Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lunardi has a 6 seed now moving up

Started by checkraiser88, March 10, 2018, 12:36:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

We can still get to a 5! It might take us winning the tournament though. Btw, horrible draw of Michigan State in the 2nd round in the new bracket

http://m.espn.com/ncb/bracketology?iteration=252&region=4&year=2018

WBOBO

I would rather stay a 6 based on projections of how the percentages play out down
down the road.  That would be great.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

razCzar

FWIW...

Kind of interesting that both Hogs and Gators are now 6 seeds.
FL is only team in East that's trending > down.
While AR only team in Midwest trending > UP!

c-townfan

Yeah I hope that doesn't happen! First, I don't really like playing the 11 play in game. Usually a hungry bubble team that hasn't something to prove. Second, if we make it past the 1st round I def don't wanna play Mich St in the 2nd round! Match up nightmare!

Porky McGee

Quote from: c-townfan on March 10, 2018, 02:10:10 am
Yeah I hope that doesn't happen! First, I don't really like playing the 11 play in game. Usually a hungry bubble team that hasn't something to prove. Second, if we make it past the 1st round I def don't wanna play Mich St in the 2nd round! Match up nightmare!
Mich St might be the worst possible matchup for us, along with duke, nova, and Virginia. Really hope to avoid MSU if we get to the second round

HOGSWEAT

Just curious but how are Duke and Virginia matchup nightmares? Shoot season % of 3-pters and we win

DuckTalesLOL

code red

Quote from: AR Taco04 on March 10, 2018, 03:41:21 am
Just curious but how are Duke and Virginia matchup nightmares? Shoot season % of 3-pters and we win
lol.  Bagley III?  ALLEN?  Dude come on????
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

AFWarrior83

We win tonight and we're a 5 seed. We win the tourney and we're guaranteed a 4 seed imo.
Hogville member since 2005.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on March 10, 2018, 07:14:26 am
We win tonight and we're a 5 seed. We win the tourney and we're guaranteed a 4 seed imo.

And then pray for a Friday game to regain our legs

hobhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 10, 2018, 07:50:33 am
And then pray for a Friday game to regain our legs

Four days rest isnt enough?

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: hobhog on March 10, 2018, 08:29:31 am
They are young but don’t forget about travel. Lose a day getting home, lose a day traveling to the next venue.

It may not impact our first game. But remember how tired we were in the round of 32 game last year against UNC.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

King Kong

After playing potentially 4 straight days? Sometimes not

ChicoHog

5 seed means the dreaded 5/12 matchup in first round.  Then probably a 4 seed and then a 1 seed. 

6 seed means 6/11 matchup in first round.  Then probably a 3 seed and a 2 seed.  I will take that most of the time. 

GuvHog

We win tonight and we’re a 5 seed. We win the tourney and we’re guaranteed a 4 seed imo.

No thanks, I don't want the Hogs to have to play a #1 seed in the Sweet 16. For the Hogs, being a 6 seed and playing in either Wichita or Dallas would be ideal.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hobhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 10, 2018, 08:37:42 am
5 seed means the dreaded 5/12 matchup in first round.  Then probably a 4 seed and then a 1 seed. 

6 seed means 6/11 matchup in first round.  Then probably a 3 seed and a 2 seed.  I will take that most of the time.

You have to play high seeds eventually. If you pick them off early you basically inherit their seed. Man up and let's play!

jgphillips3

Six seed gives us an excellent shot at the sweet sixteen.  I never want to lose but, if we have a six seed wrapped up, it might be best for us if we lose to Tennessee and go get some rest and get ready.  I'll still be pulling for the win but I won't be upset if we go home and don't exhaust ourselves.

AlmaHog2011

We deserve a 5 seed already. We win tonight we should be a 4-5 seed not much difference but look at the streak we are on right now. Man if we had those two LSU losses back..Where would we be.

AlmaHog2011

More than enough. Just play the games. I don't care at this point the Florida win was my biggest of the year.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 10, 2018, 08:53:50 am
We deserve a 5 seed already. We win tonight we should be a 4-5 seed not much difference but look at the streak we are on right now. Man if we had those two LSU losses back..Where would we be.

If we had won both LSU games? Probably a 3 seed eyeing a 2 spot if we made the SEC Championship game.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: GuvHog on March 10, 2018, 08:39:51 am
No thanks, I don't want the Hogs to have to play a #1 seed in the Sweet 16. For the Hogs, being a 6 seed and playing in either Wichita or Dallas would be ideal.
dude I would love to BE in the sweet sixteen
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: GuvHog on March 10, 2018, 08:39:51 am
I would LOVE to just be in the sweet sixteen!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Danny J

Yes...no doubt in my mind if we beat Tenn then UK we will be a 4. However I'm not sure I want to play our style 4 straight games then get a Thursday game. Of course I want us to win the SECt but wish we would slow it down and rest our starters as much as possible. Just my $.02

jgphillips3

Quote from: Danny J on March 10, 2018, 09:02:50 am
Yes...no doubt in my mind if we beat Tenn then UK we will be a 4. However I'm not sure I want to play our style 4 straight games then get a Thursday game. Of course I want us to win the SECt but wish we would slow it down and rest our starters as much as possible. Just my $.02

That's exactly why I'm fine no matter what happens today.  Let's go back home, get our legs and freaking ball next week.

Adam Stokes

I find it interesting that most are afraid to play Michigan State because of their high ranking in the polls, but they haven't had to play a ton of quality competition. Michigan State doesn't lose to anyone they shouldn't which is why they are ranked so high. But they are only 2-4 against teams with our RPI or higher. I think we could sneak one on them.

HotlantaHog

6 seed would be good.... just don't match us up with North Carolina in the second game...

RaisinHog

I'm never about loosing too rest... Our guys generally play ruff after long breaks anyway .. I say keep winning

azhog10

Quote from: hobhog on March 10, 2018, 08:42:02 am
You have to play high seeds eventually. If you pick them off early you basically inherit their seed. Man up and let's play!
Rather play a 1 on the second day not first. 6 seed is a better draw for us.

gmarv54

I want us to win as many as we can period.Beating Kenlucky in the finals would be great.I will Worry about the ncaa tourney later.

azhog10

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 10, 2018, 09:33:04 am
I find it interesting that most are afraid to play Michigan State because of their high ranking in the polls, but they haven't had to play a ton of quality competition. Michigan State doesn't lose to anyone they shouldn't which is why they are ranked so high. But they are only 2-4 against teams with our RPI or higher. I think we could sneak one on them.
Statw is a good matchup for us. Their guard play is atrocious. Good big man, and Bridges. But they don't have the guard play to handle Bardot's and Macon and Tourney play is all about your guards.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 10, 2018, 09:33:04 am
Yeah i actually llike that draw, this isn't one of izzos most stellar squads

Hogz87

Quote from: checkraiser88 on March 10, 2018, 12:36:17 am
We can still get to a 5! It might take us winning the tournament though. Btw, horrible draw of Michigan State in the 2nd round in the new bracket

http://m.espn.com/ncb/bracketology?iteration=252&region=4&year=2018
That wouldn't be a great draw, but Michigan State has lost some of their shine over the last month or so.  They've got two outstanding talents in Bridges and Jaren Jackson who are probably more talented than anyone we have on our roster, but we would have a decided backcourt advantage.