Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KSUZ CLOSED 9/16 OPEN 9/26

Started by Pistol Pete, September 08, 2013, 01:15:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistol Pete

Having some asphalt work done, not sure if they are sealing it or what.
Should have made it concrete!!!  ;)

Gotya, may want to sticky this...

RNC

Plenty of room at north little rock if you need to park somewhere else for a week, they sometimes even have an occasional free beer if you catch Harry at the right time and frame of mind ;).

Pistol Pete

Quote from: RNC on September 08, 2013, 01:29:20 pm
Plenty of room at north little rock if you need to park somewhere else for a week, they sometimes even have an occasional free beer if you catch Harry at the right time and frame of mind ;).
I wouldn't mind my airplane sitting out overnight, but not 10 days. It has new (very nice) paint (2010) and never sat outside. I'll just have to be grounded. :(

Pistol Pete

FYI, it looked like they were finishing up the striping at KSUZ tonight. I'm not sure how long the paint and asphalt "revitalizer" needs to sit without traffic on it, but I'd say Saline County will be open very soon.

Also, in case anyone is interested, we now have an awos 501-847-3883...
I'll get the frequency... They have it on 130.035, but most radios can't tune to that, so they're changing it.

Flying Razorback

Do you have an estimated re-open time now?  Do you think it will be dry and inspected this weekend?
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Pistol Pete

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on September 27, 2013, 08:10:45 am
Do you have an estimated re-open time now?  Do you think it will be dry and inspected this weekend?

They are changing the tire on the skid tester as we speak... should know something within a couple hours.

Pistol Pete

BTW, still closed... friction test issues. Not sure if it's the testing machine, or the surface. Initially, it was the testing machine.

gotyacovered

king air to LIT app: LIT app king air xxx with you outta 10 for 5, inbound saline county.
LIT app: king air xxx saline county is closed, what is your alternate?
king air xxx: closed, since when? permanently?
LIT app: king air xxx its been close for 2 weeks, temp... can be found in NOTAMs, did you check NOTAMs?
King air xxx:  crickets

heard it twice last two weeks by diff planes.

same thing diff airport.

heard two people IFR headed to hot springs (i was headed to fville for the game) and it closed for 2 hours for the balloon festival, neither pilot got it.  both diverted to KADF. one was based outta hot springs and pissed.

check yo NOTAMs, folks.
You are what you tolerate.

Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

October 09, 2013, 10:52:45 pm #9 Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:03:23 pm by Pistol Pete
Flew to Pascagoula Monday, came back this evening... guess what? SUZ is closed for 24 hours. I never checked the NOTAMs. Seems like someone mentioned that...

Thanks to a very nice man at KORK, Harry, he almost insisted I take the courtesy car and bring it back tomorrow. Guess where I'm fueling up my plane? Don't care what it costs!

Flying Razorback

Ha, awesome, Pete.  I'm sorry the NOTAM monster caught you too!
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."