Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nick Saban talks Arkansas, Alex Collins, Brandon Allen and Coach Bielema

Started by scruf, October 06, 2015, 04:30:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scruf

http://alabama.247sports.com/Article/Notes-Nick-Saban-Alabama-respect-Arkansas-offense-40002197 (from free article):

The Crimson Tide will host Arkansas (2-3, 1-1 SEC) this weekend for its third SEC game of the 2015 season, and head coach Nick Saban praised the Razorbacks playmakers on offense.

He provided some high praise for Arkansas junior running back Alex Collins, who is the third-leading rusher in the conference with 656 yards and an average of 131.2 yards per game. He also leads the league with 113 attempts this year as the Hogs' No. 1 tailback.

But Collins (154) is not alone. He and fellow tailback Rawleigh Williams (100) both eclipsed 100 rushing yards last weekend against Tennessee.

"Arkansas, to me, has a really, really good team," Saban said. "Everybody knows what a physical game it was last year and they have 16 starters back. They have a couple of receivers that are injured but four of the offensive linemen a really good running back in Alex Collins.

"Quarterback Brandon Allen has been starting now for three years and is a very, very good player. Their defense is one of the tops against the run in the SEC and overall they have played better and better each week.

"Bret has done a really, really good job there of creating a lot of toughness and physical team that you really have to have your jaws set to play well against the type of things they do. They have been a very efficient, effective passing game to go with the great running game."

Alabama junior defensive end Jonathan Allen echoed his coach's sentiment on Collins.

"I think he's one of the best backs in the SEC," Allen said. "He may not get the recognition of the other people, but he's definitely a physical guy, likes to run the ball, speed. He does a good job. It takes 11 hats getting to the ball to tackle him."

MuskogeeHogFan

Here's a quote from Alabama DE Jonathan Allen who makes it sound as if they feel we are a lot like Georgia in some respects.

Arkansas, much like Georgia last week, has a pro-style offense. Collins has rushed for 656 yards (5.8 per carry) in five games, while Allen has completed 93 of 141 passes (66.0 percent) for 1,360 yards with eight touchdowns and three interceptions.

"It's another team that likes to run the ball, so we're excited," Tide junior defensive end Jonathan Allen said. "They're the same in some ways to Georgia, but they're also different. We've just got to do what we do and get ready for a great game."
Go Hogs Go!

Breems

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 06, 2015, 05:47:19 am
Here's a quote from Alabama DE Jonathan Allen who makes it sound as if they feel we are a lot like Georgia in some respects.

Well that sucks.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

scruf

I know it's coach speak but if you listen to Saban's PC after the Arkansas game last year there was no guile in his remarks.

Ramtough

Nice to hear the usual coach talk but after this weekend we will be 2-4 and 1-2 in SEC play. We can still get to a lower tier bowl and that's about all I ever expect out of Bielema. Maybe the Towns kid will be our savior at QB to get us to 8-9 wins. BA is just not a winner.

Biggus Piggus

Georgia ran the ball on them alright. Looking forward to this one.
[CENSORED]!

razorbackkid

Quote from: Ramtough on October 06, 2015, 03:19:14 pm
Nice to hear the usual coach talk but after this weekend we will be 2-4 and 1-2 in SEC play. We can still get to a lower tier bowl and that's about all I ever expect out of Bielema. Maybe the Towns kid will be our savior at QB to get us to 8-9 wins. BA is just not a winner.

You're entitled to your opinion and I respect that right.  The head coach is usually open game, but to call B.A. "not a winner" in this thread is simply not right.  The young man will be a graduate of the U of A and have a good life because of it.  The egg-shaped ball does not make him a loser.

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

BadHog

Hope they know nothing of RWIII and he really has a break out game this Saturday!!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

scruf

It's always unnerving when fans of other teams make accounts on rival teams' boards and use the word "we" and talk like they are a fan of a team they despise. It's a mental disorder.

WooPig90

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

scruf

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 06, 2015, 03:55:28 pm
Georgia's running backs went for more than 200 yards.
Fun Fact: Two offenses in the SEC are averaging more than 200 yards both rushing and passing - Arkansas and Georgia. I don't know what this means but I'll just leave it right here.

Another Unrelated Fun Fact: LSU is the only team in the SEC not averaging at least 100 yards in both rushing and passing. (95.5 pass/334 pass) Sellout to stop Fournette and you stop the Tigers. It's no coincidence that LSU's closest game (21-19) was to the team (Miss State) that held him to his lowest (159) rushing total this year. Outside of MSU, the Tigers haven't played anyone (Auburn, Syracuse, E. Mich) with an SEC-caliber defense.

WooPig90

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: WooPig90 on October 06, 2015, 04:21:11 pm
205 but 83 of it came on 1 run in garbage time

Still had more than 4 yards per carry, which is good enough.
[CENSORED]!

scruf

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 06, 2015, 04:18:00 pm
If he is referring to the on the field then he is correct. BB and BA will have the worst winning conference % of any coach/qb combo in history
What's BA on, like his 5th offensive coordinator? Give him a break, he's not the reason the team is 2-3 right now. Honest question: Who is "your" team? We all know it's not Arkansas so just don't. Come clean or GTFO.

scruf

Dropkick

We don't have a Towns kid.

PonderinHog

PossumFan

Saban says BA is "a really, really good player." But I guess you are a better evaluator of QB talent.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: PossumFan on October 06, 2015, 09:42:30 pm
Saban says BA is "a really, really good player." But I guess you are a better evaluator of QB talent.

Not gonna hate on BA, but, what did you expect Saban to say about him?

moses_007

We need to continue with the white jerseys, white pants and red helmets.  Don't change what we wore in our last game, which was a win on the road.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: moses_007 on October 06, 2015, 09:53:33 pm
We need to continue with the white jerseys, white pants and red helmets.  Don't change what we wore in our last game, which was a win on the road.

Knowing Bielema, he'll probably have us in white helmets because Alabama's crimson is close to our cardinal red.

arlhog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 06, 2015, 04:23:10 pm
Still had more than 4 yards per carry, which is good enough.
2.9 yards per carry if you take away the 83 yarder.     besides that one play bama stopped them.    bama has the best defensive front in the nation.

TomasPistola

Georgia abandoned the Run game too quickly IMO. They could have minimized the damage.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

redswarmrising

Quote from: razorbackkid on October 06, 2015, 03:29:53 pm
You're entitled to your opinion and I respect that right.  The head coach is usually open game, but to call B.A. "not a winner" in this thread is simply not right.  The young man will be a graduate of the U of A and have a good life because of it.  The egg-shaped ball does not make him a loser.

actually BA has already graduated

hoglady

I think we'll find that passing on Bama will be easier than running on them.
Our pass game is better than Georgia's.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

If Saban can keep his team believing, we won't do much of anything against BAMA.  It will be a mental thing with BAMA this week.  If they really believe we are a danger to them, we may not score.  If not we have a really outside chance to win the game.

Minds wonder and that accounts for the OM loss.  Otherwise, BAMA should be unbeatable for anyone.

hoghevn

A depraved, insecure individual such as yourself can only feel better insulting others, not to mention being wrong in your assessment.  You breach the rules asked of posters here and go beyond what's necessary in your comments to get attention and make sure you're recognized.....  An example of an adolescent trying to get attention.  Well, you got it, we all now know; your void of intellect and emotionally ruled and sensically debased.

In a word you can understand - a "dumbass"
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

The Hogfather

Quote from: Breems on October 06, 2015, 07:01:48 am
Well that sucks.

Might be a good thing.  They just easily stomped Georgia.  Maybe they think our game will be the same and don't give max effort?

Dropkick

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on October 06, 2015, 09:55:55 pm
Knowing Bielema, he'll probably have us in white helmets because Alabama's crimson is close to our cardinal red.
This is it! For the life of me I couldn't figure out if (in the unlikely event) we upset Bama, what would some of Hogville's finest b*tch about. White helmets! Thanks.

scruf

Quote from: Dropkick on October 07, 2015, 12:04:10 pm
This is it! For the life of me I couldn't figure out if (in the unlikely event) we upset Bama, what would some of Hogville's finest b*tch about. White helmets! Thanks.
No, they'll just say that CBB is only 1-3 against Saban and that it will take him another 2 years just to get to .500 against the Tide.