Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eagles will win the SB

Started by HognotinMemphis, January 23, 2018, 11:28:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 04, 2018, 10:19:48 pm
Nope, not buying the announcers were Pats fans.  I actually think Collinsworth is great, but this was one of the few times I was clearly miffed at his point.  I don't think his reaction was as much about the Pats as it was the catch rule and all the controversy behind it.  Just the irony of the situation.

He was still questioning the last 2 Philly touchdowns after the game.
It was irritating for him to continually harp on those.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Capt. Hamm

Happy for the Eagles. Not a New England fan.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hoglady on February 04, 2018, 11:32:59 pm
He was still questioning the last 2 Philly touchdowns after the game.
It was irritating for him to continually harp on those.

I thought it was right to question the first TD.  But after NE got every break in the Jags game and needed every break to win that game, I'm good with the NFL giving the Eagles the benefit of the doubt on that call.

The Pats had their fist offensive penalty of the playoffs last night.   ::)   When Cooks went out, they lost one of their biggest offensive plays:  pass interference downfield.  Gronk made up for it a little with his flailing and flopping drawing a holding call.  Then he runs over and pushes down DBs with the ball in the air.  I'll just stop before I get on a rant about how much the NFL tries to help offenses.  The Eagles had linemen downfield on big plays all season.  That RPO thing officials just can't seem to keep up with. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

EastexHawg

I was obviously wrong about the game.  Foles surprised me and did exactly what I doubted he could do, make plays to win the game late.

I can't stand the Patriots, but I can't say I was happy about the outcome because can stomach the Eagles only slightly more.  In fact, now that they have won I am sure by next year I will despise them more than New England.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 24, 2018, 08:15:24 am
I don't think so.  In big games the team with the best QB usually wins.  I expect Foles to struggle.  He's not even the best QB on his own team.
Wrong. I was right...as usual.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Cargill A. BullHog

Old Tom is now 1-3 in Super Bowls vs the NFC East.  I'll be the first to say it, if he'd been drafted by Washington, we would've neverheard of Tom Brady   

Go Cowboys
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

riccoar

Anybody else see the whistle save NE on their final TD drive?  Amendola was clearly stripped, while still in bounds, and official blew play dead before he went down.

southarkhog06

Quote from: riccoar on February 05, 2018, 02:19:07 pm
Anybody else see the whistle save NE on their final TD drive?  Amendola was clearly stripped, while still in bounds, and official blew play dead before he went down.
His forward progress had been stopped for about 3 seconds before the ball came out. That is almost never called a fumble...

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 04, 2018, 10:36:56 pm
The clement touchdown was the worst call of the game.

What was wrong with it?  Drawing a blank on this one

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 06, 2018, 05:31:56 am
What was wrong with it?  Drawing a blank on this one

Replay showed he didn't have complete control before stepping out of the back of the end zone. It was a 3rd and 6 at the time. 3rd qtr I believe.

cosmodrum

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 05, 2018, 10:16:43 am
Wrong. I was right...as usual.

lol "as usual"

I'll give credit when due, you got this one right.
Go away, batin'

ArkyFan2626

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 06, 2018, 04:02:39 pm
Replay showed he didn't have complete control before stepping out of the back of the end zone. It was a 3rd and 6 at the time. 3rd qtr I believe.

Looked like he had control to me. Is the ball not allowed to move even a millimeter?

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: ArkyFan2626 on February 07, 2018, 02:11:34 pm
Looked like he had control to me. Is the ball not allowed to move even a millimeter?

Ball was moving. Barely but it was and we've seen much less called incomplete for the last 5+ years. The nfl is literally trying to destroy football IMO.

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

pigture perfect

Quote from: Cargill A. BullHog on February 05, 2018, 10:50:26 am
Old Tom is now 1-3 in Super Bowls vs the NFC East.  I'll be the first to say it, if he'd been drafted by Washington, we would've neverheard of Tom Brady   

Go Cowboys
i agree, except for the Go Cowboys thing.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ArkyFan2626

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 07, 2018, 07:59:45 pm
Ball was moving. Barely but it was and we've seen much less called incomplete for the last 5+ years. The nfl is literally trying to destroy football IMO.

I would agree with that.