LOL @ RazorBlacks

Started by Pork Ranger, January 27, 2016, 07:43:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Ranger

Just said by ESPNU commentary

Dirttrackhog

I thought that's what I heard!

Breems

Hates us so much he's turning to racism.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

BorderPatrol

These guys are the bottom of ESPNs barrel, for sure.

bp

razorhead94

January 27, 2016, 07:47:00 pm #4 Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 08:54:37 am by razorhead94
Dino cant say anything bad about A&M
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: BorderPatrol on January 27, 2016, 07:46:39 pm
These guys are the bottom of ESPNs barrel, for sure.

bp

Bottom of the septic tank

wheelspigharvey

Makes me think of Tracy Morgan's character on 30 Rock said he made a movie called A Blaffair to Rememblack.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

thebignasty

The commentary was awful all game.

Boardon Hamsay

They must have confused us with the New Zealand RazorAllBlacks
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

ICEman

Worse duo ever to set foot inside BWA.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Iamjacksleftnutt

That level of racism is unacceptable. Something needs to be done about this.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Iamjacksleftnutt on January 27, 2016, 08:22:33 pm
That level of racism is unacceptable. Something needs to be done about this.

Their President should be forced to quit!       /s

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on January 27, 2016, 08:07:46 pm
Makes me think of Tracy Morgan's character on 30 Rock said he made a movie called A Blaffair to Rememblack.

Thank you for dropping that gem... It kills me every time! Love me some Tracy Morgan.

Suidae Sus scrofa

I wasn't sure about Dino...he doesn't really seem like a SEC guy to me. But I thought they did a good job calling the game tonight. He's better than Andrew DeClerq that is calling games for SEC network this year. Dino actually gives some perspective as opposed to cliche after cliche. The other guy I didn't notice much, which seems like good quality for a play-by-play guy.

Of course, "RazorBlacks" is a major gaffe. But I laughed.

BrooklynRoss

My wife and I laughed so hard at this. We rewound it like 10 times.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

SkeeterHawg

I heard it too, just laughed it off.  On a side note, I was really impressed with Kennedy's half time adjustments.  I have a question about that little line they have down there under the goal.  I will admit our guy was behind the line, but the offensive player took possession of the ball only a step away.  Apparently the commentator believes that the offensive player can take possession close to the line and do whatever he wants to the defensive guy with no repercussions.  Is it called the uncontested layup line?  I don't know, that line is a new thing and I will have to look it up.  By the way, I was really impressed with Kennedy's half time adjustments.
:puke:

bphi11ips

Anyone hear this - "Now we'll take you to Siltwater ..."

I'm not making this up.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Tigerloather

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on January 27, 2016, 08:38:02 pm
My wife and I laughed so hard at this. We rewound it like 10 times.
Same here.  I looked at her immediately & she said "Razorblacks?".  I had to rewind to confirm!
Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity - Frank Leahy

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on January 27, 2016, 08:38:02 pm
My wife and I laughed so hard at this. We rewound it like 10 10-12 times.

Fixt
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

No1Hog27

I thought that's what he said...SMH!!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: razorhead94 on January 27, 2016, 07:47:00 pm
Deno cant say anything bad about A&M
I never say much about the commentators, but Dino Gaudio had me talking to the TV with his one sided BS!

I had to show my wife this thread, she thought I was making the Razorblacks thing up!

ShadowHawg

Razorblacks was a slur used during Richardson's early years.

Sounds like a Freudian slip to me.

arkansas1994

Also called us Arizona at the start

TrueBlue

Just for that comment, I am not going to eat until that dude resigns.....

TrueBlue

Ok......I couldn't last. I had to get a sandwich. Sorry.

Still mad though!

intelligence

Quote from: TrueBlue on January 27, 2016, 10:21:54 pm
Just for that comment, I am not going to eat until that dude resigns.....
Lol. Wouldn't that be funny if the SJW's caught on to this situation and caused a big darn fit. might be a huge publicity boost for the bball team.

intelligence

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 27, 2016, 10:03:44 pm
Razorblacks was a slur used during Richardson's early years.

Sounds like a Freudian slip to me.

Seriously? how come we don't hear more about this?

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Suidae Sus scrofa on January 27, 2016, 08:36:12 pm
I wasn't sure about Dino...he doesn't really seem like a SEC guy to me. But I thought they did a good job calling the game tonight. He's better than Andrew DeClerq that is calling games for SEC network this year. Dino actually gives some perspective as opposed to cliche after cliche. The other guy I didn't notice much, which seems like good quality for a play-by-play guy.

Of course, "RazorBlacks" is a major gaffe. But I laughed.
I guess I saw it differently. They both seemed really terrible the entire game. Did anyone else notice the absurd conversation Dino and the pbp guy were having about fouling up 2? It was 71 to 69 with like 20 seconds left and they debated whether it was a good time to foul or not, while in the double bonus. The pbp guy was trying, he just wasn't competent for even SEC network. Dino is just the ex coach who everyone is certain as to why he had to give up coaching for commentary and dreads hearing him call a game.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: intelligence on January 27, 2016, 10:31:21 pm
Seriously? how come we don't hear more about this?

Yes it was. I am pretty sure they don't print that in papers or report it on the news but I heard it in the stands of Barnhill plenty in those days.

urkillnmesmalls

Those guys were terrible.  I've never heard a duo do a worse job of NOT informing us of the foul counts that the players had. 

I knew he said Razorblacks clear as a bell, but I just chalked that up to mispronunciation. 

Watkins got hammered from behind on that rebound attempt, and then ran to try to save it and pushed the guy in the back.  It was a foul...but what about the mugging that knocked the ball out there in the first place?  The announcers watched the replay, and all they had to say was that it was a foul on Watkins.  It wasn't nearly as bad as the no call on the rebound!   

The refs weren't much better than the announcers, but at least they called it evenly for the most part, even though they called it tighter than dick's hatband.       
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on January 27, 2016, 08:33:19 pm
Their President should be forced to quit!       /s

Thank you for dropping that gem... It kills me every time! Love me some Tracy Morgan.
He was on Jimmy Fallon last week and was pretty funny.

intelligence

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 27, 2016, 10:49:58 pm
Yes it was. I am pretty sure they don't print that in papers or report it on the news but I heard it in the stands of Barnhill plenty in those days.

Ok. Somehow i'm not suprised. Hopefully that is not something our current players have to deal with. If it is i'm dissapointed in our fans.

Biggus Piggus

Just wondering how anybody accidentally says "Razorblacks."
[CENSORED]!

razoredge178

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 28, 2016, 08:19:15 am

That's all I've called them since about 7 last night. There could be something to this...

#razorbLacklivesmatter

Hollywood_HOGan45

You know it was going to be bad when he called us "Arizona" at the beginning of the telecast.

Swinesong1

Quote from: razoredge178 on January 28, 2016, 08:21:42 am
That's all I've called them since about 7 last night. There could be something to this...

#razorbLacklivesmatter
Interesting

lynbug

I don't think they do.  That is not a word that just rolls off the tongue.  Possibly an unintentional Freudian slip?  Regardless, there was enough unprofessionalism from start to finish that I hope some PTB brings last night to their attention.

ChiTown27

I've heard this very thing from announcers before. It was a football game in early 2000, and Cedric Cobbs had either injured his shoulder or was playing injured. I want to say it was Ark vs Bama the very first night the new Smartvision was used. I think it went into overtime. But, they said the same thing then. Plain as day. I have it on VHS somewhere because I was at the game and had recorded it.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

HotlantaHog

The university should bring this to the attention of ESPN.

It's a slur. Shouldn't happen. Should result in some kind of discipline.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: HotlantaHog on January 29, 2016, 12:38:31 pm

Dusty Hannahs should file a lawsuit.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Atlhogfan1

Because he thought it was a blocking foul and had the word "block" on his mind when he went to say Razorbacks?
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HotlantaHog on January 29, 2016, 12:38:31 pm

No it wasn't.  It has happened before and will happen again.  No coincidence it was said in the seconds after the charge call went our way.  Both commentators were obviously thinking blocking foul as that was a huge game changing call. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 29, 2016, 01:04:45 pm
No it wasn't.  It has happened before and will happen again.  No coincidence it was said in the seconds after the charge call went our way.  Both commentators were obviously thinking blocking foul as that was a huge game changing call.

Well that's one explanation.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on January 29, 2016, 12:43:21 pm
Dusty Hannahs should file a lawsuit.

+1 if I could.

I'm available to file it for him.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Pork Ranger