Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kingsley, Arkansas On ESPN Getting Some Hype

Started by hogwood, July 07, 2016, 07:35:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwood

Medcalf still writes with some doubts, saying that it all "seems so complicated" when speaking of our potential success for next year but also admits that the possibility for success is there. Not a great article (not a fan of Medcalf), but nice to see the mainstream acknowledging that the Hogs could be in for a good year. They also pay respect to Bobby Portis and reference Kingsley as being a similar leader in the SEC for POY this year and for his team.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/115574/looking-ahead-can-moses-kingsley-part-the-sec-for-arkansas

gmarv

ShadowHawg

Thanks for the link.

I think this guy is unaware of Cook coming in as well though.

hogwood

Quote from: ShadowHawg on July 07, 2016, 09:01:38 pm
Thanks for the link.

I think this guy is unaware of Cook coming in as well though.

He certainly wasn't mentioned but Cook is also not expected to make huge impacts like Macon and Barford.

HoopS

I would have mentioned Thomas as well as the at least potential of the freshmen. I keep thinking Hazen may prove to have been a steal. And maybe we are overlooking CJ and Bailey too. Think those guys maybe bring a little more than we realize.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HoopS on July 12, 2016, 01:53:18 pm
I would have mentioned Thomas as well as the at least potential of the freshmen. I keep thinking Hazen may prove to have been a steal. And maybe we are overlooking CJ and Bailey too. Think those guys maybe bring a little more than we realize.

Looks like bench quality will be much improved this year.

Mr.Mi-Hawg-i

Quote from: FineAsSwine on July 12, 2016, 02:31:11 pm
Looks like bench quality will be much improved this year.

The problem is that we have too many bench players in our starting 5. 

Cinco de Hogo

I can't help but think that Trey Thompson is the key.  I believed that last year too and still believe if he had improved like he should we would have had a great season.  Same thing this year, Kingsley can't do it by himself, Thompson has to step up.

hogwood

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 12, 2016, 05:56:58 pm
I can't help but think that Trey Thompson is the key.  I believed that last year too and still believe if he had improved like he should we would have had a great season.  Same thing this year, Kingsley can't do it by himself, Thompson has to step up.

I think he will have a nice jump from lower to upperclassman status. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a few double-doubles this year and averages around 7.5ppg and 6.5rpg. But hopefully I am surprised and he does more than that.