Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm about to faint

Started by Biggus Piggus, June 14, 2016, 08:09:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

RacinRazorback

Hopefully these guys will be a big part getting us back on track! WPS!

kaki

No doubt that during the heyday of Hog basketball there were many high profile recruits who contributed greatly to the success of the team, but there were also lesser known players with talent whose hard work and buy-in helped put together some really fun teams to watch.  Let's hope these guys follow in that tradition.  I have not been more excited about hoops prospects in a while.  Hopefully next year kicks off the beginning of a basketball revival!

Pulled(PP)pork

hogwood

I think that Bailey can be very special. The staff did a fantastic job scouting Hazen and Bailey overall. They will both be great Hogs.

RealHog

Thanks for posting this over on the Ville Piggus. Yeah I think we all knew Bailey was a good athlete but it's good to see Brachens no slouch himself. With his 3 point shooting ability, I think he'll be versatile enough to earn himself solid minutes. I can see both of these guys being big for us down the road.

hogwood

Just took a peek at Bailey's Instagram. He now has "UofA20" as his banner. Hopefully that means he wants to stay 4 years and graduate!!!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on June 14, 2016, 08:09:19 am
http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/Some-surprises-emerge-in-another-Indiana-rout

Copious praise for Brachen Hazen's performance in Indiana all-star game.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/williams-bailey-lead-highlight-parade-in-allstar-game

Adrio Bailey ain't bad, either.

Gonna be fun watching those guys. Thanks for the link Biggus.  :razorback:

LSUFan

Crap!

I thought this was gonna be a big boob thread.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LSUFan on June 14, 2016, 03:36:38 pm
Crap!

I thought this was gonna be a big boob thread.

It is now that you have posted......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

TheRazorback500

The Centenary Gold Dome. I haven't heard anything about that place in years.

Nice article. Hazen has some game, and Bailey seems to be intense and competitive. He should be good on D.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

LSUFan

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Razorbackers

Hazen and Bailey are exactly what a team with a lot of upper class depth needs. These guys will be able to contribute immediately in practice, and get some minutes early on to give the starters a break. By the time they're sophomores or juniors, they should be key contributors to the squad.

Hawg Red

Just hope those guys will stick out and not bounce after a year (like Babb and Whitt). I'm unsure how much either will play this coming season, but both figure to be playing extended minutes as a sophomores.

hoglady

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on June 14, 2016, 09:11:40 pm
The Centenary Gold Dome. I haven't heard anything about that place in years.

Nice article. Hazen has some game, and Bailey seems to be intense and competitive. He should be good on D.

:razorback:

I used to go watch Robert Parrish play when he was at Centenary - oh my, that was a long time ago.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Razorbackers on June 15, 2016, 09:03:29 am
Hazen and Bailey are exactly what a team with a lot of upper class depth needs. These guys will be able to contribute immediately in practice, and get some minutes early on to give the starters a break. By the time they're sophomores or juniors, they should be key contributors to the squad.

We should see some exciting flashes from these guys early as they sit and learn behind the upperclassmen and in a couple of years, they could be starters. As you have stated, both have that type of potential.

Kudos to Scotty for helping to get Hazen. Big addition to the 2016 class. Thurman making an early impact.

Razorbackers

Quote from: FineAsSwine on June 15, 2016, 09:48:00 am
We should see some exciting flashes from these guys early as they sit and learn behind the upperclassmen and in a couple of years, they could be starters. As you have stated, both have that type of potential.

Kudos to Scotty for helping to get Hazen. Big addition to the 2016 class. Thurman making an early impact.

Yeah, you have to give Scotty credit for Hazen, and I was (and still am) skeptical of the move to bring him on in that role.

Hawg Red

Is there any tangible evidence to give Scotty particularly credit for that signing?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 15, 2016, 10:00:57 am
Is there any tangible evidence to give Scotty particularly credit for that signing?

I think there was a Dudley article on Scout about Hazen being the first guy Scotty went after when he was hired.

RealHog

Quote from: hoglady on June 15, 2016, 09:31:44 am
I used to go watch Robert Parrish play when he was at Centenary - oh my, that was a long time ago.

40 years ago...that place has been there awhile

jjdlc

Hazen looks to be a real under the radar type find.  Looking forward to seeing this team next season.

poloprince

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 15, 2016, 10:00:57 am

It was mentioned in an article on 247 that Scotty was the contact for Hazen. I found it surprising myself.
$PoLoPrInCe$

TheRazorback500

Quote from: hoglady on June 15, 2016, 09:31:44 am
I saw him play at ULM back in the 70s when it was called Northeast Louisiana University. That HAS been a long time!
Do you wanna get Rocked?

hoglady

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on June 15, 2016, 04:17:37 pm
I saw him play at ULM back in the 70s when it was called Northeast Louisiana University. That HAS been a long time!

I still call them Northeast LA - old habits are hard to break.
It's still amazing to me that Woodlawn High School in Shreveport produced Terry Bradshaw, Joe Ferguson and Robert Parrish. That's a pretty darn good trifecta.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

sigpooie

we have officially reloaded. i really like this group. Their speed and talent should carry us far
ld
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson