Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breaking News: One Springdale Player Not Going to Arkansas

Started by Matt Turner, July 20, 2005, 06:00:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Turner

We're live at the Top Gun Challenge in Springdale and we'll have the full story in sports at 6:00 p.m.

hog_fan

I'm guessing it is Williams or Webb? Can you post something here as I'm not in NW Arkansas.

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Matt Turner

DOGALUM

Or you could just post it now, and we could just keep it our little secret!!

WilsonHog

Somewhere around 6:25 someone will start singing that old standard, "Well, _________ wasn't that good anyway. He was overrated. We didn't need him."

Key of G, please.

CarolinaHog1176

yea, I'm in carolina so I need someone to post it.... looks like we've got about 10 minutes
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

DOGALUM

I'm thinking it might be Webb.  Only reason is that the rest of those guys are in Hoover AL.  Webb should be the only one still in town.
The Hoover tourney starts tomorrow, and I think they are already down there.  We'll see.

Porquemada

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 20, 2005, 06:13:46 pm
Somewhere around 6:25 someone will start singing that old standard, "Well, _________ wasn't that good anyway. He was overrated. We didn't need him."

Key of G, please.
You forgot to add, "Hope you like living in (insert state name), because you won't be welcomed back. Unless you happen to have a kid who play football and you can do the announcer gig for a while."

CarolinaHog1176

July 20, 2005, 06:23:14 pm #9 Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 06:25:03 pm by CarolinaHog1176
yea, is it notre dame that he was so high on?
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

WilsonHog

Seems like someone posted last week that they thought he was going to Notre Dame.

Best of luck to the young man.

Rick James

Porquemada

Why did he pick ND? He'll never get to be on tv. ::)  well, more than once a week.

Rick James

Hoggy, what is your info telling you now?  4/5 for sure? And L.T. still?  I'm honestly curious.  Not taking a shot.

hog_fan

CarolinaHog1176

absolutely.... good luck BW.  we'll get to see him on tv pretty much every week I suppose.  this isn't a knock, but if we had to lose one of the "5" I would've voted for Cleveland or Webb mostly because of impact potential.  but like I said, good luck and we'll be watching for you.

now, how 'bout them hogs Mustain, Williams, and Norman?  I thought I read that Cleveland was going to Colorado State like his dad did?  if not, come on down!!!
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

The UnderHog

man, I don't like those guys - plus, it really stinks to lose linemen as they are always in short supply - didn't the kid just move to the area a couple of years ago? - not a home grown kid if I remember correctly - The UnderHog

RazorRedneck

Well we have learned a lesson,  when someone talks about a source they have and how certain they are of the info.  Just take it for face value.

Lanny

Keep in mind Verbals are not solid.  It's a loooooooong time until Feb. 2006.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

JoeBobHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 20, 2005, 06:24:43 pm
Seems like someone posted last week that they thought he was going to Notre Dame.

Best of luck to the young man.

I heard he's a little on the slow side.
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

MrJones

Why cry over Bartley Webb when you got Jose Valdez already on his way. Don't forget the rest of the offensive line class we signed last year. Not that it is ever good to lose someone in your back yard but it there was one you absolutley had to do without then given last years class and the overall depth of the O-Line in state this year then you could potentially miss Webb without a problem. Wasn't he considering Texas to possibly a good sign he's not headed down there.

Ole' for Jose (Valdez)

hog_fan

We have a shot at a top five rated OL from Bama. If we get him that could make up for Webb.

DOGALUM

Where the heck is Matt Turner?  Let's make this thing official. 

Ft.SmithHog

Good luck Webb.  ND really needs you, Their team has really struggled the past 15-18 years. Even with one of the weakest schedules in the country.  ND is just not ND anymore.

Lanny

Quote from: DOGALUM on July 20, 2005, 06:51:16 pm
Where the heck is Matt Turner? Let's make this thing official.

It's official.......Just talked to Matt Turner.  Webb decides he won't Arkansas.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

DOGALUM

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Ft.SmithHog on July 20, 2005, 06:55:21 pm
Good luck Webb. ND really needs you, Their team has really struggled the past 15-18 years. Even with one of the weakest schedules in the country. ND is just not ND anymore.

In 1993 ND finished Top 5, didn't they?  Would have been #1 except they were screwed by the polls.  That's within the last 15 years, right?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: Rick James on July 20, 2005, 06:28:24 pm
Hoggy, what is your info telling you now? 4/5 for sure? And L.T. still? I'm honestly curious. Not taking a shot.

Don't know yet, I haven't heard from him. This is a disappointment to say the least. 

DOGALUM

Rally sons of Notre Dame
Sing her glory and sound her fame
Raise her Gold and Blue
And cheer with voices true:
Rah, rah, for Notre Dame
We will fight in every game,
Strong of heart and true to her name
We will ne'er forget her
And will cheer her ever
Loyal to Notre Dame.

Cheer, cheer for Old Notre Dame,
Wake up the echoes cheering her name,
Send a volley cheer on high,
Shake down the thunder from the sky!
What though the odds be great or small,
Old Notre Dame will win over all,
While her loyal sons are marching
Onward to victory!

Hoggysoprano

I must admit to being a closet ND fan. Maybe the Webb kid was a catholic boy who always wanted to play for the Fighting Irish, if so who can blame him?

The Coletrain

I guess that means Jim Hart will get an offer after camp.  Don't want to lose both of the top OL in the state this year.
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

DOGALUM

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on July 20, 2005, 07:43:29 pm
I must admit to being a closet ND fan. Maybe the Webb kid was a catholic boy who always wanted to play for the Fighting Irish, if so who can blame him?
Are you an even bigger fan now Hoggy?   I know I am!! 

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: DOGALUM on July 20, 2005, 07:46:21 pm
Quote from: Hoggysoprano on July 20, 2005, 07:43:29 pm
Are you an even bigger fan now Hoggy? I know I am!!

Yeah I am. I am sorry to see him not a Hog but this is second best.

HogDodging

He's just the first of the Springdale 5 who will announce he won't be attending Arkansas.

I really do wish him the best.  I guess I'll have to watch some ND games now.

ArkansasI

I assume that you ND lovers are Catholic.  I can't stand ND.  I guess it is a fine school, but they have been given an unfair recruiting advantage via NBC that offends my notions of fair play in collegiate athletics.  Consequently, I have enjoyed their recent struggles as much as I have been surprised by them.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: ArkansasI on July 20, 2005, 08:19:09 pm
I assume that you ND lovers are Catholic. I can't stand ND. I guess it is a fine school, but they have been given an unfair recruiting advantage via NBC that offends my notions of fair play in collegiate athletics. Consequently, I have enjoyed their recent struggles as much as I have been surprised by them.

If you ever have a chance to go there you should.  It's a great place.

DOGALUM

Believe me .....I'm about as far from being a catholic as it gets.  It's their tradition I respect.  I have never been a big fan, but I admit that when I'm clicking around, and the JP game is Vandy vs. Ole Miss, and the big 12 game is Kansas vs. K-State, I enjoy watching ND and find myself cheering for them.  Throw in the Holtz factor and Tim Brown, and I kinda like them.  I agree with you on the recruiting advantage via the NBC hookup, but it's not done them much good without a quality coach.  I'm still a Hog fan, and always will be, but I do look forward to following ND as well this coming year.

ArkansasI

I would in a heartbeat.  Under similar circumstances, I went to Yankee Stadium for a game and left inspired.  What a place!  Any baseball fan would enjoy a day at the Stadium.  The fans are wonderfully obnoxious.  The Yankee roll call is one of the most entertaining exchanges between fans and players that I have ever experienced.

I look at the Yankees differently now.  But I still hate 'em for the same reason I don't like ND.

Hey, sports wouldn't be fun if we occasionally didn't have someone to root against. . .

DOGALUM

CorningHog

I have never been a fan of the old Irish!  You could respect them for their traditions and fierce fan loyalty but all the NBC Tv contracts and crap that just seems to smell like politics just blew it for me and the Green & Gold.

I loved "Rudy" and have enjoyed some of the old footage of ND games but the last 10 years has kind of given ND a little lost in the oldies type attitude.

Webb can certainly go wear their colors and you have to appreciate a local kid getting a scholarship to ND.  It could spell trouble for Mustain if he is Catholic for us fans, because you can bet that the ole genius from NE Patriots may have used this as a ploy to get the QB.  You can always use a big kid for a blocking dummy if he can't cut it in the starting lineup.  Who knows?

Regardless of the speculation, congrats to Bartley Webb and as far as I am concerned, wherever those kids want to go, let them and do not ridicule them for it.  We live in a free country and we accept kids from out of state at Arkansas too!

GO HOGS!!!

I wish we could play the Irish in Razorback Stadium!!!!!!!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

hawgfan_18

If we do end up losing mustain, i believe we have a couple of very highly rated qb's in the junior class that are very interested in arkansas, lets see Ryan Mallet is one isn't it, and kodi Burns?

xkyrie

Notre Dame is a great school, great reputation. I hope he can fit in there.

DOGALUM

Quote from: hawgfan_18 on July 20, 2005, 08:33:21 pm
If we do end up losing mustain, i believe we have a couple of very highly rated qb's in the junior class that are very interested in arkansas, lets see Ryan Mallet is one isn't it, and kodi Burns?
Mallet is a good QB, but don't buy in to too much of the Kodi Burns stuff.  He won't be a quality D-1 QB. 

hawgfan_18

ah well the way people talk he's as good as mustain...

DOGALUM

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: hawgfan_18 on July 20, 2005, 08:33:21 pm

Mitchell, the kid from Texarkana.  I think that's the guy's name.

Skip Foreplay

I have Webb's home addy..let's go toilet paper the  place!!!

Anti-OtisII

OK, it is now officially the "Springdale 4".  I don't want to hear anymore of that "Springdale 5" crap anymore.  Whenever one commits somewhere else, we can stop talking about them.  I wish the kid the best and I'm sure he is doing what he feels is best for him and I'm totally OK with that.....I just don't want to waste anytime talking about kids going to play somewhere else on a Razorback message board.  If you want to talk about all high school kids go over to "Fearless Friday" or whatever the message board is for high school football.  This is a Razorback board and unless we're pissing and moaning about a player from an opposing team that just schooled us on the field, I don't want to be talking about other team's recruits.

Macgyver_Hawg

I guess you guys are a lot nicer than I am.  Anyone who's offered by the Razorbacks and turns them down I root against.  I don't cheer for locals unless they got an offer pulled or never got one to begin with.  I feel his departure will make it a lot easier on the other guys to leave the state.  I don't like that and I won't bake a cake for them.  I don't ever wish injury on them either.

That's the great thing about college football.  There's always a personal story that makes you cheer a team on or root against them.

The Razorbacks always come first over any other team.

DOGALUM

Quote from: MacGyver Hawg on July 20, 2005, 08:56:08 pm
I guess you guys are a lot nicer than I am. Anyone who's offered by the Razorbacks and turns them down I root against. I don't cheer for locals unless they got an offer pulled or never got one to begin with. I feel his departure will make it a lot easier on the other guys to leave the state. I don't like that and I won't bake a cake for them. I don't ever wish injury on them either.

That's the great thing about college football. There's always a personal story that makes you cheer a team on or root against them.

The Razorbacks always come first over any other team.

So let me get this straight.......and I'm not trying to start a fight....just seeking clarification.

It's ok to cheer for a school or a coach that pulls an offer, or doesn't even offer a local...(in other words chooses to go in a different direction)....but not ok to cheer for a KID who choses to go in a different direction?

I don't see the logic....but if that's what you're saying.....ok.  Just wanted to be clear.