Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching candidates

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, January 17, 2018, 06:45:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

Let's throw some names around. Greg Marshall, Gregg McDermott, Billy Donovan after he gets fired from OKC.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

ArkansasI

It is amazing how little Mike knows about basketball. Wash, rinse, repeat.

If it's not working, try harder.

razorbackchamps94

He won't be fired ... He will stay as long as he wants

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

hawgball40

Scotty Thurman or Corliss Williamson

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

checkraiser88

Sweet Feet

Sure, get rid of the coach who has taken Arkansas to the 2nd round twice in his 6 years. Arkansas saw the second round of the NCAA tourney only 1 time in 11 years before Anderson came.

Arkansas fans love mediocrity

ICEman

John Wooden, Dean Smith, James Naismith, Adolph Rupp
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Sweet Feet on January 17, 2018, 07:15:26 pm
Sure, get rid of the coach who has taken Arkansas to the 2nd round twice in his 6 years. Arkansas saw the second round of the NCAA tourney only 1 time in 11 years before Anderson came.

Stan Heath took us to two tournaments in five years...

Back-to-back at that...

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

AirWarren

"Throw the money" to a Home run hire like Chad Morris.

We are Arkansas. We can find a top notch top 5 coach in the country.

tophawg19

Quote from: Sweet Feet on January 17, 2018, 07:15:26 pm

2 times in 6 years is Mediocrity at it's best . and next year is an extremely young team.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The_Iceman

Chris Beard. Doubt he'd leave tho. Brad Underwood is a good coach, but he just got to Illinois. I like the idea of Gregg McDermott for sure.

870hog

cardsNhogs

Lot of good mid major coaches out there.

The_Iceman

Just know this: YES, we can do better than Mike Anderson. Just look at Texas Tech.

AirWarren

nwahogfan1

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on January 17, 2018, 06:45:38 pm
Let's throw some names around. Greg Marshall, Gregg McDermott, Billy Donovan after he gets fired from OKC.

I admit we need a new coach but why would these coaches leave their teams to come here?  they have no connections and it would be a lateral move.

I think we will have to go mid major.  Arkansas out side the state is not what you guys are thinking it is.

Unless you throw $4 million at him but why?

AirWarren

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 17, 2018, 07:32:03 pm
I admit we need a new coach but why would these coaches leave their teams to come here?  they have no connections and it would be a lateral move.

I think we will have to go mid major.  Arkansas out side the state is not what you guys are thinking it is.

Unless you throw $4 million at him but why?

We saw what a coaching search with the mindset that "we can Throw the money at anyone" did in our football coach search.

SMU up and comer.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: AP85 on January 17, 2018, 07:31:20 pm
Lol
almost all the big name coaches started at mid major programs. Lots of good young coaches are at the mid major level.

Knot2brite

Hell let's throw out all kinds of names...for fun...because reality is that we can name anyone we wantnto on hogville but none of them are going to be hired...because we don't have and won't have a job opening in the foreseeable future
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

The_Iceman

Quote from: AP85 on January 17, 2018, 07:37:13 pm
We saw what a coaching search with the mindset that "we can Throw the money at anyone" did in our football coach search.

SMU up and comer.

Many programs hire up and comers. It's about spotting a talented coach that is the right fit. Chad Morris will do just fine here.

Arkansas can find the equivalent in basketball.

golfinpig

maggiesue

Anyone with a pulse.  This is the worst basketball in the country to watch.  No offense, lazy defense and a coach that just stares at the court regardless of what is happening.  I watched 10 minutes of it tonight and said I am done...not gonna watch anymore.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Breems on January 17, 2018, 07:08:43 pm
Bret Bielema
No, him and Mike need to buy a sofa together and watch football and basketball because neither one of them know how to coach either sport.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hobhog

Make Mike Beard say no three times.....

SultanofSwine

At this point I don't much care who the next guy is. It would be nice if they went and found a young fire ball with something to prove. Nolan had that. Mike didn't. He was just "coming home".

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Don't worry.  Next Monday night at Mike's Sassy's Red House coaches show, everyone there will be applauding Mike's effort and his trash product.

That's what this program has become, a bunch of basic bit*hes who need pats on the back & for daddy to tell them everything will be OK.

Hogginintheville

Quote from: AP85 on January 17, 2018, 07:26:37 pm
"Throw the money" to a Home run hire like Chad Morris.

We are Arkansas. We can find a top notch top 5 coach in the country.

Don't need a top 5 coach but a top 50 would be nice.

PORKULATOR

MIKE Anderson
Great coach.... Trying to win in the SEC is tough.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Kevin

if billy d gets fired at okc, you hire him the next day.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hogginintheville

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2018, 08:08:44 pm
if billy d gets fired at okc, you hire him the next day.

Will never happen. He hates us for the way we treated Pelphrey.

Razorbacks#1

Well, apparently, we need to go get the last coach that beat Florida on their home court.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Knot2brite

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on January 17, 2018, 08:13:56 pm
Well, apparently, we need to go get the last coach that beat Florida on their home court.
Nolan has no interest in coming back

Oliver

Quote from: maggiesue on January 17, 2018, 07:55:28 pm
Anyone with a pulse.  This is the worst basketball in the country to watch.  No offense, lazy defense and a coach that just stares at the court regardless of what is happening.  I watched 10 minutes of it tonight and said I am done...not gonna watch anymore.

Give yourself some credit.  You watched 10 more minutes of the game than I did.

hobhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 17, 2018, 07:28:59 pm
Chris Beard. Doubt he'd leave tho. Brad Underwood is a good coach, but he just got to Illinois. I like the idea of Gregg McDermott for sure.

Beard isn't making much at TT. He can be had......

hobhog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on January 17, 2018, 08:06:07 pm
MIKE Anderson

Even his supporters are staring to look silly.....

hobhog

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 17, 2018, 08:16:17 pm
Nolan has no interest in coming back

Andy Kennedy? He beat them at home couple of days ago. Pretty much same record overall. Let's do it.

010HogFan

Quote from: PORKULATOR on January 17, 2018, 08:06:07 pm
MIKE Anderson

It has nothing to do with that. It's the eye test...this is a bad brand of basketball, we deserve much better.

Knot2brite

Quote from: hobhog on January 17, 2018, 08:26:58 pm
Andy Kennedy? He beat them at home couple of days ago. Pretty much same record overall. Let's do it.
I was assuming he meant Hog coach..sorry for the confusion

010HogFan

I wish we would go get Chris Beard. We would get good fast.

lynbug

I love these "what if" threads.  Gives me a good chuckle before bedtime.  And thank you...because right now I desperately need to laugh.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: AP85 on January 17, 2018, 07:37:13 pm

SMU up and comer.

I would much prefer an up and comer to a down and outer like we have now.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on January 17, 2018, 06:45:38 pm

I think Billy Donovan will be the next coach at Louisville.

One thing that is interesting is I think Arkansas would be the only major job open this off-season if we were to fire Mike. I don't see what others would be open.

my3boneheads

hogwood

Lavall Jordan at Butler. Young with lots of coaching experience.

If anyone was to come in I think it would be a good idea to keep Scotty Thurman on staff. He's proven to be a good recruiter who is making headway in his network - plus the obvious ties it would give a new HC to Fayetteville and the history of our program.

texas tush hog

Our coaching job is filled for at least the next three years, so come back then.

SONofHAM

Earl Grant at College of Charleston
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

hawgball40

Razorbacks#1

It is a good thing that I retired from being a MOD is this forum. It would have been sent to the trash
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!