Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What happened to the John Nabors show?! Espn95.3?

Started by Sourpuss, April 11, 2017, 12:09:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: John Snow on April 13, 2017, 04:46:01 pm
Funny thing about the Morning Rush show is that 99.5  dropped them a while back only to bring them back on because they had Clint Storener . Only to let Clint go for Tyler Wilson horrible move.
I thought Clint bailed on them?

Kevin

the morning rush, should changes it's name to the morning commercial show. it is one ad after another.
for someone who lives out of state and would like to listen to some hog sports talk, I cannot listen to it.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hogusta National

Quote from: Kevin on April 21, 2017, 06:49:06 am
the morning rush, should changes it's name to the morning commercial show. it is one ad after another.
for someone who lives out of state and would like to listen to some hog sports talk, I cannot listen to it.
It isn't that bad.  I listen to it every day - I don't hear any more commercials that any other sports program - nationally or locally.

Kevin

how many times can they plug crabtree rv in alma in 10 minutes.

in case you did not know, due to the overwhelming response at the greater fort smith rv show, they have lots of used rv's, & campers available. so, take you tax refund down.

I have listened to the show 3 times in two weeks for about 20 minutes total, and can read the ad myself
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Birminghog

Quote from: ricepig on April 13, 2017, 04:32:49 pm
We had a guy in my hometown that always "lost" his lease on his furniture store, he'd close for a day or two and mark everything up 100%, so he could then slash the price in "half". The only place he lost his lease was in his office drawer. He also owned the building, and about 1/2 of the town.

We used to have guy in Birmingham named Ronnie Marchant who owned a furniture store and did his own commercials for, as he said it, "Ronnie Marchant Furni-turr". Every month was his last month and he was going out of business. This went on for years (20+) until he finally - went out of business.

As for Nabors, Monday he begins hosting the "Borderline Erotic Podcast" on SEC Country. I trust it will be an improvement.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

razoredge178

Its all about money, and content, neither of which this show had.

The only thing that made it bearable to listen to was when Mike or one of the other talking heads were on. Why? Because they have some years under their belts and had, wait for it, perspective and intriguing views on Razorback sports. Nabors had NONE. His lack of though-provoking conversations and questions were particularly devastating on that rare occasion that he got a really good guest, only to ask boring coffee pot questions.

He also struggled with the umms, kindas, and other stutters and grammatical errors that are aesthetically unpleasing to a listening audience.

Bo is really the gold standard for guys like Jon to look and listen to. You've got to have intriguing content and substance to roll on radio.

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: razoredge178 on May 02, 2017, 08:39:29 am
He also struggled with the umms, kindas, and other stutters and grammatical errors that are aesthetically unpleasing to a listening audience.

So how does Nick Mason stay on the air, I would rather listen to 82 screaming banshees, in cave, not grooving with Pict, than listen to his "and umms", and "you Know,s", and "because if's" and "let me just say this's".  Man get to the freaking point, and quit going off on 42 tangents before you get there.  He comes on, and I immediately switch to a Hispanic station that i cannot understand...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

GoHogzzGo

I'm not a fan of the John Nabors addition to the SEC Country podcast personally. Prior to him jumping on they were nice and succinct. Kept to sports, very informative, and minimal meandering into nonsense. I want to hear from the reporters with the information, if I wanted less info and more opinion I'd listen to Bo.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.