Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's our updated RPI?

Started by checkraiser88, January 27, 2016, 09:20:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

If we finish out this season out 10-1, or 9-2, plus 2 sec tournament wins...do we have a shot?

GoPigs69

Adam Stokes

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Arkansas.html

If we finish the regular season undefeated, looks like we can be bubble worthy.

ShadowHawg

Sad thing is that there isn't anyone left on our schedule that we can't beat or even lose to. I will still pull for the improbable though.

daprospecta

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 27, 2016, 10:08:24 pm
Sad thing is that there isn't anyone left on our schedule that we can't beat or even lose to. I will still pull for the improbable though.
Outside of Florida, we should win the last 10.  I don't think it can happen but this team has the ability to hot and they are gelling at the moment.

H1N1

Not sure what the negativity is about...if the SEC wins big on Saturday all teams will get about a 5 spot boost in BPI...that's definitely enough for the HOGS to get in by going 9-2 the rest of the way plus a couple SEC tourny wins. Difficult? Yes. Impossible? No.

40MINSOFHELL

Doesn't matter what our RPI is, we ain't going anywhere  this year lol

hogman99

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 27, 2016, 09:20:42 pm
If we finish out this season out 10-1, or 9-2, plus 2 sec tournament wins...do we have a shot?

I think we do and probably a #5 seed or better.

swinesation

So this is the adolescent thread?

Poker_hog

The NIT is the ceiling for this team.  And we're far from an NIT lock.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Adam Stokes on January 27, 2016, 10:02:24 pm
http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Arkansas.html

If we finish the regular season undefeated, looks like we can be bubble worthy.

So your saying there is a chance!!!!!

The only way we make the tourney is by winning the SEC tournament. Which this year isn't impossible for a mediocre team as everyone in the SEC is beatable

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

lynbug

Quote from: GoPigs69 on January 27, 2016, 09:24:31 pm
Lord.  Really?

Optimism reigns supreme after beating a good team.  Realistically, will last night's results significantly change either team's RPI?

azhog10

All road games will be tough for us. We have a shot at MSU and maybe Ole Miss although we haven't historically done well there but have been competitive. UT we don't seem to play well there and @Bama we have never done well there that I can remember. Florida is a game I don't think we can even consider winning as fans. I hope we do but I don't think that's realistic to think we will.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: azhog10 on January 28, 2016, 10:22:34 am
All road games will be tough for us. We have a shot at MSU and maybe Ole Miss although we haven't historically done well there but have been competitive. UT we don't seem to play well there and @Bama we have never done well there that I can remember. Florida is a game I don't think we can even consider winning as fans. I hope we do but I don't think that's realistic to think we will.

You are absolutely correct.  A&M is a better team than us but we won at home.  Same for all SEC schools.   They play better at home.  Refs help them some, fans help them some, familiar with the rims and court help them some and sleeping in their own beds help them some.  All these variables come together to give he home team a sizable advantage.  Happens all over College bb. 

So we have a great chance to win all of our home games and less than 50% chance of winning on the road is what I think.

lynbug

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 27, 2016, 09:20:42 pm

Updated today, TAM 0.634 (13); Arkansas 0.551 (94).  Don't know what it was before. But there are 8 SEC teams above us.

yraciv

Quote from: lynbug on January 28, 2016, 12:47:13 pm
Updated today, TAM 0.634 (13); Arkansas 0.551 (94).  Don't know what it was before. But there are 8 SEC teams above us.

It was around 115.

lynbug

Quote from: yraciv on January 28, 2016, 12:51:26 pm
It was around 115.

Then I would consider that a significant jump.  If we can just continue, but it will be a long climb-----even for the NIT.

NuttinItUp

According to one site, our chance of making the tournament went to 13.2%
https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/team/arkansas-razorbacks/bracketology
(before the win, they were 7.9%)

Also, all of our projections were updated to be more positive:
https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/team/arkansas-razorbacks/projections

lynbug

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 28, 2016, 01:32:47 pm
According to one site, our chance of making the tournament went to 13.2%
https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/team/arkansas-razorbacks/bracketology
(before the win, they were 7.9%)

Also, all of our projections were updated to be more positive:
https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/team/arkansas-razorbacks/projections

That's great.  We have about 48 hours to bask in our most recent accomplishment.  Who could even guess about Saturday given our inconsistency.  But I'm definity gonna have a happy face until then.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: lynbug on January 28, 2016, 01:44:21 pm
That's great.  We have about 48 hours to bask in our most recent accomplishment.  Who could even guess about Saturday given our inconsistency.  But I'm definity gonna have a happy face until then.
They give us a 70.1% of beating Texas Tech, which is nice.

lynbug

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 28, 2016, 01:52:59 pm

Well, those numbers are definitely cause for optimism.  I guess Vegas thinks we have turned a corner.  Does Florida have a much higher SOS than we do?

MountieDawg

So anything less than a 8 -2 record to finish out the season is underachieving?
SEC!

NuttinItUp

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 28, 2016, 04:30:22 pm

So anything less than a 8 -2 record to finish out the season is underachieving?

Well, if you look at their projections page for us, it appears they expect us to get 6.7 more wins and 4.3 more losses. (7 and 4 if you want to round, I suppose)

I suppose that means less than 7 wins is underachieving and more is overachieving? I mean, in reality there is probably a confidence interval of wins out to two standard deviations.

Big Boi

Quote from: lynbug on January 28, 2016, 04:15:27 pm
Well, those numbers are definitely cause for optimism.  I guess Vegas thinks we have turned a corner.  Does Florida have a much higher SOS than we do?
I've seen Florida around 10th and Hawgs 30ish.

hogman99