Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Posters piling on during a down year.

Started by dsims2k3, January 29, 2016, 11:49:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cityhog

Quote from: Sed76 on January 29, 2016, 12:19:00 pm
Not like this is the first down year in ages. If so then yeah, it would be ridiculous.

end of thread.

Swinesong1

Quote from: azhog10 on January 29, 2016, 02:21:13 pm
Winning the SECT means automatic birth in the NCAA. So I would say beating UK is important. In football Bama didn't keep Ole Miss out of the tourney even tho they won. We did. So no one team keeps you out of the SECG either. So they aren't different in that aspect. Sure there's no tournament so it's different there.

Basically they are different because you want them to be. The end goal is the same and that's a national championship. I was just reading back at posts and a number of posters talked about how we should be in the Sweet 16/Elite 8 9 out of every 10 years. That's some pretty lofty expectations when I turn around and read some of the things he expects for football.

People claim CMA is a top 25 paid basketball coach so we should be one. Well CBB is a top 20 paid football coach so should he not also be performing like one on the field? Losses to Toledo sure don't help that. We can talk about winning in the SEC in football but we lost to a MAC school and a mid level Big 12 school. We want to blame CMA for transfers and guys leaving early. Well Philon left early and he could have helped our pass rush, but no one jumped on him about it. We had a mass amount of injuries to our WR and RB, but no one is upset that we didn't recruit and sign enough impact RBs and WRs. Heck to date we only have one committed and we are supposed to be a RB dream system.

So you can say they aren't comparible, but that's just because it doesn't fit some narratives that people want pushed. That's fine, but both coaches get paid good money to not just win, but win big. CMA won 27 games last year and you can go back and read all the comments from people complaining the whole season saying we won't make the tourney, we will but we suck, or well we will just lose in the first weekend and should be at minimum playing in the second weekend. So don't tell me expectations are higher in one place than the other. Football has been more successful in the recent years than basketball yet basketball is expected to achieve greater things faster. God bless our fanbase.

Also in the SEC you  can finish last in the SECW and get a warm weather/dome bowl game. Making a post-season tourney in basketball is much much harder.
Standing ovation!

Pork Twain

Quote from: azhog10 on January 29, 2016, 02:26:28 pm
Is it? I would equate Pel to JLS, so CMA didn't get a BP. You've tried to claim that Pel and CMA ran similar systems and in the same sentence said something along the lines of, well Pel tried but never materialized.

CBB's style with Chaney was different, defense not so much. However with Enos we threw a little more, however we played more under center than CBP did. The focus on recruiting was different, but again it wasn't like CBP recruits flamed out and were never successful for CBB. Some of our best defenders were from CBP.

No matter the coach, no matter the sport coaching changes are never going to be the same. But coaches have to play the hands they are dealt and make it happen. You don't pay a guy top 20 in football and exepct to see him losing to Toledo, TTU, or TAMU for three years in a row and then beating LSU. You want to say CMA needs to produce like a top 20 coach, well shouldn't CBB? Let me guess, how much you pay a coach in football doesn't equate to what their expactations should be, but in basketball it does.
It is not the same.  After you admit that, we can continue
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/