Tavern.
3. Bringing the Tavern into this discussion, because I lurk in there quite a bit and some of it is pretty hilarious.

It's being said by a bunch of media now..So you owe the guy and apology looks like he was correct.

dhizzle

They better get an AD fast because I don't want a committee hiring a coach.

RME

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 15, 2017, 09:25:13 am
It's being said by a bunch of media now..So you owe the guy and apology looks like he was correct.

Read through the thread before posting.

OtterHog

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 15, 2017, 09:25:13 am

We're already square. It's all good

BigK_HogHeaven

My apologies for doubting you OtterHog!

Quote from: HotlantaHog on November 15, 2017, 08:42:08 am
If true -- and I am not a Long supporter -- it could be a barrier to hiring a top football coach. Most coaches would want to know who the AD is going to be before moving.
That's my concern too.

hassettsportsman

This has all the components of a great #1 country hit!  I wish them well to their vacation destinations.

Rayzback

Wow.  Here comes the boom.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

elviscat

I bet Bobby Petrino is laughing his ass off now. Mr. Integrity, bites the dust!!! Bye Bye Jeffie

Razorbackers

Quote from: hawgon on November 15, 2017, 09:23:26 am

idk, the AD is pretty relevant to a coach. Despite the opinion of this board, Long is very well respected and liked by people. I'm not saying you're wrong that Norvell wants it or anything. I'm just saying Long would go to bat for his employees, and that's always something you look for in a boss.

Which, it's starting to seem like Long didn't want to cut Bielema loose, and the decision was taken out of his hands. If that's the case, then he probably took a new job, which I would understand. It's his department, and if he wasn't being allowed to run it and make final decision, then I get leaving. But if he was dense enough to try and keep Bielema, then he had to go lol.

online-with-swine

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 15, 2017, 08:33:18 am
Let's take the high road and tread lightly on the alcohol stuff. Dogging the man for his coaching is fair game, but no need to pile on what might be a serious personal issue. We need to be better than that.

But, if that is a root cause of his coaching issues then it should be discussed and more importantly he should get help.

RME

Plot twist: Long out as AD, promoted to Chancellor. Steinmetz out.

snoblind

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 15, 2017, 08:35:36 am
How bout if this turns out to be true we just celebrate instead of trying to start crap with other posters? Bielema has to go but there were legit arguments both for and against long and some posters are dedicated hog fans and will support the hogs staff no matter what. But from what I’ve seen when change is made those some folks will get behind the new staff so oughta give them that chance.

So you are saying we can't hunt and abuse down these posters who attacked us those of us who said we were hearing this was coming?  Bummer.

dhizzle

Who said it first Nick Mason or OP?

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: Karma on November 15, 2017, 09:26:24 am
That's my concern too.
what if they had some input in who there next boss would be?

SDZ_Hog

kodiakisland

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 15, 2017, 09:19:36 am

PRJ

I consider myself a worldly person, but what dat?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

hoglady

Kudos to OtterHog for bringing this to us.
Thank you!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 15, 2017, 09:28:14 am
Plot twist: Long out as AD, promoted to Chancellor. Steinmetz out.

Bant.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

JIMMY BOARFFETT

So, does CBB stay a couple of more weeks until the end of the season while the new AD is put into place?
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

hassettsportsman

Now Coach B....can focus on being a good family man!  I would think both the AD and Head Coaching positions will be filled quickly.  The PTB may want this whole thing resolved ASAP.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: online-with-swine on November 15, 2017, 09:28:01 am
But, if that is a root cause of his coaching issues then it should be discussed and more importantly he should get help.
I agree with part about he should get help. But a bunch of yahoo's on a message board talking about it serves no good purpose. It's just piling on. The man is leaving let's try to have some class about it, is all I'm saying.

Cure

Arkansas never misses an opportunity to look crazy in the media.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

riccoar

Does this have any effect on Bielema's contract?

jrulz83

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 15, 2017, 09:30:09 am
I consider myself a worldly person, but what dat?

Let's let Eric Clapton answer that one.

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

AFBack

I'm hoping we already have someone lined up.

RME

Quote from: riccoar on November 15, 2017, 09:32:51 am

That's actually a great question

dalefromspringdale

Quote from: riccoar on November 15, 2017, 09:32:51 am

Great question.. why didn't I think of this till now. Anybody?

hawganatic

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 15, 2017, 08:58:40 am
Don't you think anyone who has ascended to the point of being able to influence the termination of an Arkansas athletic director might have enough business sense to look before he leaps?  "Dang, Joe, I didn't realize that if we fire Long we're going to have to find his replacement."

No, I've seen in my corporate life several times where a "higher up" was asked to leave the company with no real succession plan to replace.

I hope they have somebody lined up to step in, but don't put too much confidence in somebody just because they are in a certain position to take an action.

kodiakisland

Quote from: jrulz83 on November 15, 2017, 09:33:27 am
Let's let Eric Clapton answer that one.

Makes sense. Was thinking some weird sex thing or worse.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Coach Obvious

hoglady

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 15, 2017, 09:21:27 am

Yes Sir - a great day!!

I thought of you first off when I saw this news - you've been spot on about Long for a long time.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality