Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ragnow done. 2-10 is realistic

Started by mississippihog, October 23, 2017, 03:12:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mississippihog

No more Ragnow...At this point it is not an exaggeration. 2-10 is a very, very real possibility. I feel bad for Ragnow and whoever has to line up behind whatever 5 they decide to throw out there.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

EastexHawg

There is absolutely, positively no way to lose to Coastal Carolina.  There were three wins chiseled in stone before the season started.  We already have two of them and Coastal will be the third.  The question is...can we beat anyone else?

Hawghiggs

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 23, 2017, 04:34:40 pm
There is absolutely, positively no way to lose to Coastal Carolina.  There were three wins chiseled in stone before the season started.  We already have two of them and Coastal will be the third.  The question is...can we beat anyone else?

Is that really a question anymore?

Mr Jade

Good news, if we lose to Coastal, CBB won't give the post-game presser.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

cosmodrum

The answer is no.
Go away, batin'

phadedhawg

Quote from: rhames on October 23, 2017, 03:13:14 pm
They will beat coastal

But will we beat them worse than ASU did, 51-17?

factchecker

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 23, 2017, 04:48:36 pm
But will we beat them worse than ASU did, 51-17?

Who cares?

Do we get extra points if New Mexico State beats jonesboro state this weekend?

Does the state of Arkansas pump more tax money via subsidies into jonesboro state if they win bigger?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Inhogswetrust

I remember other teams we played that were chiseled in stone as wins that we lost.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

phadedhawg

Quote from: factchecker on October 23, 2017, 04:49:13 pm
Who cares?

Does the state of Arkansas pump more tax money via subsidies into jonesboro state if they win bigger?

I didn't know we had the chance at extra points for our NSU win.  Guess I will have to watch that game too!!!  Awesome! 

elksnort

Who cares?

Angry? The type of of UofA fans that poo poo ASU deserve to root for a loser. Be a man and freakin play them, then you can shut them up.

At this point, does it really matter if the team wins another game?

Regardless, if CBB is allowed to return as coach, it might be time to pick up another hobby. This will not be easy because college football and Arkansas Razorback football is what I have loved for 45 years.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

factchecker

Quote from: elksnort on October 23, 2017, 05:11:05 pm
Angry? The type of of UofA fans that poo poo ASU deserve to root for a loser. Be a man and freakin play them, then you can shut them up.

I don't play anyone dipchit.  Beyond that, I don't give one thought to the jonesboro state school of inferiors until someone comes onto HOGville (not state of Arkansasville) and talks garbage.

The only school I care about is my alma mater, The University of Arkansas.  The only program I care about is the Razorbacks.  Sorry that you don't have a connection to a school so you root for a state vs. a program.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

elksnort

Quote from: factchecker on October 23, 2017, 05:26:17 pm
I don't play anyone dipchit.  Beyond that, I don't give one thought to the jonesboro state school of inferiors until someone comes onto HOGville (not state of Arkansasville) and talks garbage.

The only school I care about is my alma mater, The University of Arkansas.  The only program I care about is the Razorbacks.  Sorry that you don't have a connection to a school so you root for a state vs. a program.
Hey fellow. I was talking about YOu collectively. Not you personally. Learn to read.

And I ease up on the name calling. You should not post anything you would not say in person,

PigDaddyKane

I hate it for Frank, he seems like a young man that has his head on straight. He's endured a lot over the past year.

wonder if all the injuries will be used as an excuse for another year?
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

elksnort

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on October 23, 2017, 05:42:15 pm
I hate it for Frank, he seems like a young man that has his head on straight. He's endured a lot over the past year.

wonder if all the injuries will be used as an excuse for another year?
Yeah, I can see this.

Frankly, this might be a blessing for him. This season is OVER. Let him heal up and get ready to make some money.

factchecker

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on October 23, 2017, 05:42:15 pm
I hate it for Frank, he seems like a young man that has his head on straight.

Amen.  Frank and his family has been through a lot.  I hope he gets healthy and has a successful career.  I'll root for whatever team drafts him.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: mississippihog on October 23, 2017, 03:12:02 pm
No more Ragnow...At this point it is not an exaggeration. 2-10 is a very, very real possibility. I feel bad for Ragnow and whoever has to line up behind whatever 5 they decide to throw out there.
zero chance of 2-10. Damn good chance of 3-9 or 4-8.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jkstock04

Who cares?

The fact that you are paying attention to their schedule and what they are even doing tells me that you do care.

This is one year I'm glad we aren't playing them. Probably wouldn't be pretty. Years and scenarios exactly as this are why Frank Broyles never wanted anything to do with them. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

IronHog

Who cares?

Does the state give UAF more $$$ if they lose?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 23, 2017, 05:51:58 pm
The fact that you are paying attention to their schedule and what they are even doing tells me that you do care.

This is one year I'm glad we aren't playing them. Probably wouldn't be pretty. Years and scenarios exactly as this are why Frank Broyles never wanted anything to do with them. 

JFB's legacy is getting ugly

factchecker

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 23, 2017, 05:51:58 pm

ESPN has an app that shows scores and highlights.  CFBstats also includes the schedule when you look up a team's stats.  I paid attention to New Mexico State because we played them.

I also looked at Coastal's schedule...... because we play them.  It takes 10 seconds to look up a schedule.

10 seconds = not a lot of care

Nice try though.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: IronHog on October 23, 2017, 05:55:04 pm

The Razorbacks don't rely on subsidies and student fees unlike the other instate schools....... would you like some links?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

IronHog

Quote from: factchecker on October 23, 2017, 05:59:00 pm
The Razorbacks don't rely on subsidies and student fees unlike the other instate schools....... would you like some links?

UA at F is hugely subsidized by the state

It's all sunk costs.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: rhames on October 23, 2017, 03:13:14 pm
They will beat coastal

I will not be surprised one bit if we lose to Coastal. They will be real fired up to play us while we won't give a single care in the world.

factchecker

Quote from: IronHog on October 23, 2017, 06:00:10 pm

It's all sunk costs.

Since you need help..... here you go:

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

THE University of Arkansas = $0 Student Fees and $0 allocated = 0% of our revenue from subsidies and student fees

on the other hand

jonesboro state =    $5,027,521 in student fees and $13,098,538 allocated = 30.39% of their revenue from subsidies and student fees

conway college =     $4,925,356 in student fees and $9,402,494 allocated = 74.06% of their revenue from subsidies and student fees

last resort u = $3,837,889 in student fees and $7,775,890 allocated = 64.83% of their revenue from subsidies and student fees

UAPB =    $1,069,972 in student fees and $5,126,997 allocated = 71.79% of their revenue from subsidies and student fees
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

IronHog

Quote from: factchecker on October 23, 2017, 06:10:08 pm
Since you need help..... here you go:

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

THE University of Arkansas = $0 Student Fees and $0 allocated = 0% of our revenue from subsidies and student fees

on the other hand

jonesboro state =    $5,027,521 in student fees and $13,098,538 allocated = 30.39% of their revenue from subsidies and student fees

conway college =     $4,925,356 in student fees and $9,402,494 allocated = 74.06% of their revenue from subsidies and student fees

last resort u = $3,837,889 in student fees and $7,775,890 allocated = 64.83% of their revenue from subsidies and student fees

UAPB =    $1,069,972 in student fees and $5,126,997 allocated = 71.79% of their revenue from subsidies and student fees

125 million in tax payer funds  is subsidized

bennyl08

Quote from: IronHog on October 23, 2017, 05:55:04 pm

Why would we pay the University of Alaska-Fairbanks money?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

It's all sunk costs.

UA at F doesn't even have a football team. They are division II in the Great NW Athletic Conference.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

IronHog

Quote from: bennyl08 on October 23, 2017, 09:53:26 pm
Why would we pay the University of Alaska-Fairbanks money?
UA is Bama

NWAU if u prefer

hog.goblin

It's all sunk costs.

The Razorback Foundation is not subsidized by the state and that's where buyout funds will come from

bennyl08

Quote from: IronHog on October 23, 2017, 09:59:43 pm
UA is Bama

NWAU if u prefer

Or you can just say Arkansas. Or just Ark. Or just the hogs. hawgs. hawgz if you want to be really cool.

The University of Arkansas is not the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. It North West Arkansas University either. It is simply the University of Arkansas.

Given that "UA" features prominently on the marketing of the university and Bama hasn't entered this discussion, you could even just say UA and be fine. There's no other university in arkansas that people might think you are talking about. Nothing else on the same level. So, no reason to add "F" anywhere to the name.

IronHog

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 23, 2017, 10:01:18 pm
The Razorback Foundation is not subsidized by the state and that's where buyout funds will come from

Guy above is always ranting about A State being subsidized when UAF has sucked in a who knows how much tax payer money over the past 150 years

49th in everything and a BAD football team.

IronHog

Quote from: bennyl08 on October 23, 2017, 10:06:02 pm
Or you can just say Arkansas. Or just Ark. Or just the hogs. hawgs. hawgz if you want to be really cool.

The University of Arkansas is not the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. It North West Arkansas University either. It is simply the University of Arkansas.

Given that "UA" features prominently on the marketing of the university and Bama hasn't entered this discussion, you could even just say UA and be fine. There's no other university in arkansas that people might think you are talking about. Nothing else on the same level. So, no reason to add "F" anywhere to the name.

No it's UAF

bennyl08

Quote from: IronHog on October 23, 2017, 10:08:09 pm

No it's UAF

Show me an official logo or emblem from the university that has that. Otherwise, I'll just think you are wally hall.

jgphillips3

We could have half the team drunk in a whorehouse and still beat coastal with the other half.  However, 3-9 and our second 0-fer in conference in history (BOTH under Bielema) is still a real possibility.  Now, I still think we beat at least one of Ole Miss and Mizzou but, it's equally realistic to lose them.  LSU and MSU are going to beat us convincingly.

hoglady

It's terrible for Ragnow and I hate it for him - but our Oline was one of the worst in college football with him.
Rogers will do a decent job in his place and I don't see how losing Ragnow changes the outcome much in any  game going forward.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hog.goblin

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 23, 2017, 10:11:13 pm
We could have half the team drunk in a whorehouse and still beat coastal with the other half.  However, 3-9 and our second 0-fer in conference in history (BOTH under Bielema) is still a real possibility.  Now, I still think we beat at least one of Ole Miss and Mizzou but, it's equally realistic to lose them.  LSU and MSU are going to beat us convincingly.

Truth

HognotinMemphis

I think this Ragnow injury is made up. More to it.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

bennyl08

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 23, 2017, 10:21:23 pm

You think he's making a business decision? Staying healthy for the combine?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: bennyl08 on October 23, 2017, 10:22:46 pm
You think he's making a business decision? Staying healthy for the combine?
Could be. That is a very plausible reason for this claim.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

PORKULATOR

We're going 6-6 and winning the Toilet bowl. So 7...7&6
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Pig in the Pokey

man, we might beat coastal 28-21 or something like that. And I guess we could win at ole piss since they are Fukushima South AND their QB is done there. But, that's still a 4 win team , and I bet the Hawaiian punishes us in Oxford. They owe us for 4th-n-25, I expect a game out of ole pissy.

IronHog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 23, 2017, 10:21:23 pm

Sinus infection only good for one game

riccoar

Who cares?

jonesboro state?  Um, you do realize all 5 fans on their messageboard will howl in horror at this, right?

FANONTHEHILL

Frank has a high ankle injury requiring surgery to correct the problem.  Most likely a syndesmosis membrane injury.  There is a fibrous band between the tibia and fibula called the syndesmosis membrane.  It is stretched in a high ankle sprain.  If it tears, every time you put weight on your foot, the tibia and fibula slide down and split over the Talus bone which acts as the pivot point any the base of the ankle for your foot. Basically, he top of your foot gets swallowed up by your lower leg.  You can reinforce and stabilize the two bones by putting screws across both bones to strut them together while the membrane scars in.  If you pass on surgery, you're not weight bearing for about 3 months.  My son suffered this same injury during the 7A playoffs in 2014. It is a long recovery process.

This is not a "business decision" and anyone who doubts Frank's dedication to this program is a fool.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

hogcard1964

Quote from: mississippihog on October 23, 2017, 03:12:02 pm

Hogs will finish 5-7.

They'll beat Ole Pee, Coastal and Missouri.

IronHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 24, 2017, 07:55:45 am
Hogs will finish 5-7.

They'll beat Ole Pee, Coastal and Missouri.

Mizzou is gonna score 70

CC only win left

jgphillips3

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on October 24, 2017, 07:37:13 am
Frank has a high ankle injury requiring surgery to correct the problem.  Most likely a syndesmosis membrane injury.  There is a fibrous band between the tibia and fibula called the syndesmosis membrane.  It is stretched in a high ankle sprain.  If it tears, every time you put weight on your foot, the tibia and fibula slide down and split over the Talus bone which acts as the pivot point any the base of the ankle for your foot. Basically, he top of your foot gets swallowed up by your lower leg.  You can reinforce and stabilize the two bones by putting screws across both bones to strut them together while the membrane scars in.  If you pass on surgery, you're not weight bearing for about 3 months.  My son suffered this same injury during the 7A playoffs in 2014. It is a long recovery process.

This is not a "business decision" and anyone who doubts Frank's dedication to this program is a fool.

Thanks for the update.  I was hoping he had decided to just step aside for his sake.  Now this disaster of a season has hurt another true Razorback if this hinders his draft stock.  I feel as bad for Frank as I did for Tyler Wilson when we fired his coach and killed his draft stock after he decided to come back.  At this point, if my kid was playing and could be a high draft pick, there is no way I could advise them to return.  This just sucks.