Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bold Predictions

Started by -Blu, October 28, 2014, 10:29:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mhuff

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on October 28, 2014, 07:05:38 pm
Jacorey Williams will average 10 ppg 5 rebounds 2 steals and 1 block a game

I had lost faith in Jacorey because he would make so many TO's that it would kill any rally or opportunity to get ahead. I really thought that he would transfer out. I have always given him credit for rebounding especially offensive rebounds..... Kingsley is my hero there because he moves his feet and gets position without pushing off...... otherwise he works hard.... If Williams can play without thinking he's a PG, he would be a major plus to this team. Plus, he went into games and shot us out of them by missing too many shots. You want players with high shooting %'s putting the ball up. Otherwise, you hit; you shoot. You miss; you don't shoot. To me if you aren't shooting 46% or higher, you're a liability.

One thing I would like to see as well.....where's the assts. in that stat line. To be successful this year we need good coaching, team leadership, and selflessness. Look at Watkins in the R/W game. He gave up the ball to people that generated points. Look at the players that go in the game and feed their team mates ,and players that go in and shoot herky jerky horrible shots with no one in rebounding position..... it is easy to see  the team players that fit those descriptions.

We have the players to win. It is a matter of doing it.

PonderinHog

In other words, know your role.

mhuff

November 01, 2014, 03:14:58 pm #52 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 03:29:03 pm by mhuff
Quote from: PonderinHog on November 01, 2014, 02:30:20 pm
In other words, know your role.

Yes sir, poignantly one has to be selfless and play for the team instead of self. Ponderin, that's what I liked about the Kapita article this last week. He said that he knew his role.... Well, that is music to my ears..... It's the kind of player we need...... whether Portis goes pro or not......

Something that stands out to me is the number of TO's made by certain players..... Those are killers...... I only watched the first half of R/W game, but I was impressed with the lack of TO's and rebounding. There are four players that especially need to work on TO's : Madden, Harris, Qualls, and Williams. I understand Madden turning the ball over some ,but that is still an area that needs improving.    I hope Durham does not TO often... Have you seen how he looked?

TheRazorbackGuy

TheRazorbackGuy's Bold Prediction: Bobby Portis will be a lottery pick.