Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee's Four Questionable Hits

Started by Pigor Mortis, October 04, 2015, 03:06:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ALLVOL on October 04, 2015, 05:34:09 pm
The internet has made a lot of cowards very brave. Things they would never say in person they feel secure enough to say on line.
The internet has a way of showing class or lack there of.
Our fans are Butt hurt and losing their minds. But that is by no means an excuse to spread falsehoods about someone assaulting someone else. I have zero tolerance for that kind of stuff. Like I said, Jones has given us a plethora of things to criticize the hell out of him for so there's no need for this kind of junk.
ALLVOL, saw your nice "congrats" earlier today. While I know you're hurting, that's a classy thing to do. Best of luck the rest of the season. Keep the faith and things will get better.

Oklahawg

The cut block on Williams was a pure "punk move". Classless way to coach players to play.

But, this gets ingrained early in players - you can see it in youth football even, before kids hit puberty.

Certainly, there are schools out there that stretch the rules as it influences the health of opposing players (Auburn comes to mind).

But at the end of the day, if it is legal it is fair game for a coach to use.

BTW, I do appreciate the attempts by ALLVOL to have classy chatter with us. Hard to do, especially after a killer letdown like this.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

fullfan

:)
Quote from: aar0n on October 04, 2015, 03:41:43 pm
Lots of stuff going around on Volnation today about Butch's coaching "tendencies."  Basically several people are coming forward and telling stories they've heard from current and former team members about Butch losing his players and being a complete whackadoo behind closed doors.  It doesn't surprise me that they'd be dirty. 

Here's an excerpt from Volnation.  I'd suggest anybody interested in watching a team, it's coaches, and it's fanbase completely implode head over there and read some of the stuff being put out there.  It's worth the read.

Butch gave Mac Crowder a gut punch just before the season started. He (Butch) was working with some young OL and got pissed and yelled for a veteran OL to come over. So Crowder came over and Butch slugged him in the gut then started yelling at the young guys "that was being tough!" Crowder wasn't so happy about it and pushed Butch down, then the veteran OL Crowder got in Butch's face and some coaches and players had to get everything under control and pull Crowder off Butch. That is why Wiesman, Kendrick, Crowder, etc. (several O-Line players) stopped coming to practice for a little while.  The coaching staff sent Dobbs, Hurd and a couple other "key" leaders on the team to convince these players to return to the team.  Apparently it has been a lot of work behind the scene to keep this quiet including much pleading with the Crowder family to not go public.
Send to Clay Travis.  Maybe he can do an investigative piece on the story. ;)

rljjr

Guarantee you next week we won't get a block in the back call on Bama if they house one, even if it's in front of the ref. THERE. Just prepping the battlefield for next week's "we got screwed" crowd. Oh, and it's possible that I might be one of them!

gmarv

i hate it for josh williams,but as far as refs go this ain,t a game i,ll complain about.its seems funny to me how we were constantly holding in games until the tenn. game not one holding call.i,m afraid we will see how that goes this week. i thought it was a fairly clean game.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: ChitownHawg on October 04, 2015, 05:11:13 pm
It was a good cut block. Bad luck on the leg though.

Yeah, I hate to say but that block was legal. No chop blocking whatsoever just a good low block. Bad luck with the leg though.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Pigor Mortis

Most of the coaching types seem to think the cut block On Williams is legal.  It wasn't in the 7 yard box, so it has to be straight ahead.  I still disagree that it was straight ahead.

Another one that I saw in replay.  Skipper was standing up after a play was over and a TN defender comes and knocks him about three yards onto his backside.  Skipper turns over and points at the defensive player.  Kind of like, "I'm going to get you".  It was funny on replay.

Combine that with the clip on the FG and it looks like they were trying to get Skipper to retaliate.  Can't say that I wouldn't try that also given Skipper's history.

So, instead of 4 questionable hits - it is either 5 or 6.  5 or 6 late hits does not equal a coincidence.

Inhogswetrust

As far as cut blocks are concerned IF the NCAA really does care about injuries as they try to claim then they would outlaw them just like they have other types of hits and blocks. I'm not saying I advocate that just the NCAA is hypocritical about it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

aar0n

Quote from: aar0n on October 04, 2015, 03:41:43 pm
Lots of stuff going around on Volnation today about Butch's coaching "tendencies."  Basically several people are coming forward and telling stories they've heard from current and former team members about Butch losing his players and being a complete whackadoo behind closed doors.  It doesn't surprise me that they'd be dirty. 

Here's an excerpt from Volnation.  I'd suggest anybody interested in watching a team, it's coaches, and it's fanbase completely implode head over there and read some of the stuff being put out there.  It's worth the read.

Butch gave Mac Crowder a gut punch just before the season started. He (Butch) was working with some young OL and got pissed and yelled for a veteran OL to come over. So Crowder came over and Butch slugged him in the gut then started yelling at the young guys "that was being tough!" Crowder wasn't so happy about it and pushed Butch down, then the veteran OL Crowder got in Butch's face and some coaches and players had to get everything under control and pull Crowder off Butch. That is why Wiesman, Kendrick, Crowder, etc. (several O-Line players) stopped coming to practice for a little while.  The coaching staff sent Dobbs, Hurd and a couple other "key" leaders on the team to convince these players to return to the team.  Apparently it has been a lot of work behind the scene to keep this quiet including much pleading with the Crowder family to not go public.

Well, this turned out to be prophetic.

ALLVOL

Quote from: aar0n on October 06, 2015, 10:47:39 pm
Well, this turned out to be prophetic.
I wouldn't say prophetic, I'd say pathetic. Just stupid rumor.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ALLVOL on October 07, 2015, 07:09:41 am
I wouldn't say prophetic, I'd say pathetic. Just stupid rumor.

It may be stupid rumor - and I truly hope it is - but it's starting to get play in the national media (just google Butch Jones punch player) and it's not just internet sites that are reporting it now.  Until a video truly shows up, or the Crowder kid confirms that something happened, it's just a rumor.  But sadly, in today's world, rumors don't go away as quickly as they used to.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on October 07, 2015, 08:22:16 am
It may be stupid rumor - and I truly hope it is - but it's starting to get play in the national media (just google Butch Jones punch player) and it's not just internet sites that are reporting it now.  Until a video truly shows up, or the Crowder kid confirms that something happened, it's just a rumor.  But sadly, in today's world, rumors don't go away as quickly as they used to.
Sadly you're right. Regardless of who it is I hate rumors. There's plenty to criticize Jones about. Starting rumors like this is terrible and cowardly IMO. As much as I dislike Kiffin I didn't like the rumor about him sleeping with Sabans daughter.