also 48 did punch a guy on kick off cover

LZH

311Hog

Quote from: LZH on January 09, 2018, 02:53:22 pm
Roll Tide....

indeed

Saban retire man come on you can do it.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

I had it at 6-0 BS calls in favor of bama in the 2nd half.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

redeye

Everyone in the SEC-W knows this.

okrazorback

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 12:05:28 pm
lets see , so far today on Hogville, Bama has been accused of steroid use, paying players, getting preferential treatment from the refs, having the game outright rigged. Has anyone accused them of actually having a really good team full of really good players, you know, the most obvious reason they won.

I agree with you. No matter how far they get behind they never quit and they usually win.

gmarv54

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 09, 2018, 02:33:44 pm
Sour Grapes  the Crew missed calls on both teams.
Yeah your probable right,but it sure don,t seem like it.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: rljjr on January 09, 2018, 12:09:52 pm
Can somebody explain, other than privilege, why #48 threw a punch, connected with it, was flagged for unsportsmanlike, yet was not ejected? 

And how hard are you allowed to shove the head of the QB after a tackle? Curious how we can get away with that. Do they measure with a torque wrench, or just how hard is the right amount of pressure?

Also, if there was offsides on Georgia there had to have been motion first, since two linemen moved before the ball was snapped. By the way, the Dawg defender was not in the neutral zone.

I won't ask about what constitutes DPI or holding against Bama Debs. I do know that we had a young bull get called for far, far less.

Just wondering out loud.

Good questions.

Earlier today I saw about 5 video clips of missed calls...every one with the ref a few feet away. And most of those you can clearly see the ref directly facing the play with little (or no) obstruction.

The blocked punt was a big one, but another couple that stood out most to me—the Bama defender shoving Fromm's head after the tackle (mentioned above). It wasn't any vicious helmet hit, but it was a sorry "extracurricular," where many just like this are flagged. Part of an official's job is to police this type of activity, but the ref just walks up and ignores it. Another good one was a big wide receiver jump—from Bama—before the snap, with the ref looking right at it. Man, that was an easy one to call, but it was let go.

I always wondered if officials are just pre-conditioned to let Bama infractions fall into a sort of "gray" area. Well...it wasn't reeeeealllly a late hit, or an offsides, or a pass interference. This list is long. I was surprised about last night.

Something else I heard today on the radio from Joel Klatt, a Fox guy—he said that in playoffs, whether NFL or now college football, you must have plays that benefit from simple "good fortune." Or, luck. He said penalties (called or not called) fall into this, as was Tua's blind touchdown pass to Calvin Ridley. Teams that win titles get those plays/calls to go in their favor.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

SooieGeneris

Quote from: BassinHawg on January 09, 2018, 12:30:10 pm
So did the Georgia receiver step out of bounds or not on the long TD pass??? Looked like he touched the white to me.

Both sided got calls against them and for them last night.

The call on the field was he did not step OB, it was reviewed, he did not appear to touch the white to me. The whole point of review is to overturn calls on the field only if there is clear evidence the call on the field is wrong.

You can call it envy, you can call it whatever you want, but certain teams get the benefit of the doubt, 'Bama is one of them in football. We have had guys tossed for targeting for doing less than they do sometimes without so much as a penalty. So have other teams in the SEC.

My take on it is if a team has won all those championships they have, they shouldn't need the benefit of the doubt or help from the officials. Ask any of our former QBs about the felonies committed against them by 'Bama defenders, especially Tyler Wilson. At least they would have been felonies on the street.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

GoHogs1091

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on January 09, 2018, 01:10:33 pm
Bama did lose the NC to Clemson due to a "pick play" that was not called.  Just pointing that out.

One of Alabama's DBs was holding the other Clemson WR on that play.

I have seen a GIF that showed the Alabama DB holding the other Clemson WR on that play that was posted on a SEC Message Board, and the caption on the GIF was the following;

"Don't Complain About a Pick Play When Your Own Team is Holding"

SooieGeneris

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 09, 2018, 05:02:28 pm
One of Alabama's DBs was holding the other Clemson WR on that play.

I have seen a GIF that showed the Alabama DB holding the other Clemson WR on that play that was posted on a SEC Message Board, and the caption on the GIF was the following;

"Don't Complain About a Pick Play When Your Own Team is Holding"

It's a "whose ox is gored" type of deal. If your team scores on a pick play, it's a "rub."  If the other team scores on a pick play, it's a crime against humanity.

If every pick play in football was called, it would be so hard to score in the red zone... more FGs would result and people would complain about THAT.

For 'Bama to complain about officiating would be like Rick Petino complaining about cheating in NCAA basketball recruiting.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

hogfanny

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 09, 2018, 01:17:39 pm
Funny that you have to result to calling other's jealous when evidence was laid out before you. If you cannot see the holding, tugging and downright mugging that Bama's secondary get's away with play after play than you may have more of a man crush on Bama than these other guys are jealous...
Just ignore him. Ref socksucker.

HogBreath

Quote from: liljo on January 09, 2018, 01:15:01 pm
Did you watch each of the videos or just the one with the facemask, and with the official standing about 3 yards away, intently staring at the play?

There were several videos in that link I provided.
He's a ref, he can't see well at all.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

GoHogs1091

Quote from: 311Hog on January 09, 2018, 02:41:28 pm
also 48 did punch a guy on kick off cover

A thread over on another message board is wondering if Saban will do anything to #48, especially after #48 went after a coach/staffer on the sideline.  The following was posted by someone in that thread.

Where do people get this from? There's plenty of evidence to prove this wrong.

Mainly the Jonathan Taylor situation.

Tony Brown was arrested on campus before he had time to get his student ID. Cam Robinson and Hootie were arrested with drugs and guns.
Tim Williams arrested with guns and drugs in car.
Numerous guys have been pulled over with weed and yet no one in 10 years has failed a drug test.   
Take a guess of the total games these guys have missed due to these events?

jkstock04

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 09, 2018, 01:16:13 pm
While you're not wrong...the blocked punt that was wrongfully nullified sure would've helped...
I'm not saying there weren't some missed calls...the no call on shoving the qbs head to the ground after the play was over was complete BS.

I'm just saying other than a few defensive stands and one long pass for a TD Georgia got thoroughly smoked in the 2nd half. Watching that game I didn't get the feeling that Bama didn't deserve to win the game per the refs bad or no calls. That's kind of the narrative Hogville is trying to push here without saying it.

How many chances did Georgia get to firmly pull away and win the game in the 4th quarter only to go 3 and out or just eventually get stuffed in convincing fashion? Seemed like they got a few chances and couldn't get it done. Got 1 dimensional.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

David†

Georgia tackled a receiver in the endzone on the td play that tied the game, no call. Georgia player stepped n the line, reviewed and called in. Georgia player juggled a ball while laying on his back out of bounds, called a catch.

There was missed calls all over the field.

Hoggish1

Quote from: BassinHawg on January 09, 2018, 12:33:28 pm

Yes he touched the Bama player 12 ways from Sunday, who was out of bounds at the time...

porkrindjimmy

lets see , so far today on Hogville, Bama has been accused of steroid use, paying players, getting preferential treatment from the refs, having the game outright rigged. Has anyone accused them of actually having a really good team full of really good players, you know, the most obvious reason they won. 

For once, you and I agree....

PRJ

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: BassinHawg on January 09, 2018, 12:30:10 pm
So did the Georgia receiver step out of bounds or not on the long TD pass??? Looked like he touched the white to me.

Both sided got calls against them and for them last night.

I slowed that down to step by step and there was no green between his foot or heel and the sideline.   
The foot or heel was touching the white line.  That is out of bounds.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

ElDawgHawg

I'm a HS coach.... I know for a fact that 'Bama recruiting isn't clean.  But I refuse to say what I know because I don't want Saban's mafia coming for me.

I will only say that there was a certain LB in North LA a few years back that would likely have been a Hog but "other" forces were at play.... anyone want to guess where he ended up?
#WPS

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: netteltonhog on January 09, 2018, 12:17:36 pm
The wrong call of the neutral zone infraction cost Georgia the game. Announcers said it was a non reviewable play. How convenient for Bama.

To me the blocked punt being called offsides was huge and maybe determined the game. Bama got an abnormal amount of calls. Something sure seems wrong.

IronHog

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on January 09, 2018, 11:15:35 pm
I slowed that down to step by step and there was no green between his foot or heel and the sideline.   
The foot or heel was touching the white line.  That is out of bounds.

That's not definitive evidence.  Video isn't infallible
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 09, 2018, 08:46:25 pm
I'm not saying there weren't some missed calls...the no call on shoving the qbs head to the ground after the play was over was complete BS.

I'm just saying other than a few defensive stands and one long pass for a TD Georgia got thoroughly smoked in the 2nd half. Watching that game I didn't get the feeling that Bama didn't deserve to win the game per the refs bad or no calls. That's kind of the narrative Hogville is trying to push here without saying it.

How many chances did Georgia get to firmly pull away and win the game in the 4th quarter only to go 3 and out or just eventually get stuffed in convincing fashion? Seemed like they got a few chances and couldn't get it done. Got 1 dimensional.

Ga makes a big play on a blocked punt and the officials bail Bama out.

You know it's dirty because they called offsides instead of a false start

hogsanity

Quote from: IronHog on January 10, 2018, 01:15:56 pm

Ga makes a big play on a blocked punt and the officials bail Bama out.

You know it's dirty because they called offsides instead of a false start

false start would have still killed the play.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 10, 2018, 01:42:58 pm
false start would have still killed the play.

But they didn't call that
They made up some darn

GoHogs1091

The Big 10 Referee who officiated the NC game has been dismissed before due to poor performance.

https://www.purdueexponent.org/sports/article_f22a455e-1bc6-504f-957d-876628375294.html

rtr

Pull your head out and you will see the officiating heavily favored Bama last night.  It was atrocious.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

kodiakisland

To the victor go the spoils.  Yes, Bama does get the benefit of the doubt most of the time.  Now whether it's a conscious effort by the refs or just somewhat of an intimidation factor of calls against Saban, I don't know.  There are missed calls in every game, but it's rare for Bama to play a game that most don't go their way.  There were several plays where the left tackle was still moving when the ball was snapped and was never called.  Holding, well, we should just get rid of that penalty anyway as it's only called when a ref wants to insert himself into the game.

Someday, maybe we get to be the big boys and the calls go our way.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

IronHog

Quote from: kodiakisland on January 10, 2018, 09:16:23 pm
To the victor go the spoils.  Yes, Bama does get the benefit of the doubt most of the time.  Now whether it's a conscious effort by the refs or just somewhat of an intimidation factor of calls against Saban, I don't know.  There are missed calls in every game, but it's rare for Bama to play a game that most don't go their way.  There were several plays where the left tackle was still moving when the ball was snapped and was never called.  Holding, well, we should just get rid of that penalty anyway as it's only called when a ref wants to insert himself into the game.

Someday, maybe we get to be the big boys and the calls go our way.

Chop block, spear, play dirty, and not run off Korless Marshall

Be the new MIAMI or go home