Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One will play!

Started by Jonteviosk, June 15, 2016, 07:06:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Quote from: HoopS on June 24, 2016, 03:28:03 pm
He sure did. IMO, his approach will not serve him well in the longrun. He may put together some streaks and build his % up, but I believe he would serve himself well by reevaluating his approach.

Yeah, it is very much a rhythm shot. He bounces the ball and goes right into his shot. Most good free throw shooters gather, take a breath, and then shoot (see Bell and Hannahs).

Biggus Piggus

Did anyone notice that Dustin Thomas is listed as 6-8, 225? He has got to figure prominently into the frontcourt rotation.
[CENSORED]!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on June 27, 2016, 09:52:47 am
Did anyone notice that Dustin Thomas is listed as 6-8, 225? He has got to figure prominently into the frontcourt rotation.

If that is correct, he will definitely have the size to make an impact. Does he have the disposition get down in the post and bang?
Hogs up! Covid down!

The_Iceman

Quote from: FineAsSwine on June 27, 2016, 10:01:23 am
If that is correct, he will definitely have the size to make an impact. Does he have the disposition get down in the post and bang?

At Colorado, he played in the post quite a bit. However, when reviewing his high school tape, his real skill is out on the perimeter.  Our more open offense that allows 4's to play on the outside is a big reason why he came here, IMO.

HoopS

MA said he was a player who played with toughness and attitude. Seems like that comment got ignored when he said it and when I brought it up last time. Preconceived notions I guess.

hawgrunner

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 27, 2016, 10:16:06 am
At Colorado, he played in the post quite a bit. However, when reviewing his high school tape, his real skill is out on the perimeter.  Our more open offense that allows 4's to play on the outside is a big reason why he came here, IMO.

one of many areas,  :) but yes I'd like to see that happen.