Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it just me?

Started by ShadowHawg, January 27, 2016, 10:55:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowHawg

Or does Trey Thompson play much better than his rating coming out of high school?

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 27, 2016, 10:55:17 pm
Or does Trey Thompson play much better than his rating coming out of high school?
Most definitely, he's a better player at this point than I could have imagined. His passing is a thing of beauty at times.

Nuttbashed

His passing scares me. He has the vision to be a great interior passer, which is great. But vision and results are slightly off at this point. But I could see him developing into a very solid player. Would like to see him start taking some minutes from Miles.

JenksHawg

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 27, 2016, 10:55:17 pm
He seems out of shape (at least visually) - was this "bulk up" on purpose to be more effective in the post or has he just gained a lot of weight? Any insights?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: JenksHawg on January 28, 2016, 09:08:13 am
He seems out of shape (at least visually) - was this "bulk up" on purpose to be more effective in the post or has he just gained a lot of weight? Any insights?

He has actually dropped a bunch of weight.

HoopS

I keep seeing his passing touted. Man, I also keep seeing him turning the ball over passing. He may well know how to pass well but until his decision making catches up to his ability, he will not shine. One of the announcers was spot on last night when he said "decision making is as important as skills".

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 28, 2016, 09:09:49 am
He has actually dropped a bunch of weight.

I think it's that even though he has dropped weight it doesn't look like he has added muscle.  Still looks soft which gives the appearance of being heavy/out of shape.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hawg Red

I've been very pleased with how he's played this season. He's getting there. Still doesn't look completely comfortable out there. Hesitant to do anything scoring-wise other than a layup or dunk. This is basically a freshman season for him, though.

nwahogfan1

He is not a super star but he is the best we got so he plays.  Not a lot of competition at that spot.