Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BB recruit Jeremy Jacob

Started by The Recruiting Guy, November 02, 2008, 07:38:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Arkansas is in very good shape with Jeremy. I like Arkansas' chances.

Hogeyeblind

Is he eligible to sign in the early period?

Hogbody

I'm sorry, but what happened to all the big names that were being mentioned?

This guy could be some great find and all, but it just feels like we have seen this type of story before.

linze82

smite me bishes

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Hogbody on November 02, 2008, 08:05:20 pm

This guy could be some great find and all, but it just feels like we have seen this type of story before.
I hate to be negative, but I agree.  If we get him, we will have beaten out Auburn and UAB.  I see that he was a 4-star out of HS, but the biggest schools in on him were Georgia and Ole Miss.  Not big time basketball programs.

Jacob looks like he will be a bruiser and could turn out to be a very solid player, but what happened to the names like Derrick Favors, Lance Stephenson and Shaun Williams?

I'm giving it time though.  This class of freshman that we have right now should help get us back on the map and that will help us bring in the big time prospects.

jacksonhawg

Guys, the 94 National Championship team was not full of big time recruits (besides Corliss). We just had a top 15 recruiting class by all accounts, so far we have a 4* and a solid JC guy for the 2009 class. I think Pel is well on his way to greatness here at UA with guys such as these. I believe he is trying to find players that fit his system, not necessarily players that recruiting services have at the top of the rankings.

yraciv

I agree with you guys on big names, but seeing he was Top 100 out of HS makes me feel a little better.  Still curious what happened to Shaun Williams, who I felt we could get.

TheShow

And don't forget the potential of the instate class of 2011!  The future looks bright!

mbgrulz

2009 is a weird class for hoops.

Powell is a steal for sure, but other than that, it is a strange class.

Our best in-staters are either committed elsewhere, or not SEC caliber.

Our most promising recruit (Shawn Williams) committed to Texas along with 2 other guys at his position, and both are ranked higher than him.

Watch out for Pel to pull out a stunner in 2010. 2011 is the class that everyone is hard over, but in 2010 we on Luke Cawthorn. We are also on some good memphis area kids.

Porkatarian

Quote from: Hogbody on November 02, 2008, 08:05:20 pm

You do realize that Kentucky, Auburn, and Oregon all have offerred this guy.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

FredZ

that is some good news on the Jacob front ;D