Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Long Gone

Started by Pork Twain, October 14, 2017, 04:12:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Twain

Who is your choice to replace him and why?

Try to be realistic about who are peers are and what would be a step up for an AD vs a step down or a lateral move.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/08/17/athletic-director-rankings-joe-castiglione-kevin-white

I here Jurich is looking
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hogcard1964

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

hogcard1964

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 14, 2017, 04:16:21 am
I am speaking Arkansas, shut your dirty Alabama mouth.  ;)

Enjoy the game.

hogcard1964

Someone from Canada.

The folks that use the Yankee label, would pop like tics.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 14, 2017, 04:13:57 am
Is?

Obviously you never read the link that shows just how highly respected Long is as an AD.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PygmalionEffect2

Subtle brag of waking up at 4:45am.

As far as ADs go,

I got nothing. 

Long is over-rated.  That I know for sure.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Pork Twain

Same here, I am not a big tracker of ADs.  I mean, I know a lot hate ours, but not real sure if there is an upgrade out there or we are going to get a shitbag.

buldozer

I just hope the university hires someone with Arkansas ties this time! This experiment with a nonarkansan was a total failure IMO

hogcard1964

Quote from: buldozer on October 14, 2017, 06:08:56 am
I just hope the university hires someone with Arkansas ties this time! This experiment with a nonarkansan was a total failure IMO

Lou Brock?

Hoggie17

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 14, 2017, 04:12:23 am

Try to be realistic about who are peers are and what would be a step up for an AD vs a step down or a lateral move.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/08/17/athletic-director-rankings-joe-castiglione-kevin-white

I here Jurich is looking
He had winning programs in basketball and football, his lady basketball did quite well also.

jkstock04

I honestly just want a guy who sets some winning expectations for the football program. I think Bielema has been way too damn comfortable here up til this year.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

JackTNHogfan

Nolan would have been my choice to replace JFB if things hadn't ended so badly.  There is no way he could do it now even though the wounds are healed up.  But, what about DVH?  We need some Arkansas blood in that seat.  I don't care that he doesn't have any business experience.  He runs a team and runs it well.  He would do the same with his athletic director role.  The question is could he do both?

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on October 14, 2017, 06:49:00 am
Nolan would have been my choice to replace JFB if things hadn't ended so badly.  There is no way he could do it now even though the wounds are healed up.  But, what about DVH?  We need some Arkansas blood in that seat.  I don't care that he doesn't have any business experience.  He runs a team and runs it well.  He would do the same with his athletic director role.  The question is could he do both?

^^^ this.  DVH

sigpooie

Man we really have good people in the system that can do more for the winning siDE of this problem. I hope he's looking..I'll bet that who ever it is uses bazzell in coaching search, esp with award connection. Man, how in the hell does ark not have great coaches with that many top assistants coming here once a year. Frank. Louis and Kenny would have feasted on this deal, and the ad would have helped them. Long reminds me of this quote..sure looked pretty..
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

PorkRinds

Quote from: GoldCoastHog on October 14, 2017, 06:51:01 am
^^^ this.  DVH

I'd rather our baseball team continue to be good.

BigK_HogHeaven

We need someone with business sense, like JL, but we also need someone who can enhance the game day experience. I'm so tired of all these ads and honoring sponsors during every single time out. It completely sucks the life out of the stadium. AND BRING BACK HOG WILD BY HANK JR.

PorkRinds

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on October 14, 2017, 07:33:09 am
We need someone with business sense, like JL, but we also need someone who can enhance the game day experience. I'm so tired of all these ads and honoring sponsors during every single time out. It completely sucks the life out of the stadium. AND BRING BACK HOG WILD BY HANK JR.

That's not happening no matter who is AD.

trphog

Give me the Del Conte fellow from TCU. He'll do.

Pig in the Pokey

Long aint gone, try to keep up.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hogwild

What about Dave Van Horn?

Seems a number of our other conference schools have gone down this route with some success.

sowmonella

Why someone with Arkansas ties? Have we ever had an AD with Arkansas ties?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ricepig

Quote from: sowmonella on October 17, 2017, 04:06:54 pm
Why someone with Arkansas ties? Have we ever had an AD with Arkansas ties?

I think all of them have worn a tie with Razorbacks on it, oh, you mean originally from Arkansas, not from my memory......

MJ2

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 14, 2017, 04:12:23 am

I here Jurich is looking
I'm merely trying to take it one step at a time.

First of all, at least based on my knowledge, we still have a HC employed for next year. Whether that's considered good or bad, I most certainly consider it the latter, all the talk and speculation about who might be our next HC is exactly that.

Secondly, that brings us to the AD slot. I realize there's been a lot of speculation that Long has been in contact with other programs concerning a possible move. The most persistent was the one recently filled at Nebraska. Again, how much of this is "smoke" and how much actual flames I have no clue. Whatever the case, I'll not speculate/offer my two cents on who might be a candidate for this slot until it becomes relevant.

WilsonHog

It would appear that the naysayers have been tamped down.

Tusks

I just don't see how you can keep BB another season and not have the whole thing implode to ashes.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

radar

It is not surprising that the gutless lapdogs on the BOT will keep Long.

snoblind

The previous experiment worked out pretty good...

HardCore

Be careful there!  I brought up the Arkansas connection for AD in another thread and the Longlovers went Ape 5#1+.  They even started pivoting that JFB was not an Arkansan.  Yeah, but JFB won a national title for this University.  What has Long done?  I mean REALLY done?  Buy some new buildings and a stadium expansion?  Whoopie!  That's the easy crap.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

harrisburghog

Without the firing of Petrino Jeff Long is just another AD no one knows about.

The Boar War

Quote from: sowmonella on October 17, 2017, 04:54:55 pm
Unless he goes O fer,  CBB is too.

I just don't see it.  Next season is going to be worse than this one.  Bielema will either take another job or be fired.

DeltaBoy

Harold Horton or Terry Don.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: radar on October 17, 2017, 06:22:47 pm
It is not surprising that the gutless lapdogs on the BOT will keep Long.

Those gutless lapdogs have a lot more important things to consider and worry about than who is the coach or AD.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hoghearted

Quote from: harrisburghog on October 18, 2017, 07:33:45 am
Without the firing of Petrino Jeff Long is just another AD no one knows about.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Next1_04

If I won the lotto id have a lot of money.

If the you go to a football game they throw, run, and kick footballs.

If you go to a basketball game, they play with a basketball.

This is fun.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 17, 2017, 04:59:16 pm
It would appear that the naysayers have been tamped down.
The ADG story that the buyout is only $5.9 million rather than $15 million took the oxygen out of the movement to get rid of Long. (I assume it was leaked by someone in the athletic department with just that intent.)

PharmacistHog

Bielema will be gone. Long will stay. Bazzel needs to keep designing trophies and making western sizzlin commercials.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

hoghearted

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 18, 2017, 08:33:51 am
Bielema will be gone. Long will stay. Bazzel needs to keep designing trophies and making western sizzlin commercials.

Hallelujah.

Svrdhd

The University of Arkansas will not be forcing out Jeff Long. He won't and shouldn't be held personally responsible for Beilema's lack of progress over 5 years, but he can be called to task if he allows the deterioration of the football program to continue any further.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

outlawhogeywells

HE did interview for the Nebraska job.  So he is looking.  I say send him to Louisville and let him and Bobby rekindle there "friendship"
As for a replacement, since Long is always saying this is a business.  Hire a CFO type guy or a president or past president of a company to run the department and then have him hire athletic people to support. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on October 18, 2017, 08:47:48 am
HE did interview for the Nebraska job.  So he is looking. I say send him to Louisville and let him and Bobby rekindle there "friendship"
As for a replacement, since Long is always saying this is a business.  Hire a CFO type guy or a president or past president of a company to run the department and then have him hire athletic people to support. 

You know these two things how? You use Guv as a source?

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on October 14, 2017, 07:33:09 am
It really sucks the live when every timeout we have another CEO or Company President get honored. I would allow them to honor me during the game and it is every timeout Long introduces some bigtime donor. It's way to much.

theFlyingHog

Long got us CBP and CBB is a head-scratcher of a bust as head Hog, was a good hire prior to playing games under him. Long's next hire will be a good one.

smb

Where is the indication Long is leaving?
GeorgiaHOG