Pages:
Actions
  • #9101 by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on 21 Nov 2015
  • North Carolina -3 / Dime Play.  Looks too easy. Beamer will have his Hokies ready to go.
    Mich St +14.5 / 5 units
    Louisville +2 / 3 units
    Mich -3 bought hook / 3 units
    OU -12 / 3 units
    Aggies -5 / 5 units

That's what I have so far.
  • #9102 by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on 21 Nov 2015
  • Gut said south Florida and I went the other way....34-3 usf. I need a good saturday

I did the same thing.  Luckily Air Force kinda balanced it out.
  • #9103 by sir-pigs-a-lot on 21 Nov 2015
  • Penn St. +4....L
    Ohio state -14....L
    Georgia state -3....W
    Pitt -1.....W
    Baylor -2....W
    UTSA -3.....W

• #9104 by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on 21 Nov 2015
  • Penn St. +4
    Ohio state -14
    Georgia state -3
    Pitt -1
    Baylor -2

We went opposite on 3 games :)
  • #9105 by McKdaddy on 21 Nov 2015
  • Added more oSu at +2
  • #9106 by McKdaddy on 21 Nov 2015
  • I liked OU at -12, which it was on my site last night. Now it is -17.5, ugh. I missed it.
  • #9107 by widespreadsooie on 21 Nov 2015
  • Added Temple +3
  • #9108 by jkstock04 on 21 Nov 2015
  • I'm gonna add Michigan st +14.5. I haven't researched it (other than knowing Ohio st weak schedule) but that seems like a lot of points to me for this game.
  • #9109 by StuartDavin on 21 Nov 2015
  • North Carolina -3 / Dime Play.  Looks too easy. Beamer will have his Hokies ready to go.
    Mich St +14.5 / 5 units
    Louisville +2 / 3 units
    Mich -3 bought hook / 3 units
    OU -12 / 3 units
    Aggies -5 / 5 units

That's what I have so far.

I'm probably missing something, but why a dime play if you expect the Hokies to be ready to go?
  • #9110 by McKdaddy on 21 Nov 2015
  • Added Ags -3.5  3u
  • #9111 by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on 21 Nov 2015
  • I'm probably missing something, but why a dime play if you expect the Hokies to be ready to go?

Because talent says Carolina should win by 3 scores. Doesn't always work that way, but hoping it does.
  • #9112 by sir-pigs-a-lot on 21 Nov 2015
  • #9113 by WILL CLINTON on 21 Nov 2015
  • Gonna play all my leans this week.

Georgia -14.5 v Georgia Southern
    UNC -4.5 v VT
    TAMU -7 v Vandy
    Navy -12 v Tulsa
    Indiana +2.5 v Maryland
    Duke -2.5

Edit: I'm taking back Louisville. Not playing it.  I'm adding in Duke -2.5 though.
  • #9114 by sir-pigs-a-lot on 21 Nov 2015
  • This Penn state play calling is really making me mad. I hope we get them in a bowl game. It won't be pretty.
  • #9115 by widespreadsooie on 21 Nov 2015
  • TN -6 added
  • #9116 by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on 21 Nov 2015
  • Cannot believe Carolina just fumbled that effing ball.  Game was friggin over
  • #9117 by sir-pigs-a-lot on 21 Nov 2015

• We went opposite on 3 games :)

You're up 1-0 on me so far
  • #9118 by sir-pigs-a-lot on 21 Nov 2015
  • Adding UTSA -3
  • #9119 by DadVader1 on 21 Nov 2015

Friggin TWICE when they could have put the game away.  Marquise kept them from winning by 2 or 3 scores.  Glad you at least got the push.

I still did ok following you off the books.  Michigan almost made my final cut, so I got a push and a W tailing you.  THANKS again!
  • #9120 by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on 21 Nov 2015
  • Hogs, Aggies, Vols all 2 units.
  • #9121 by WILL CLINTON on 21 Nov 2015

You ain't lying. I was hoping they'd go into a 2nd OT and NC could pull it out. Brutal game.
  • #9122 by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on 21 Nov 2015
  • Friggin TWICE when they could have put the game away.  Marquise kept them from winning by 2 or 3 scores.  Glad you at least got the push.

I still did ok following you off the books.  Michigan almost made my final cut, so I got a push and a W tailing you.  THANKS again!

Thanks.  I will take the push, but should have been easy cover.
  • #9123 by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on 21 Nov 2015
  • You ain't lying. I was hoping they'd go into a 2nd OT and NC could pull it out. Brutal game.

Push better than loss, but still.
  • #9124 by WILL CLINTON on 21 Nov 2015
  • Added San Jose St -8.5
  • #9125 by sir-pigs-a-lot on 21 Nov 2015
  • 4-2 on the day, both losses heads up with Jeff.
  • #9126 by campushog23 on 21 Nov 2015
  • 3-1 on the day, got pretty lucky on the Bay/OK St. over. Two plays for Sunday so far:
    Atl -5 3u
    Den -1 2u
  • #9127 by sir-pigs-a-lot on 21 Nov 2015
  • In the spirit of transparency, I've hit the 1000 dollar mark. I always start the season with 50 bucks and play moderately conservative and use the martingale system following a loss. My original bet size never changes. I've turned 50 into a grand.

Of course, Jeff plays that on one game every weekend, but it shows that it is possible to be successful with money management and smart investing. 
  • #9128 by Huckleberry Pig on 21 Nov 2015
  • Hey guys, been a few years but am back.  Strictly tailing yalls plays. Took a&m and mich st. Today after reading this thread so thank y'all! (Did lose on the hogs though) netted +$37 on the day.  Y'all are good!
  • #9129 by sir-pigs-a-lot on 21 Nov 2015
  • Hey guys, been a few years but am back.  Strictly tailing yalls plays. Took a&m and mich st. Today after reading this thread so thank y'all! (Did lose on the hogs though) netted +$37 on the day.  Y'all are good!

Welcome back man
  • #9130 by Huckleberry Pig on 22 Nov 2015
  • Thanks sir pigs! And I know the rules, not counting these as wins - I know the rules in here about that.  Just wanted to say thank y'all for the picks!
  • #9131 by sir-pigs-a-lot on 22 Nov 2015
  • You've been around long enough to have some credibility. Some newbie rolling through saying he went 11-2 on the weekend not posting jack is different.
  • #9132 by WILL CLINTON on 22 Nov 2015
  • What a day. Completely whiffed on Duke and Georgia Southern, can't belive the Dawgs had to pull one out against them.  UNC should have won that game going away, which would have led to a 5-2 day, but instead I'll end up 4-3 considering the path San Jose St is on right now.

Georgia -14.5 v Georgia Southern L
    UNC -4.5 v VT L
    TAMU -7 v Vandy W
    Navy -12 v Tulsa W
    Indiana +2.5 v Maryland W
    Duke -2.5 L
    San Jose St -8.5 v Hawaii W

39-36-4 for the year
  • #9133 by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on 22 Nov 2015

Welcome back buddy.
  • #9134 by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on 22 Nov 2015
  • In the spirit of transparency, I've hit the 1000 dollar mark. I always start the season with 50 bucks and play moderately conservative and use the martingale system following a loss. My original bet size never changes. I've turned 50 into a grand.

Of course, Jeff plays that on one game every weekend, but it shows that it is possible to be successful with money management and smart investing. 

That's a fantastic accomplishment.  Just a suggestion.  Resist the urge to buy something cool with that or doing something sensible like paying off a bill. 

Keep working your system and who knows after bowl season maybe you are up 2 grand.  Take at least half your winning and put it away.  Do not touch it.  Next year start with much larger bankroll.  Do not change the way you play.  Just betting larger amounts.

Do this every year, and before you know it you will be starting each season with a larger bankroll than the year before.  Also gives you the chance to really hammer down on a game you consider the closest there is to being a lock.

That said.  If you get up example 5,000.  Never bet more than 20% of your bankroll no matter how much you love a game. That way even if you lose it doesn't destroy your bankroll or mindset.  Still leaves you plenty of money to keep betting the way you want to.

Congrats buddy.
  • #9135 by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on 22 Nov 2015
  • Here comes the stupid nfl

Tampa +7 / 2 units
    Bears pk / 2 units
    Redskins +7 / 2 units
  • #9136 by sir-pigs-a-lot on 22 Nov 2015
  • I'm going heads up with you again....

Eagles -6.5
  • #9137 by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on 22 Nov 2015
  • I'm going heads up with you again....

Eagles -6.5

Let the games begin :)
  • #9138 by sir-pigs-a-lot on 22 Nov 2015

• That's a fantastic accomplishment.  Just a suggestion.  Resist the urge to buy something cool with that or doing something sensible like paying off a bill. 

Keep working your system and who knows after bowl season maybe you are up 2 grand.  Take at least half your winning and put it away.  Do not touch it.  Next year start with much larger bankroll.  Do not change the way you play.  Just betting larger amounts.

Do this every year, and before you know it you will be starting each season with a larger bankroll than the year before.  Also gives you the chance to really hammer down on a game you consider the closest there is to being a lock.

That said.  If you get up example 5,000.  Never bet more than 20% of your bankroll no matter how much you love a game. That way even if you lose it doesn't destroy your bankroll or mindset.  Still leaves you plenty of money to keep betting the way you want to.

Congrats buddy.

Good advice. When I started doing this , it was mainly for kicks. I never expected to have any kind of long term success. Then , over the years, I've started seeing it more of a way to invest and I started being sensible. I've established a system that works and instead of cashing it all out like normal, I plan to follow your advice and keep building it.

• #9139 by Huckleberry Pig on 22 Nov 2015
  • I almost refuse to touch NFL, no plays for me yet
  • #9140 by onebadrubi on 22 Nov 2015
  • Making the locals mortgage payment today.

Panthers -4 first half
    Panthers over 44
    Panthers -6
    Oak team total over 24.5
    Denver ML
    Atlanta -3 both get .5
    Jets -3 bought .5
    Pills/tamp O45
    Indy/atlanta o47

Parlay
    Eagles ML
    Chiefs ML
    Arizona ML

Liking Chiefs -3, Vikings, and arizona for later today as well. 
  • #9141 by sir-pigs-a-lot on 22 Nov 2015
  • Packers pk
  • #9142 by Huckleberry Pig on 22 Nov 2015
  • You were all over the panthers onebadrubi, looks like it's gonna be a good call.  What sold ya on them?
  • #9143 by onebadrubi on 22 Nov 2015
  • You were all over the panthers onebadrubi, looks like it's gonna be a good call.  What sold ya on them?

-Panthers real good at home ATS, other than a Bs back door game from colts
    -Redskins suck ats on the road.
    -Can newton is doing to the NFL what he did to the sec at Auburn. 
    -Panthers D
    -Redskins spent too much emotion on one win was week. 

Sadly, I played the game huge and most of my small bets under it didn't win.  Atl and the O really hurt me. They are quite sadly awful from the top down in that franchise and I keep telling myself to stop playing them.  They have cost me more than any other team this year possibly
  • #9144 by sir-pigs-a-lot on 22 Nov 2015
  • 1-1 today

Packers bailed me out
  • #9145 by sir-pigs-a-lot on 22 Nov 2015
  • 13-15 NFL picks
    38-19 NCAAF
    0-3 NCAAB
  • #9146 by onebadrubi on 22 Nov 2015
  • 1-1 today

Packers bailed me out

Where has that D been the past 4-5 weeks?  They should be a top team playing like tonight.  Not real sure I understand their ups and downs. 

I'm chasing tonight with cards bought down to -3 and a small parlay with arizona -3, over 45(bought way down) and Portland trail blazers -2.  Need these plays after an awful weekend.   
  • #9147 by MS_HogFan on 23 Nov 2015

That is pretty incredible. Congrats
  • #9148 by DadVader1 on 23 Nov 2015
  • Another good week, going 7-2 for +10 units.  That makes it 79-57-1 for +31 units ytd.  I won't come anywhere near Sir Pigs' fantastic results (CONGRATS!!!), but I'm just under 3 units away from a 4x return on my starting bankroll.  This is the time of year when I wish we had a few more weeks of college fb ... I found a few very nice trends, including one that was 49-7 going into the weekend, and it went 5-1 on the weekend so now stands at 54-8.  Unfortunately, the spreadsheets don't typically do so well on rivalry weekend.  The saying that "you can throw away the numbers" when it comes to predicting big rivalry games is surprisingly true.  Hopefully, my mega-trend will pick a few games that aren't big rivalry games. 

Oh, and Sir Pigs called it about me choking on big plays  :)  NC was my largest play of the season at 5 units (2 "on the record" and 3 "off the record" tailing Jeff), and friggin Marquise Williams snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  Fortunately, at least the 3 "off the record" ended up in a push.  Still, late in that game, I was starting to do the internal calculations on adding that 5 units into the W column. 
  • #9149 by hogsanity on 23 Nov 2015
  • Another good week, going 7-2 for +10 units.  That makes it 79-57-1 for +31 units ytd.  I won't come anywhere near Sir Pigs' fantastic results (CONGRATS!!!), but I'm just under 3 units away from a 4x return on my starting bankroll.  This is the time of year when I wish we had a few more weeks of college fb ... I found a few very nice trends, including one that was 49-7 going into the weekend, and it went 5-1 on the weekend so now stands at 54-8.  Unfortunately, the spreadsheets don't typically do so well on rivalry weekend.  The saying that "you can throw away the numbers" when it comes to predicting big rivalry games is surprisingly true.  Hopefully, my mega-trend will pick a few games that aren't big rivalry games. 

Oh, and Sir Pigs called it about me choking on big plays  :)  NC was my largest play of the season at 5 units (2 "on the record" and 3 "off the record" tailing Jeff), and friggin Marquise Williams snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  Fortunately, at least the 3 "off the record" ended up in a push.  Still, late in that game, I was starting to do the internal calculations on adding that 5 units into the W column. 

That NC game cost me a huge 5 team parlay payoff.
  • #9150 by widespreadsooie on 23 Nov 2015
  • Went 3-3 Saturday bringing me to 35-38 YTD. Won on Temple, TN, and Baylor. Lost my OM/Hog ML parlay, the USF/Cincy under, and Ohio St.
Pages:
Actions