Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alright, let’s see them! Who is in your top 3 and why?

Started by online-with-swine, October 22, 2017, 08:05:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

colbs

Venables, Campbell, and Strong.   Others I like are Morris, Fleck, Frost, Frank Wilson, Kiffin, Mullen. 

elkhog

Quote from: gawntrail on October 22, 2017, 11:55:13 am
We need a HC that is defense minded.  We need the overwhelming majority of focus on bringing in local, regional, and national recruits to that side of the ball.  Defense, Defense, Defense.  Then we can cycle OCs in to run some variation of the spread to keep that side of the ball exciting.  The stronger the defense, the better your record.  You only need the offense to score 1 more point.  You always need the defense to blank the opposition.

That would also solve a few other problems at the same time.  Speed, aggression, team continuity, and swagger.

Whomever we play, win or lose, they will know they were in a brawl come Sunday morning.

Arkansas should go for the gold.  Get Saban.  Surely after all these years he is ready for a real challenge.  Give him a raise and tell him to come make history.  He's won enough at Bama.
GO HOGS!!!

leroyhawg

Mrs. Nick Saban and or one of the kids, we could probably get her in the 10 million range, behind every successful man is a Great Lady!
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

Tusks

Changing my list.

Kiffin
Campbell
Norvell

The situation is fluid.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HOGINTENNESSEE

Kiffin- why he wants it. He can recruit at level we haven't seen and has learned from his previous HC experiences. Know's how to score in today's game.

Butch Davis- Razorback he know how to recruit and would bring a great staff

Venables- dude is ready for it

jkelly107

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on October 22, 2017, 11:04:45 pm
BB had a great resume, we see how that's turned out.

Norvell, while not my first choice, would def be top three on the list and we could do much worse.

Yes he inherited a good situation, thanks to Fuente, but he hasn't missed a beat there.

He's a good coach, and one that won't be available for long.

Brett Bielema "inherited a good situation, thanks to Barry Alvarez, but didn't miss a beat there..."

How's that turned out for us?

ipigsooie

1. Norvell (I really hope we get this guy)
2. Gus
3. Strong

Kevin

I want a guy & his staff who will grind it out like the bama coaches do.

don't care about his media personality, his press conferences can be like belichek

just put a team on the field that can compete & win games.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Michael D Huff AIA

island hog

Thoughts on Tee Martin?  Would bring him back to the South and maybe open some recruiting doors...

Beaverfever

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2017, 12:19:20 am
Changing my list.

Kiffin
Campbell
Norvell
This is mine.  I'd be thrilled with any of the three. 

hoghiker

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 23, 2017, 12:51:17 am
Kiffin- why he wants it. He can recruit at level we haven't seen and has learned from his previous HC experiences. Know's how to score in today's game.

Butch Davis- Razorback he know how to recruit and would bring a great staff

Venables- dude is ready for it

How old is Davis?

hogtrough

Quote from: island hog on October 23, 2017, 10:10:36 am
Thoughts on Tee Martin?  Would bring him back to the South and maybe open some recruiting doors...

No thanks. He just now became an OC for the first time in his career. Maybe after some more resume building.

PintailKiller

Quote from: online-with-swine on October 22, 2017, 08:12:26 am
I like Campbell but wonder about recruiting here.  Most of his time coaching has been in the rust belt.  But, the man can coach.

That is where Saban spent all his time before LSU as well - not saying that he will be a NS.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

CPL HOG

okrazorback

The Hawg Marshal

Ok I'll play along.

1. Norvell
2. Campbell
3. Morris

4. Gus

I really don't want Gus to ever be the coach, but if he was hired we win either way. First if he was successful , that's what we all want anyway, second if he fails, it should end all the Gus love once and for all.

hogsanity

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 23, 2017, 11:06:19 am
Ok I'll play along.

1. Norvell
2. Campbell
3. Morris

4. Gus

I really don't want Gus to ever be the coach, but if he was hired we win either way. First if he was successful , that's what we all want anyway, second if he fails, it should end all the Gus love once and for all.

Norvell just has a Kingsbury quality to him that I just do not like.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 11:11:03 am
Norvell just has a Kingsbury quality to him that I just do not like.
Yeah I've seen you post that several times. He's still at the top of my list. Not that it matters.lol

hogsanity

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 23, 2017, 11:12:57 am
Yeah I've seen you post that several times. He's still at the top of my list. Not that it matters.lol

I do not think he would do a bad job, I just do not think he is the next great coach like some here do ( not saying you think he is that great ).

I watched the Houston game last week and just knew that all anyone would talk about is how they came back and won. Well, you know, anytime a team has to come from way behind, it means they were way behind. Can't live that way for long.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

thebignasty

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 22, 2017, 11:13:45 pm
Head Coaches -

PJ Fleck - we can dream, right?
Mike Norvell
Chad Morris
Matt Campbell
Bryan Harsin
Major Applewhite

Coordinators -

Tee Martin
Walt Bell
Sonny Cumbie
Brent Venables
Jeremy Pruitt

I don't want Fleck, and can't disassociate Major Applewhite from the time we broke him in the cotton bowl, unfair as that id.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 11:23:42 am
I do not think he would do a bad job, I just do not think he is the next great coach like some here do ( not saying you think he is that great ).

I watched the Houston game last week and just knew that all anyone would talk about is how they came back and won. Well, you know, anytime a team has to come from way behind, it means they were way behind. Can't live that way for long.
We all have our own ideas and opinions on who would be a good coach. The truth is none of us really know how any of these guys would work out. Long thought(and so did the experts) that he had hit a home-run when he hired Bret. There are so many variables that come in to play, it's a high stakes crap shoot. At the end of the day I'll get behind whoever the next coach is whether he was my choice or not. I did it with Bret, the next guy deserves at least that much, just for taking the job on.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on October 23, 2017, 08:59:01 am
Brett Bielema "inherited a good situation, thanks to Barry Alvarez, but didn't miss a beat there..."

How's that turned out for us?

Yeah because Memphis and Wisconsin programs are anywhere close to the same. Wisconsin has had several different HC's and yet the product stays generally the same.

That is not Memphis AT ALL, and I know that program very well. Any coach that can build that program (Fuente) or maintain the upward trajectory once its established is a good coach in my book.

I mean they're only a couple years away from serious talks of ending the football program all together it was so bad.

As I said he's not #1 on my list but we could do a lot worse.

Also Barry was still at Whisky holding BB's hand. No one is holding Norvell's hand, Fuente is long gone to VT.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

I'd go with Chad Morris. It's not all about experience and record as it is about fit with the program. Morris would bring an exciting offense, strong Texas recruiting ties, and a youthful energy to the program.

He just feels like the right fit that could get some things going here. I think there are some pieces in place here for his offense to really take off quick. He just needs to bring in a good DC.

hogsanity

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 23, 2017, 11:32:56 am
We all have our own ideas and opinions on who would be a good coach. The truth is none of us really know how any of these guys would work out. Long thought(and so did the experts) that he had hit a home-run when he hired Bret. There are so many variables that come in to play, it's a high stakes crap shoot. At the end of the day I'll get behind whoever the next coach is whether he was my choice or not. I did it with Bret, the next guy deserves at least that much, just for taking the job on.

Agreed.

GuvHog

Quote from: colbs on October 22, 2017, 11:47:22 pm
Venables, Campbell, and Strong.   Others I like are Morris, Fleck, Frost, Frank Wilson, Kiffin, Mullen. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Venables get the nod for 2 reasons:

1. He's more than ready to be a D1 Head coach.

2. The U of A wouldn't have to pay much of a buyout to get him.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

mj4president

Now some of these aren't exciting but could get the job done.

1. Bill Callahan- Experience at both the pro and college levels.
2. Dennis Franchione- He knows what it takes to beat Bama and would like revenge for how he was treated.
3. Paul Johnson- Don't like his O but he's a proven winner.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 23, 2017, 12:46:10 pm
To those saying Matt Campbell:  http://footballscoop.com/news/anyone-coming-matt-campbell-better-prepared-break-bank/

Worth it, IMO.  Think of how much money we've sunk into Bielema.  Do that again, and Campbell will look like a bargain.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Arkansasfan4206

GuvHog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 23, 2017, 01:34:57 pm
Worth it, IMO.  Think of how much money we've sunk into Bielema.  Do that again, and Campbell will look like a bargain.

Since the U of A will have to spend around 6 Million to let Bret go, I seriously doubt they'll be willing to shell out a high buyot to get a new coach.

Wildhog

Quote from: GuvHog on October 23, 2017, 02:10:43 pm
Since the U of A will have to spend around 6 Million to let Bret go, I seriously doubt they'll be willing to shell out a high buyot to get a new coach.

Like I said, bring in a coordinator that doesn't work out and it will look like a bargain in the long run.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Boarsnest

GuvHog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 23, 2017, 02:20:54 pm
Like I said, bring in a coordinator that doesn't work out and it will look like a bargain in the long run.

But if bringing in a Coordinator DOES work out (and I believe Venables will do very well), it will look like a Genius move that saved a lot of money.

Wildhog

Quote from: Boarsnest on October 23, 2017, 02:26:22 pm
Norvell
Frost
Brohm

I don't understand how you have Norvell above the guy that just obliterated him.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Boarsnest

Quote from: Wildhog on October 23, 2017, 02:27:44 pm
I don't understand how you have Norvell above the guy that just obliterated him.

I didn't place them in order, thus no numbers.

I would also be happy with Venables.

The_Iceman

I don't think Frost would come here. Nebraska will go hard after him. Tennessee might as well. And if Florida came open....

ipigsooie

Might be because getting Norvell is more realistic than Frost. Who knows? Frost may come but i see him going to either his Alma Mater or another big program. Norvell sees this as a destination job. That would be why i would list Norvell ahead of Frost. Both would be great hires.

Hawghiggs

Why in the hell would Matt Campbell come here? He's about the hottest name in coaching right now. If he turns Iowa state into a winning program. He could have any job in the country!

texas tush hog

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 23, 2017, 02:41:52 pm
Why in the hell would Matt Campbell come here? He's about the hottest name in coaching right now. If he turns Iowa state into a winning program. He could have any job in the country!

Tennessee has his contract drawn up, waiting for his agent to sign it. Norvell is our man.

Wildhog

Yeah, I'm starting to doubt we can get Frost or Campbell.  They'll have big time programs coming hard after them.
1909/1964/1965/1977

texasdvm

Until we get like Alabama was about loosing, "sick and tired of it  and I am not taking it more". we will put up with the Longs and Bielemas of this world.  We have to want a change that will bring winning and nothing less.  That is how the Coaches Broyles and his assistants were, Coach Holtz and Coach Hatfield.  We have a soft, politically correct AD and administration.  Coach Broyles gave us all these winning programs because he only hired coaches that insisted on winning.  Basketball, track and baseball were all nothing sports until Broyles hired Sutton, McDonald and Debryn.  Good character men who insisted on players that gave it their all to win.  Let us go get this kind of AD and Head Football Coach.

Wildhog

Quote from: Boarsnest on October 23, 2017, 02:28:59 pm
I didn't place them in order, thus no numbers.

I would also be happy with Venables.

Apologies.  Thought that was in order.
1909/1964/1965/1977

phadedhawg

1.  Not Bielema
2.  Someone other than Bielema
3.  Definitely not Bielema 

I'd be content with any of those.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 22, 2017, 10:19:13 pm
Gus - He couldn't get it done with three times the talent we have, but Arkansas

Miles - He couldn't get it done with four times the talent we have, but corndogs

Kiffin - He couldn't get it done with four times the talent we have, but his wife
Kiffin is divorced now.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 23, 2017, 02:45:47 pm

Tennessee has his contract drawn up, waiting for his agent to sign it. Norvell is our man.

I wouldn't mind giving Chad Morris a solid look. We really need to repair our Texas connections and a hire like him might actually do it.

Wildhog

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 23, 2017, 04:46:05 pm
I wouldn't mind giving Chad Morris a solid look. We really need to repair our Texas connections and a hire like him might actually do it.

With every SMU win, Morris looks better and better. 

2-10, 5-7, and sitting at 5-2 right now.  After inheriting a burning couch in a dumpster fire, he's doing an incredible job at SMU. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgdeere48

Quote from: secfan30 on October 22, 2017, 10:46:41 pm
Leach
Kiffin
Norvell

Exciting offenses who could possibly help us close the talent gap with the style they play.
I'm good with this list but I prefer it be the top of this list!

Hollywood870