Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I miss Nutt

Started by Lips, October 22, 2017, 11:28:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgboy64

Keep practicing, your aim will improve...
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hawgboy64 on October 22, 2017, 08:32:04 pm
Keep practicing, your aim will improve...
Why do you like Bielema so much?

East Clintwood

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on October 22, 2017, 03:38:21 pm
I pray none, and I quoted the wrong post; but Nutt and company dug in due to rabble rousing. CBB will either go on his own or be forced out, and none of these posts will have anything to do with it. I guess I'm more worried about us embarrassing ourselves again than anything else...

We are being embarrassed each and every Saturday on national TV.

Nothing that posters on a message board or people flying banners can do to even come close to what Jeffy is presenting to the world.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

PBistheman

Wimbly wombly, you know when I play the bass they say my face looks like a jellyfish

solitons

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 22, 2017, 08:44:40 pm

We are being embarrassed each and every Saturday on national TV.

Nothing that posters on a message board or people flying banners can do to even come close to what Jeffy is presenting to the world.
totally agreed, Long is the problem of all this mess

hog.goblin

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 22, 2017, 01:23:57 pm
What was Nutt's record against the East?  That's where the good teams were in his tenure.  I'll give you a hint, it ain't pretty.

7 - 3 vs. USCe
5 - 17 vs. the rest of the SEC east
12 - 20 vs. total the East

It's an apples and oranges comparison between Nutt's SEC West and Brett's SEC West.  Nutt wouldn't have fared well the last 5 years.  But alas, his win - loss record would surely be better than Brett's.  Let's hope if we are looking for a new coach or AD that Nutt's name never comes up.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Lips on October 22, 2017, 11:28:22 am
Like, I really do.....

Slap yourself in the face, then kick yourself in the privates.

1highhog

October 22, 2017, 10:32:41 pm #57 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 11:06:43 pm by 1highhog
Quote from: TrueBlue on October 22, 2017, 08:02:00 pm
LOL!! - Nutt coached the games given to him. Face it, he is a better coach, if you don't think so then you are sorely misinformed.

But, you're right, I am wrong.

I hope you love YOUR coach now. You deserve him. I hope he gets an extension for your sake. 

Alright a@@clown, let's get this straight, I'm totally against Bielema and want him gone more so than anyone and will gladly fly the plane if someone wants to make the banner and pay my fuel costs.  But if you think Nutt sack was a good coach and you love him so much after all the bulldarn he did while he was here then I'd like for you to meet me at the Alma Sonic so I can talk to you some boy.

Letsroll1200

Houston Nutt was a solid coach and very good motivator. Several of my family members played football with him or Danny at LRCH.

I've heard nothing but great stories about Houston and the Nutt family. The guy would give you the shirt off his back. I know the hate for Nutt is from the Mitch Mustain situation. I know from the day he hired Gus to get some players in which only one was elite, he was done it Arkansas.

Always enjoyed the passion his teams played with.

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

clew

Quote from: solitons on October 22, 2017, 08:14:35 pm
I remember we went to Auburn, and beat them, they were ranked 2nd in the nation;
another great game, we beat LSU, they were ranked 1st in the nation,
HDN is a genius sometimes, so much excitement brought to us, and beat UK in 8 OTs, of course, he lost some bad games
Never played 8 OTs.
Pure as the dawn