Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scrapped for the win

Started by Kevin, January 30, 2016, 05:21:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Good win today. Didn't play great, found a way to win.
Nice job hogs
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Atlhogfan1

Had to have it.  Rebounding in the last two min of regulation saved the game.  Thompson's putback was huge. Both teams looked lost on many possessions vs the zones but both were hurt by off reb in them.  TT tried to shorten the game and ran the shot clock down too often except during their second half run.  Hogs need Beard to do a better job finishing and keeping that second unit from the inevitable lull that is happening nearly every game. 

SEC holds home court, it will be a good day for the conference. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

azhog10

Horrid passing. Thinpson is one of the few with the patience and ability to pass and move against a zone. Need to overload Hannah's and Bell on the same side. I understand why they split them up but Beard and Durham are mental midgets against a zone.

porkinsons disease

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

hawginbigd1

Good win! Beard and Durham played really poorly! The 3 pt assassins should have put the game out of reach in 2nd half but they were ice cold! Play that way Wednesday we lose by 25! Glad these scrappy guys figured it out in the end.

Breems

TTU wasn't too bad. Athletic guards with size which is a recipe for disaster for our defense.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HoopS

Late adjustment moving Bell and Hannahs to same side was key.

Danny J

Quote from: HoopS on January 30, 2016, 05:50:57 pm
Yeah...it worked well...forced the help and Moses was able to get 3 offensive stick backs.

Corkscrew Johnson

Surprisingly, TT is a good RPI win. Top 40

PonderinHog

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on January 30, 2016, 07:10:31 pm
I heard 35 or 36.  Good win!   :razorback:

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on January 30, 2016, 07:10:31 pm

Not surprising to me.  They've been really close with very quality teams.  They looked really good to me tonight, too.  Their defense was very tough.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

20gauge

Kingsley had a bad first half closed strong.

Seen someone say Durham was a mental midget against the zone. Only had 2 TO's the entire game and hit his FT's and a big bucket down the stretch. Played solid defense and made up for his turnovers.

Beard just had a horrible game. Never got going.

Hannahs was lights out in the first half and couldn't buy a bucket in the second half. Played a solid game all around though.

Watkins is nothing but pure hustle and a solid role player.

Bell was horrible tonight until he hit the clutch 3. Made several bad decisions and tried to force things.

First game I've got to watch this year.

Whitt needs a shooting instructor bad. That might be the worst looking shot I've seen. Hope MA has a plan for it. The announcers were even joking about it during the game.

hogsanity

Terrible second half.  As usual the zone was like kryptonite. Very good overtime play.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dropkick

Bells 3 turned the tide in OT

SamBuckhart

GHG Happy for the effort  Beating TTU  SWEET!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

3kgthog

Whitt sure isn't the player I thought he'd be. I second the thought about his shot. You can't do the leg kick, hitch at the top, and fadeaway and expect to have any kind of shooting success. It makes Ronnie Brewer and Bill Cartwright's shots look textbook.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HoopS on January 30, 2016, 05:50:57 pm

Games often come down to who can make the last adjustment. Such small things add up over the course of 40+ minutes.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on January 30, 2016, 08:17:34 pm
Terrible second half.  As usual the zone was like kryptonite. Very good overtime play.

Just wondering, did you see the Miss St game?

hobhog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 30, 2016, 09:51:16 pm
Games often come down to who can make the last adjustment. Such small things add up over the course of 40+ minutes.

Their adjustment to the 1-3-1 almost won them the game. Completely baffled us for the last 10 minutes of regulation.

Farmer Hogget

Today was the only game I've attended this year.  It was a good game to go to.  The lower bowl of BWA was mostly full but, for most of the game, the crowd was dead.  BUT, when it mattered at the end of the game, it was incredibly loud!  My ears were hurting from the noise.  I've not heard it that loud in BWA for a very long time. . .it brought a tear to me eye! I was proud of our fans!

As far as the team, I was impressed with the defense, particularly in the first half.  They got up by ten and then our defense tightened up.  There were at least two shot clock violations and several more hurried shots as the clock was winding down.  The defense kept the Red Raiders from extending the lead when the Hogs couldn't make a shot.  It was impressive, IMO.  And the way this team fought the entire game.  There was no sign of anyone on that court coasting.  They fought, clawed, and scrapped for anything and everything they could to pull out that W.  And, I really have to thank them.  I was sitting by an obnoxious Texas Tech couple and didn't want to have to slap their smug little faces had the Red Raiders won.  LOL.

I know a lot of people do not like Mike Anderson and, no matter what happens on the court, they never will be.  BUT, as for me, I am impressed with the growth and development of this team.  Did they have some mental lapses today?  Absolutely, but, they overcame them.  Mike did a great job of keeping the team together.  Good job, MA!

scruf

Quote from: azhog10 on January 30, 2016, 05:42:12 pm
Horrid passing. Thinpson is one of the few with the patience and ability to pass and move against a zone. Need to overload Hannah's and Bell on the same side. I understand why they split them up but Beard and Durham are mental midgets against a zone.
And this is why Jump Ball is the worst forum on HV.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: scruf on January 31, 2016, 05:50:48 am
And this is why Jump Ball is the worst forum on HV.

Durham is one of the best PGs in the conference but let's isolate one game and talk about how mediocre he was for a few minutes of it.

b-ash

Durham was either great or terrible.  There was no in between.  He made a couple of nice drives, made free throws,  and played awesome D late in the game, but there were several possessions that he didn't look like a college level player. Those terrible moments stick in people heads and that's why he gets bad comments.

hobhog

Quote from: b-ash on January 31, 2016, 08:33:28 am
Durham was either great or terrible.  There was no in between.  He made a couple of nice drives, made free throws,  and played awesome D late in the game, but there were several possessions that he didn't look like a college level player. Those terrible moments stick in people heads and that's why he gets bad comments.

For some reason he feels the need to take the last second shot, which he should be last option. But he brings plenty to table when not trying to score and plays tough D.

Our D, other than getting beat for loose balls, was pretty dang good.

20gauge

Durham forced one shot and I believe only two turnovers. He's not a scorer he's a set up point guard and defender. Just his game. I guess I just didn't see where he had a horrible game, great no but a decent game. Think he had more steals and good defense than the bad plays he made.

Bell is getting a pass for how bad he played because he hit the clutch 3. He was basically non existent until 5 minutes left and in OT. Which we needed h to be. Cause I think Hannah's had spent all his energy in the first half.

In the end I think every player forced things that killed momentum several times. I mean while it's cool Hannahs hits a shot from almost halfcourt he needs to take better shots. There were a few he missed falling sideways, fading back with a hand in his face.

Probably also a little letdown in this game TAMU game to start out.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: azhog10 on January 30, 2016, 05:42:12 pm

Arkansas has looked good against zones, numerous times this season. I don't believe the Razorbacks were especially excited about this game. Showed in their body language. Glad they had what it took to win, though it was frustrating at times.
[CENSORED]!

rude1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 31, 2016, 11:24:49 am
Arkansas has looked good against zones, numerous times this season. I don't believe the Razorbacks were especially excited about this game. Showed in their body language. Glad they had what it took to win, though it was frustrating at times.
^^^This. There were times where our guys literally didn't know where the ball was at the beginning of the game, one time sticks out in my mind is when a ball was slapped back outside towards Durham and the ball literally hits the court before he wakes up and goes hard after it. Clearly the team had a hangover after the aTm win, but the good news is they found a way to win the game.

azhog10

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 31, 2016, 11:24:49 am
I agree and I think Saturday was the worst we looked. It had more to do with the lack of aggressiveness from Beard and Durham than anything. I thought they were too content trying to pass over the top of the zone instead of attacking it with the dribble or using ball screens to create some space. It's not anything they aren't capable of doing, IMO they just had a brain freeze and were not aggressive.

pigroots

Had to be a little flat after a top 5 win the game before. One thing that has been consistent with this team is effort. I do believe CMA is getting the best out of this team. If Kingsley stays(and he should) we have a chance to be much improved next year