Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Losing is one thing, this coaching staff is not competitive

Started by Lanny, October 22, 2017, 08:45:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Poker_hog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on October 22, 2017, 07:38:53 pm
We may take Ole Miss with Patterson out but don't see us beating any other conference foe.

I don't see us beating lsu or msu but they are both highly flawed teams.  Probably on the same level as A&M.  I think we would beat mizzou if there was something to play for.  I think there's still around a 10% chance we get 6 wins.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

hoglady

Quote from: Rbill on October 22, 2017, 07:43:10 pm
Don't they need to wait until Jan. 1st to save money?

With the early signing period - don't see how they could really afford to do that.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 22, 2017, 10:39:44 am
I will say this. He looks like he has checked out. No emotional investment at all.

But I was told that Jeff is adamant about Bret getting the full 6 years. He told someone directly 2 weeks ago that Bret needed and deserved more time. Now, if he flames the last 5 games, maybe something changes. But knowing his pattern, Jeff is gonna hang in there.

PRJ
This is what I heard. I was told " We lost"(hog fans) old powerful money alumni. Jeff will get a new contract. Doubtful he will fire Bielema. Was put to me just like I posted multiple times last nite. 71,000+ paid attendance, new construction, Basketball on the rise,baseballs great,academics,academics,academics. Big boosters aren't backing down n The BOT is split with slight edge to keeping things for 1 more year as they are. We have a much better schedule with7-8 sure wins on it.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Does Long put his new contract in jeopardy if he tries to hang on to Bret?
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on October 22, 2017, 08:06:28 pm
Does Long put his new contract in jeopardy if he tries to hang on to Bret?
no

One scenario is that Bret leaves on his own.

hoglady

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on October 22, 2017, 07:50:27 pm
I believe this is exactly right. I also think Long is closer personally to Bielema than he ever was to Pelphrey and he stuck with Pelphrey way too long. I believe he will allow Coach B to throw a couple of assistants under the bus and fire them and talk about all the good Bielema has done since coming here with all the details except winning games.
This will not surprise me in the least but it will be terribly discouraging for hard-core fans like most of us on Hogville.

Well - if that happens the hard core fans will be discouraged for sure - the casual fans will check out if they haven't already. The losing just about destroyed the basketball program.

Long's loyalty and duty is to the University of Arkansas and not an individual coach. What's best for the program should come first.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 22, 2017, 08:05:05 pm
This is what I heard. I was told " We lost"(hog fans) old powerful money alumni. Jeff will get a new contract. Doubtful he will fire Bielema. Was put to me just like I posted multiple times last nite. 71,000+ paid attendance, new construction, Basketball on the rise,baseballs great,academics,academics,academics. Big boosters aren't backing down n The BOT is split with slight edge to keeping things for 1 more year as they are. We have a much better schedule with7-8 sure wins on it.

What does that really accomplish.
He's an incompetent coach - so what if he wins 7 games next year and goes to the toilet bowl.
He'll be incompetent next year and the next and the next.
Are they going to wait until the fans just quit showing up at all - instead of showing up and exiting at half time.

McKdaddy

Quote from: hoglady on October 22, 2017, 08:21:59 pm

He's an incompetent coach - so what if he wins 7 games next year and goes to the toilet bowl.

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

code red

Quote from: Sundog on October 22, 2017, 08:55:24 am
Wishful thinking?  Betcha they give Bert 2018.  Hope I'm wrong.
They may but,. any assistant that stays is as good as toast for their next hire.  Those coaches are gonna walk at the end of the season if anyone wants them.  So, returning would be terminal anyway.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Inhogswetrust

Assuming we beat CC that makes him 3 - 5. Then that leaves four games left IN SEC play. He would thus have to win 3 of the last 4 SEC games to have an overall record of 6-6. The problem with that is the SEC record would be 3 -5. That losing record SEC this year alone should get him fired on top of his current Sec record and some embarrassing losses both in and out of conference. I doubt anyone would bet he wins 3 out of the 4 remaining conference games. I known I wouldn't. That being said he deserves to be given until the end of the year unless something spectacularly bad happens like losing to CC. Then that give Jeff time to secretly start looking.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

code red

Quote from: code red on October 22, 2017, 08:28:12 pm
That may be but,. any assistant that stays is as good as toast for their next hire.  Those coaches are gonna walk at the end of the season if anyone wants them.  So, returning would be terminal anyway.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: hoglady on October 22, 2017, 08:21:59 pm
What does that really accomplish.
Are they going to wait until the fans just quit showing up at all - instead of showing up and exiting at half time.

I feel the same way you do. But Long has repeatedly told us his priorities. To people like that they think this is a hiccup. A losing season with us having played many ranked teams with so many injuries,blah,blah, blah.Our hope is a couple of the board members reverse their stance. There are some who think like we do.

code red

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 22, 2017, 08:29:17 pm
Assuming we beat CC that makes him 3 - 5. Then that leaves four games left IN SEC play. He would thus have to win 3 of the last 4 SEC games to have an overall record of 6-6. The problem with that is the SEC record would be 3 -5. That losing record SEC this year alone should get him fired on top of his current Sec record and some embarrassing losses both in and out of conference. I doubt anyone would bet he wins 3 out of the 4 remaining conference games. I known I wouldn't. That being said he deserves to be given until the end of the year unless something spectacularly bad happens like losing to CC. Then that give Jeff time to secretly start looking.
First of all.  We will be 2-6 at 2pm next Saturday.  That is a fact Jack.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: code red on October 22, 2017, 08:28:12 pm
They may but,. any assistant that stays is as good as toast for their next hire.  Those coaches are gonna walk at the end of the season if anyone wants them.  So, returning would be terminal anyway.

IF I were a Hog assistant I would already have my Resume' out there floating around and have my representative secretly making contacts.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: code red on October 22, 2017, 08:32:35 pm

Probably so BUT facts don't happen in advance.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: code red on October 22, 2017, 08:32:35 pm
And in some folks mind, in 2 weeks we could be 4 n 5 with 3 games left.Let this goofball get to 6-6......

code red

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 22, 2017, 08:34:57 pm
Probably so BUT facts don't happen in advance.
Touche ...still yet 11 am.kick....in the Grove.  Nah it's fact. 

Justagp

birmingHAMette

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 22, 2017, 08:05:05 pm

I don't know how anyone could possibly think we have any sure wins next year if Bielema is the coach- no matter what the schedule.
That's a pretty disheartening scenario.
Go Hogs

Justagp

it's my understanding his buyout drops from 15m to 11.7 Dec.31.

HogFoo

Quote from: Lanny on October 22, 2017, 08:45:27 am
It's over for Bielema, no way he returns next season.  Not sure Arkansas will win a conference game, even Missouri is scoring lights out.
the only opportunity I see for a win may be with Ole Miss because they lost their starting QB.  But our luck they roll in some freshman QB who plays lights out in his 1st game.   Other than that, not sure. I thought maybe mizzou, but their offense looks good while their defense looks like crap , so who knows. Our Offense isn't close to theirs right now and our defense isn't much better after a team scores 17pts cuz the guys on defense know we can't score 17 so our defense gives up.  It's sad!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Kevin on October 22, 2017, 10:22:24 am
may get 5 wins now with Patterson out. but who knows.

What's the other 3 wins? CC, sure. Ole Miss? They can gash our D without the starting QB.  It's not that Ole Miss is that much better, it's that we are that much worse.  LSU? Despite the bad loss to Troy LSU is still a solid team with athletes. And Guise will have another record setting day against us. MissSt? Ditto. More horses and playing for a better bowl. Missouri? This MIGHT be a game we can win, but since our D is struggling and our OLine can't block, this game will be much like Ole Miss.

I don't see 5 wins. I really don't   
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

hoglady

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 22, 2017, 08:33:15 pm
IF I were a Hog assistant I would already have my Resume' out there floating around and have my representative secretly making contacts.

Can you imagine how horrible next year will be - if those assistants bolt and Bielema gets another year.
He'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel for assistant coaches. No one will want to come here and work for a dead man walking.

HognotinMemphis

No. If they have not fired him by the Saturday after Thanksgiving, he will get one more season. And if that happens, Arkansas athletics will be dead to me for the rest of my life. As if I never attending U of A and was never aware of Razorback football.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

alohawg

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 22, 2017, 07:51:40 pm
I don't see any point in him getting back into coaching. He's not very good at it.

Seriously, who would want him after this?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

moses_007

JaketheSnake

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 23, 2017, 12:08:44 am
No. If they have not fired him by the Saturday after Thanksgiving, he will get one more season. And if that happens, Arkansas athletics will be dead to me for the rest of my life. As if I never attending U of A and was never aware of Razorback football.
So dramatic...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: oldhog63 on October 22, 2017, 02:21:50 pm
Soccer games are rarely blow-outs. When half the stadium leaves at half and is almost completely empty at the end of the third quarter, then I doubt the clients have been entertained. We are not competitive enough at this point to make the games interesting, much less entertain anyone.

I hate soccer. A bunch of people kicking a ball around and not being able to use the appendage we use more than any other. No wait one person on each team can do so. What? Stupid. When a sport has little to no scoring 99% of the time then it doesn't lend itself to having a lot of blowouts.