Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Minnesota is 6-15 coached by Richard Patino

Started by jdunhog, January 31, 2016, 01:08:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdunhog

I think I remembered haters saying he was way better than Coach Anderson! And we lost Eric Curry to them because he was a great coach! Come on!!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: jdunhog on January 31, 2016, 01:08:33 pm
I think I remembered haters saying he was way better than Coach Anderson! And we lost Eric Curry to them because he was a great coach! Come on!!

Yeah, that's a head-scratcher. Feel sorry for that kid.
[CENSORED]!

Hawg Red

Doubt he does, but if Pitino does get fired, wonder what our chances would be if Curry sought a release.

ShadowHawg

One of Curry's best friends had committed there earlier and that was his attraction to Minnesota. If his buddy stays, I doubt Curry goes anywhere.

husker71

not going to be fired for at least another year or 2.  Looking for his father to take the UNLV job maybe, even though he says no interest right now

Dr. Starcs

Could you imagine Daddy Pitino in the "what happens here, stays here" city.

clutch

Quote from: husker71 on January 31, 2016, 05:16:42 pm
not going to be fired for at least another year or 2.  Looking for his father to take the UNLV job maybe, even though he says no interest right now

I get that UNLV once once a great program, but why would he want to leave Louisville now for UNLV? Louisville is a pretty big time basketball job.

Inhogswetrust

I sat next to his wife and kids in Hot Springs one time at the Sun Belt Tourney. I didn't even realize who they were until he said something to her. I could hear almost everything he was saying to his players during the game and timeouts. I don't know what kind of practice coach or recruiter he is but he is a damn good game coach. His players were prepared, listened to him and played hard and won. Maybe he needs more time to get that ship righted and maybe it isn't rightable under the current situation there that is not his doing. Either way it is to early in his tenure there to judge yet. He hasn't been there nearly as long as Mike has been here yet people still think Mike should get more time....................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Woo Pig25

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 01, 2016, 06:43:20 am
I sat next to his wife and kids in Hot Springs one time at the Sun Belt Tourney. I didn't even realize who they were until he said something to her. I could hear almost everything he was saying to his players during the game and timeouts. I don't know what kind of practice coach or recruiter he is but he is a damn good game coach. His players were prepared, listened to him and played hard and won. Maybe he needs more time to get that ship righted and maybe it isn't rightable under the current situation there that is not his doing. Either way it is to early in his tenure there to judge yet. He hasn't been there nearly as long as Mike has been here yet people still think Mike should get more time....................................
Difference in his tenure at Minnesota and CMA's tenure here at Arkansas is that Tubby left the Minnesota program in a lot better place than what CMA had here at Arkansas. Heck, Tubby left him a loaded roster that was coming off an NCAA Tourney appearance.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 01, 2016, 06:43:20 am
Either way it is to early in his tenure there to judge yet. He hasn't been there nearly as long as Mike has been here yet people still think Mike should get more time....................................

They have been getting worse every year under Pitino. Third year and they are horrible. May not even win a single game in conference. Unable to keep team competitive while building. Looks really bad. Should have kept Tubby and they never would have dropped this far.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Inhogswetrust

February 01, 2016, 11:31:23 am #10 Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:00:48 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on February 01, 2016, 09:00:55 am

They have been getting worse every year under Pitino. Third year and they are horrible. May not even win a single game in conference. Unable to keep team competitive while building. Looks really bad. Should have kept Tubby and they never would have dropped this far.

I completely agree it was a mistake to lose Tubby.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

razorsharp94

They traded a guy who won a natty for a guy whose dad has a few of them.  I'm sure those kids (their signing class) are kicking themselves right now for going up there.

Hawg Red

I've been a supporter of Pitino Jr, but the regression is troubling. He probably has some more time to get it worked out, though.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 01, 2016, 12:15:47 pm
I've been a supporter of Pitino Jr, but the regression is troubling. He probably has some more time to get it worked out, though.

If his last name wasn't Pitino, this would be his swan song.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Hawg Red

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 01, 2016, 12:15:47 pm

While he does likely have more time, could he end up stockpiling some good talent for the next coach to come in and win? 

If they don't at least make the NIT next year, he could be out of there and leave Curry, Coffey and a couple of other good prospects to the next coach. Certainly looks to have spent all of his capital in terms of goodwill this year. They aren't showing any signs of life.

rude1

Really hard to put your finger on where and how this all went wrong there. First season he looked to have that program headed in the right direction quickly. I always thought he was a good recruiter so I believed he would build off what Tubby left and become a competitive program in that conference. But it seems the program started regressing immediately afterwards until it appears the bottom has fell out now. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: razorsharp94 on February 01, 2016, 12:14:52 pm
They traded a guy who won a natty for a guy whose dad has a few of them.  I'm sure those kids (their signing class) are kicking themselves right now for going up there.

Your post reminds me what a friend of mine whose father was wealthy said to him as they were out on their multiple hundreds of acres ranch and my friend says to his dad, "WE sure do have a lot of land, don't we Dad". His Dad says, "Son, I have a lot of land but you ain't went out and got yourself "crap" yet"!