Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SB Nation SEC Power Rankings and Predictions...

Started by Al Boarland, August 18, 2017, 09:26:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

VBCHog

Below Kentucky!???? Did they eat paint chips when they were a kid like Tommy Boy?

Al Boarland

Quote from: VBCHog on August 18, 2017, 09:42:34 am
Below Kentucky!???? Did they eat paint chips when they were a kid like Tommy Boy?

I believe I've seen their o-line ranked pretty highly leading up to the season.

HiggiePiggy

Not really below them. Just in the same Tier.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 18, 2017, 09:46:38 am
I believe I've seen their o-line ranked pretty highly leading up to the season.

Some have raved about their O-Line and how good it is supposed to be. Phil Steele has their OL ranked #10 in the SEC. He had us at #7.
Go Hogs Go!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The more of these preseason articles I read, the more pissed off I get, and the more ready I become for the hogs to prove people wrong. The 31st just cant get here fast enough
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

mizzouman

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 18, 2017, 10:21:42 am
The more of these preseason articles I read, the more pissed off I get, and the more ready I become for the hogs to prove people wrong. The 31st just cant get here fast enough
Please remember.  Preseason prognostications are rarely accurate.

factchecker

Living off the hype from beating Louisville despite the fact that they got beat by Southern Miss earlier in the season.

Kentucky does return 2 1000 yard rushers and a senior QB.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Headhog32

me and you both

Bubba's Bruisers

Sure, but we get this most every year, and we're all pissed, because everybody's team is always better than the predictions.  Then most every year, the predictions for us seem to turn out to be fairly accurate.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Headhog32

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 18, 2017, 10:55:37 am
Sure, but we get this most every year, and we're all pissed, because everybody's team is always better than the predictions.  Then most every year, the predictions for us seem to turn out to be fairly accurate.
Arkansas is always going to be the school that is looked down on by the media, good or bad people outside of Arkansas just see us to be white trash rednecks that marry our cousins. (some of it might be true) hahaha

RME

Regarding our tier, the article says verbatim, "there are 10 teams with legitimate top-25 potential. Not all 10 will play at a top-25 level, but each has an excellent case."

To quote another poster from another thread a few days ago, we'll bitch about anything.

Headhog32

Quote from: Surfing8 on August 18, 2017, 11:29:23 am
We have a bunch of people on here cheering about how profitable Jeff Long has made the athletic department... as if that is translating into something tangible for them on Saturdays in the fall. 

So yeah.
what?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Headhog32 on August 18, 2017, 11:08:46 am
Arkansas is always going to be the school that is looked down on by the media, good or bad people outside of Arkansas just see us to be white trash rednecks that marry our cousins. (some of it might be true) hahaha

Regardless, the pre-season predictions have generally been on point.  We've been a 2nd tier, mediocre FB program for a long, long time.  The media knows this, and rightly won't give us much respect until we start to show some semblance of consistently winning at a higher level. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Al Boarland

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 18, 2017, 11:55:52 am
Regardless, the pre-season predictions have generally been on point.  We've been a 2nd tier, mediocre FB program for a long, long time.  The media knows this, and rightly won't give us much respect until we start to show some semblance of consistently winning at a higher level.

We got plenty of respect a couple seasons ago. We just didn't deliver.