Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Off-Season so, for those of you who are 16 team play-off advocates...

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, January 27, 2018, 08:29:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

What if the initial bracket in a 16 team play-off had included these match-ups? Who would have advanced to the next 8, the next 4, the final 2? Also, why do you think all of that might have happened to work out that way?

You never know what might have happened with different match-ups (the any given day thing). Would it have still wound up an All-SEC NCG? Let's say that these would have been the initial games and match-ups and those who advanced to the 2nd Round.

1st Round                                      2nd Round
Georgia vs. Miami                            Georgia vs. Wisconsin?
Oklahoma vs. Notre Dame                 
Alabama vs. USC                             Oklahoma vs. Penn State?                           
UCF vs. Northwestern                     
Ohio State vs. Michigan St.               Alabama vs. Clemson?             
Clemson vs. Auburn                         
Memphis vs. Penn State                   UCF vs. Ohio State?
Wisconsin vs. Washington
Go Hogs Go!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Honestly..? Bama and UCF would have taken the wind out of Bama and UGA would have won it all. That's just my initial gut feeling.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hobhog

8 team is plenty. And I think you'd have to play the first round at the higher seeds stadium. Too much travel for fans to go on road 3 times.

okrazorback

Quote from: hobhog on January 27, 2018, 09:42:43 am
8 team is plenty. And I think you'd have to play the first round at the higher seeds stadium. Too much travel for fans to go on road 3 times.

That is your opinion. I think 16 would still not be enough to be fair, but where do you go from there? They would still be decided by someone who is to play these games to start with, but there is still no way it would be fair. Look at basketball tournament There are 65 teams and still some are left out. I am not advocating a 65 team playoff for football, but it would still be exciting if you could.

hobhog

Quote from: okrazorback on January 27, 2018, 02:03:01 pm
That is your opinion. I think 16 would still not be enough to be fair, but where do you go from there? They would still be decided by someone who is to play these games to start with, but there is still no way it would be fair. Look at basketball tournament There are 65 teams and still some are left out. I am not advocating a 65 team playoff for football, but it would still be exciting if you could.

Wow. How about just cancel the reagular season and start the playoffs in early October....

redeye

I'm fine with how it is now.  We'll never have enough teams to make us happy.  The more pressing problem is committee selection, imo.

Poker_hog

Quote from: hobhog on January 27, 2018, 09:42:43 am

Yep and get rid of the conference championship games.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: redeye on January 27, 2018, 03:31:11 pm
I'm fine with how it is now.  We'll never have enough teams to make us happy.  The more pressing problem is committee selection, imo.

I'm more of a fan of a statistical compilation based on various relevant stats to develop a rank rather than the human interaction. Both can have flaws, but there are more potential flaws when human votes and opinions tend to come into play.
Go Hogs Go!

bballjws2004

To me it is easy.  6 teams: 5 power conference champions plus best group of 5 champion.  Top two seeds get a bye.  No controversy.  Win your conference or don't get in.

870rzrback

Quote from: okrazorback on January 27, 2018, 02:03:01 pm
16 is way too many.  8 is too many. Start letting 3 and 4 loss teams in the playoffs and that's not fair to the undefeated or one loss teams. Just think if the razorbacks were to somehow go undefeated and win the sec championship game, beat 3 other top programs in the playoffs and then lose to a 4 loss team in the championship game. That would be some bull sh*t. Not to mention once you start letting 3 and 4 loss teams in you'll have way more arguments over which 3 and 4 loss teams should be in than you do which one or 2 loss teams should be in now. Personally I'd rather go back to the bcs. Sure it's not perfect but they got it right more often than not.  At least that way only teams who had really good, near perfect seasons would get a chance to be champions

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bballjws2004 on January 27, 2018, 05:08:24 pm
To me it is easy.  6 teams: 5 power conference champions plus best group of 5 champion.  Top two seeds get a bye.  No controversy.  Win your conference or don't get in.

That's "easy" but perhaps not the most correct. You could easily have a second place P-5 team that deserves to be in over another P-5 Conf Champ and certainly over a G-5 Champ. So you want "easy" or the best teams in for the best level of competition among those that deserve to be there?
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: 870rzrback on January 27, 2018, 05:12:16 pm
16 is way too many.  8 is too many. Start letting 3 and 4 loss teams in the playoffs and that's not fair to the undefeated or one loss teams. Just think if the razorbacks were to somehow go undefeated and win the sec championship game, beat 3 other top programs in the playoffs and then lose to a 4 loss team in the championship game. That would be some bull sh*t. Not to mention once you start letting 3 and 4 loss teams in you'll have way more arguments over which 3 and 4 loss teams should be in than you do which one or 2 loss teams should be in now. Personally I'd rather go back to the bcs. Sure it's not perfect but they got it right more often than not.  At least that way only teams who had really good, near perfect seasons would get a chance to be champions

8 is not too many, in fact it is probably the right number over the current 4. Many want the 16 team but personally, I think that is too many. 4 is too few, so is 6, but 8 probably includes a group of teams whose level of achievement and competition is such that any of them among those 8 could legitimately play competitively for the NC in a play off. 
Go Hogs Go!

thebignasty

Quote from: bballjws2004 on January 27, 2018, 05:08:24 pm

I like 6 teams, but I think you take the 'best' 6.  There will always be controversy, but 6 gets the most in with the least extension of the season, and gives being 1 or 2 the advantage it deserves.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

PorkSoda

Quote from: Poker_hog on January 27, 2018, 03:52:31 pm
Yep and get rid of the conference championship games.
getting rid of the conference championship games?  in favor of an extra bowl game?  lol.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

bballjws2004

Quote from: thebignasty on January 27, 2018, 05:45:25 pm
I like 6 teams, but I think you take the 'best' 6.  There will always be controversy, but 6 gets the most in with the least extension of the season, and gives being 1 or 2 the advantage it deserves.

I think this takes all the controversy out of it, because there is almost no subjectivity.  Let teams play it out on the field.  As someone said above, a second team in a conference could "deserve" it more, but that is very subjective.  You could also say they don't deserve it because they didn't win their conference.  This year it would have been Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson, Oklahoma, USC, and UCF.   

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bballjws2004 on January 27, 2018, 06:00:02 pm
I think this takes all the controversy out of it, because there is almost no subjectivity.  Let teams play it out on the field.  As someone said above, a second team in a conference could "deserve" it more, but that is very subjective.  You could also say they don't deserve it because they didn't win their conference.  This year it would have been Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson, Oklahoma, USC, and UCF.   

Yes and the argument could be made that Ohio State didn't deserve to be included because they were thoroughly beaten by Oklahoma.

And as we have seen, leaving Alabama out of the mix would not have produced the eventual Champion.

USC had 1 ranked win all season (if you go by who was ranked at the end of the season) and had 2 ranked losses, despite winning the Pac 12.

UCF had 1 ranked win all season and played a weaker schedule, but they probably would have deserved being involved in an 8 team play-off.

That's why it needs to be 8 teams and not 8 teams on the judgment of a committee.
Go Hogs Go!

j-mann

6 or 8 

6 wouild be  all power 5 champ and 1 WC   
8 wouild be all power 5 champ 3 wc   

6 wouild be  1 Clem 2 Okle 3 uga 4 Ohio St 5 USC 6 UCF   
8 wouild be same ex 7 Wisc 8 bama   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

PorkSoda

Quote from: j-mann on January 27, 2018, 06:42:52 pm
6 or 8 

if you are going 6 you might as well go 8.  I wouldn't go any farther than 8 though.

4 seems to do a decent job, even if its not perfect.  but it makes good TV to debate about who should get in and who should get left out.

its also interesting to note that both the lower ranked teams #3 and #4 beat their higher ranked opponents this season year.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

MuskogeeHogFan

6 or 8 

I know it might seem complicated but a statistical ranking using several factors, taking the human element out of the selection, might be a way of producing a more desirable and deserving ranking system for the play-offs, especially if they would go to 8 teams.

This is far from perfect but it might include teams that are more deserving of a shot at an 8 team play-off system.

Look at each team and award points for each of the following in a Ranked Seeding system based on total Seed points.

-Team Net Yards P/Play: Offensive net YPP minus defensive net YPP (example: 2.2 team net YPP = 2.2 pts.)
-Team T/O Margin: A T/O Margin of .23 adds the same number of points. A -.23 detracts from the total.
-SOS: Another simple one. Add the SOS (.618 or whatever it is) to the total.
-Quality of Wins/Losses/Schedule: This one is a little more complicated. At the end of the season (after CCG's):
        1) Add up the number of Ranked Wins and assign 5 points for each one.
        2) Add up the number of Ranked Losses and assign -5 points for each one.
        3) Add up the number of Unranked Wins and assign 1 point for each one.
        4) Add up the number of Unranked Losses and assign -10 points for each one.
        5) Add up the number of games played against FCS level opponents and assign -5 points for each one.

Sum all of those assigned points by team and it produces the following after week 15 of this season (post CCG's but before bowls) for an 8 team play-off. Again, I'm not suggesting this is perfect by any means, but I like it better than having the opinions of a panel of people interfere with outcomes. This goes more to quality of play overall.

Wk 15 Play-Off
     Ranking            Seed           Teams
         3                   1              Georgia
         2                   2              Oklahoma
        12                  3               UCF
         4                   4              Alabama
         1                   5              Clemson
         5                   6              Ohio State
         6                   7              Wisconsin
         7                   8              Auburn
Through 16:
         8                   9              USC
        10                 10              Miami-FL
         9                  11              Penn State
        20                 12              Memphis
        11                 13              Washington
        14                 14              Notre Dame
        16                 15              Michigan State
        NR                 16              S. Florida 
Go Hogs Go!

jgphillips3

8 is plenty but yes, there is a great chance Alabama and Georgia would have made it through.  In 4 games against elite competition, talent wins.  In a "one off", an upstart can win.  UCF wouldn't have made it past the second round.  That is also what makes the SEC so tough and so consistently good.  8 week's of head knocking.

CDBHawg

Take the Power 5 conference champs.

Highest ranked G5 champ.

10 at large.

8 would be better. Just do 2 at large.

redeye

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 27, 2018, 04:50:45 pm
I'm more of a fan of a statistical compilation based on various relevant stats to develop a rank rather than the human interaction. Both can have flaws, but there are more potential flaws when human votes and opinions tend to come into play.

Yea, same here.  I preferred the BCS.  The committee is essentially the polls with fewer voices, behind closed doors.  It's the worst option, yet, imo.

Poker_hog

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 27, 2018, 05:53:18 pm
getting rid of the conference championship games?  in favor of an extra bowl game?  lol.

Yes.  It's the same teams in both games.  If you're going to force them to play an extra game get rid of one.

Poker_hog

6 or 8 

8 would work. All 5 power conference champs.  Highest ranked non power 5 team and 2 wild cards.

Uberanubis

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Uberanubis on January 28, 2018, 02:40:33 pm
this is, imo, the best 16 team play off bracket, and i would be a big supporter of this.

https://sports.yahoo.com/heres-radical-new-college-football-playoff-plan-possibly-end-complaining-022518359.html

There is a lot of "fail" in Pat Forde's article. Those conferences that need to add teams are not going to add those teams that he mentioned and he knows that to begin with. He is just writing an article to appeal to the masses in the off season and gain "clicks" for an idea that he knows full well will never happen.
Go Hogs Go!

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Uberanubis on January 28, 2018, 02:40:33 pm
this is, imo, the best 16 team play off bracket, and i would be a big supporter of this.

https://sports.yahoo.com/heres-radical-new-college-football-playoff-plan-possibly-end-complaining-022518359.html

I don't think the P5 conferences will go for giving up their Conference Championship Games. Here's what I'd propose based on an assumption that the B12 dissolves:

1. Expand the Playoff to 12 teams.
2. The P4 (SEC, ACC, Big Ten, and Pac-12) Conference Champions get a first round bye and home field advantage in Round 2.
3. Guarantee 4 bids to the G5 conferences and 4 at-large bids to the next highest ranked teams. Home field advantage in Round 1 goes to the highest seeded teams.
4. The Final Four and Championship Game are played on neutral sites.

This arrangement rewards the P4 Conference Champions in a meaningful way. It gives access to the G5 which creates the potential for a Cinderella story like Basketball. It leaves the door open for a team like Bama which was clearly better than the Champions of some of the other conferences.

rogersvillemohog

Here's a novel idea, how about an 8-team playoff where the 8 best teams get in. Not the 5 conference champions (I'll be loling when 6-6 UCLA wins the PAC and gets in the playoff), the best G5 school, the best team with a horse-based mascot, and the best team whose head coach's name starts with a Z get in.

The.
Eight.
Best.
Teams.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Flrazrback

At some point you begin to delute the importance of merits based upon the regular season. 8 spots would be PLENTY

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on January 28, 2018, 03:02:44 pm
I don't think the P5 conferences will go for giving up their Conference Championship Games. Here's what I'd propose based on an assumption that the B12 dissolves:

1. Expand the Playoff to 12 teams.
2. The P4 (SEC, ACC, Big Ten, and Pac-12) Conference Champions get a first round bye and home field advantage in Round 2.
3. Guarantee 4 bids to the G5 conferences and 4 at-large bids to the next highest ranked teams. Home field advantage in Round 1 goes to the highest seeded teams.
4. The Final Four and Championship Game are played on neutral sites.

This arrangement rewards the P4 Conference Champions in a meaningful way. It gives access to the G5 which creates the potential for a Cinderella story like Basketball. It leaves the door open for a team like Bama which was clearly better than the Champions of some of the other conferences.http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=post;msg=11351662;topic=656216.0

I'm not sure where you guys think that anyone in college football deserves a first round bye? No first round byes. You play the games, you win the games, you advance. It's either 4, 8 or 16 teams but no one deserves or should get any kind of a 1st round bye. The "any given day" factor comes into play too often to allow anyone a bye. As for the G-5 teams, if they deserve to be involved allow them to compete like anyone else. In my scenario above UCF would have been included in a 8 team format this season. But let's face it, that is more rare than not. JMO
Go Hogs Go!

Cinco de Hogo

Doesn't really matter to me because I believe the best team has been in the playoff since the BCS began and has won more st of the time.  If the best team didn't win then the team that did was a very good team also.  In ANY playoff when it becomes a one game season there is always a chance.

I prefer 8 simply because outside of winning the SEC with a perfect record it gives us a outsiders chance.  For me even considering Arkansas, 16 is too many.

As for Musk scenario I think the four teams in the playoff would have also represented the ONE team that won it all so all the others didn't stand a chance in hades of being NC's.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 28, 2018, 04:22:36 pm
I'm not sure where you guys think that anyone in college football deserves a first round bye? No first round byes. You play the games, you win the games, you advance. It's either 4, 8 or 16 teams but no one deserves or should get any kind of a 1st round bye. The "any given day" factor comes into play too often to allow anyone a bye. As for the G-5 teams, if they deserve to be involved allow them to compete like anyone else. In my scenario above UCF would have been included in a 8 team format this season. But let's face it, that is more rare than not. JMO

My system puts a premium on winning your conference championship while giving some flexibility to get the best teams in. And because this is College Football and not the NFL, it creates an opportunity for the "little guy" to catch lightning in a bottle the same way the NCAA Basketball Tournament does. Sixteen teams in the Playoff diminishes the regular season and the Conference Championship Games, but eight is not enough if the NCAA is determined to give the G5 conferences a legitimate chance to play their way in and create the kind of underdog frenzy that they get from Basketball.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 28, 2018, 04:37:18 pm
Doesn't really matter to me because I believe the best team has been in the playoff since the BCS began and has won more st of the time.  If the best team didn't win then the team that did was a very good team also.  In ANY playoff when it becomes a one game season there is always a chance.

I prefer 8 simply because outside of winning the SEC with a perfect record it gives us a outsiders chance.  For me even considering Arkansas, 16 is too many.

As for Musk scenario I think the four teams in the playoff would have also represented the ONE team that won it all so all the others didn't stand a chance in hades of being NC's.

Still, the 8 team scenario presents more potential "what if" scenarios. I'm not sure that any team beyond a final 8 could make a good and legit argument for being competitive in a NC Play-Off scenario, but I am pretty sure that the top 8 can do so.
Go Hogs Go!

Uberanubis

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 28, 2018, 03:23:54 pm
Anyone who supports MORE THAN 4 teams in the NC playoff may as well be advocating for an end to all meaningful OOC games.  As it is now, teams need to schedule AT LEAST one high profile OOC game to provide some cushion in case of not winning a conference championship.  If you expand the number of teams in the playoff, you will achieve a watered down regular season. 

this is a fallacy. division 2 does it with no issues, it only conflicts with bowls. and we all know that there way 2 many of those as it is.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 28, 2018, 07:30:44 pm
Still, the 8 team scenario presents more potential "what if" scenarios. I'm not sure that any team beyond a final 8 could make a good and legit argument for being competitive in a NC Play-Off scenario, but I am pretty sure that the top 8 can do so.

There is always a chance, I think if you seed them 1-8, 49 out of 50 years one of the top 4 seeds will win it.   Basketball not so much but in football it seems the very top is more dominant.   However as I said, I prefer 8 because I also believe that if Arkansas were to win the SEC with anything less than a perfect record the selection committee would try to leave us out of a 4 team playoff.  No way could they leave the SEC champ out of an 8 team playoff.

bob slydell

I'm really not understanding your matchups.  You have:

3 v. 10
2 v. 14
4 v. 8
12 v. 21
5 v. 16
1 v. 7
20 v. 9
6 v. 11

Not sure how Memphis and Northwestern snuck into your playoff and Stanford and TCU got left out.  And really not sure how your seedings work.

EDIT:  I read down further and see how you came up with your teams/matchups.  If you are going to factor in SOS then you cannot remove the human element since those are subjective human rankings.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Piggfoot

8 is enough. 5 power five champions ( qualifier no more than 2 regular season losses) plus 3 at large teams or more if one or more power five champions do not qualify)
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Nashville Fan

I love college football. Normally the more the better.

However, there is a lot of drama with only 4 team in. Games mean a lot Oct-Nov now. I kind of like that. Any more and it might cheapen the final months.
Pittman or Bust!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Nashville Fan on January 29, 2018, 02:44:07 pm
I love college football. Normally the more the better.

However, there is a lot of drama with only 4 team in. Games mean a lot Oct-Nov now. I kind of like that. Any more and it might cheapen the final months.

I don't think so because with only eight, winning your conference is still the best way to get in.  I can't see any team not wanting to win every game.

DeltaBoy

The Key to me is too cut the regular season back to 10 games.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dr. Starcs

5 power conf champions.
2 at large
1 non power conf champion.

HogShat

Put it back on the computer. We can fly someone to the moon, (allegedly), so why can't someone come up with a program that accurately measures who is the best team out there. MHF is really close on his comments. I think as many variables as possible should be used. Strength of schedule, opponents W/L record, opponents quality wins/bad losses, your own quality wins/bad losses, Offensive/Defensive production, points scored etc. Assign a number of points for each category, with a max number available so Alabama doesn't hang 200 on somebody.

The ratings system would be fluid as the season goes on. At the end take the top 8, seed them and let them duke it out.

hoghiker

Quote from: hobhog on January 27, 2018, 03:29:37 pm
Wow. How about just cancel the reagular season and start the playoffs in early October....
This. Let's just go deep. If you finish over .500 you're in the tourney. Last team standing wins.

jvanhorn

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 27, 2018, 05:19:43 pm
That's "easy" but perhaps not the most correct. You could easily have a second place P-5 team that deserves to be in over another P-5 Conf Champ and certainly over a G-5 Champ. So you want "easy" or the best teams in for the best level of competition among those that deserve to be there?

Well as Clint Eastwood once said "Deserves got nothing to do with it"   8 is the right , sensible and fair number.

oldhog63

Quote from: jvanhorn on January 30, 2018, 01:49:13 pm
Well as Clint Eastwood once said "Deserves got nothing to do with it"   8 is the right , sensible and fair number.
My problem with 8 is that most say P5 champion plus 3 at-large, however the at-large are selected. This, to me, is unfair to the P5 champions because the have to play an extra game, the conference championship game. I thought it was unfair that Bama got extra rest the other 3 teams did not get. That is why I propose 16 teams which include the conference championships as the first round. That is 10 teams. The other 6 teams (at-large, other conf champs) play the same week as the P5 conference championship games.

hogsanity

Quote from: oldhog63 on January 30, 2018, 02:24:47 pm
My problem with 8 is that most say P5 champion plus 3 at-large, however the at-large are selected. This, to me, is unfair to the P5 champions because the have to play an extra game, the conference championship game. I thought it was unfair that Bama got extra rest the other 3 teams did not get. That is why I propose 16 teams which include the conference championships as the first round. That is 10 teams. The other 6 teams (at-large, other conf champs) play the same week as the P5 conference championship games.

Lets go back to the old bowl system from 25 years ago, and then just argue about who should be #1. All we do now is argue about who should have been in the playoff, so it was just trading one argument for another.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

oldhog63

Quote from: hogsanity on January 30, 2018, 02:29:51 pm
Lets go back to the old bowl system from 25 years ago, and then just argue about who should be #1. All we do now is argue about who should have been in the playoff, so it was just trading one argument for another.
Maybe some day you will learn to contribute to a discussion instead of derail it.