Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ipad debacle

Started by gotyacovered, July 31, 2013, 03:16:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

couldnt find my ipad this morning... anywhere.

retraced steps all the way back to yesterday afternoon...

heres the story: i went out and shot a few touch and goes to get engine up to operating temps for an oil change. i have a golf match at 5pm and am running a little late... so, obviously, in a hurry i taxi up, shut down, (set ipad on horizontal stab), tow in hangar, 30 mins later mech tows/taxi to his hangar, changes oil, taxi's to run up area, runs up plane, taxi back to his hangar, looks for leaks, puts cowling on and tows/taxi back to my hangar.

any guesses where the ipad ended up?
You are what you tolerate.

RNC

In the weeds behind wherever the mechanic ran it up?

Hankweb

On the horizontal stabilizer?

GusMcRae

It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

hank wins... didnt move. i was shocked when i saw it... call my mx... he said he never saw it.
You are what you tolerate.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: gotyacovered on July 31, 2013, 04:54:08 pm
hank wins... didnt move. i was shocked when i saw it... call my mx... he said he never saw it.

That's awesome.  Much better than on the ramp waiting to get run over.  Or on the front seat of some fuel guy's pick up truck. 

I pulled my wiring harness adapter from the back of my pick up truck one day and sat it on my rear bumper.  Unloaded the trailer, removed the trailer and put it away at my grandparent's house, ate lunch and visited, and then drove back to my place in North Little Rock about 45 minutes away using I-530, I-30, and 67/167.  About 70 mph the whole way.

I get out of my truck in the driveway at home and walk back to the mail box to check the mail and there's my wiring harness adapter.  Sitting right on the bumper of my truck still.  It's round and was sitting on the stock bumper of a GMC Sierra.  Still don't know how it made the whole trip without falling off.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."